• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the proving ground requirement will be retroactive, grandfathered in with current ones. Also if you have to do it on each character? Or account-wide.

By the way, anybody have any experience with Trade Skill Master? Downloaded it and various modules but it's a bit difficult to wrap your head around compared to just Auctioneer.

Salamando

Maybe I wasn't geared enough when I tried but the tank in the healing proving ground is awful. My hunter friends turtle is better (he tanks our heroic scenarios).

I don't think it's really possible to not be geared enough for them. All of your gear is scaled down to something like a 463 ilvl, with things like legendary cloaks, set bonuses, and legendary meta-gems not working.

Completed Gold on my shadow priest awhile ago. Once you learn a few tricks, the DPS trial ain't bad. Completed Silver on my Prot Pally. Lots more difficult to go for the gold. The helper doesn't DPS stuff that well, which tends to leave adds up across waves.

Enosh

I really don't think gold thought me anything other than figuring out ow to solve that particular puzzle but whatever

silver should be easy enough I guess
just hope it's account wide and that the MoP one counts

2 more gold CMs done on my pala, halfway there -.-

Robin64

A Google Translate of a WoD interview from the press tour.

Dungeons

From a design perspective, the redesign of Upper Blackrock Spire is a similar challenge to the creation of a new dungeon. While the tower base exists, but Blizzard is not limited to increasing the health and damage monsters. New mechanics may appear and must be given a real challenge to players without losing the nostalgic side that comes when we return in an already played in the past instance. Where Blizzard saves time, it is obviously because the boss and the dungeon itself already exist and it does not need to be created, even if the models are updated.

Raiding

It will now be easier to determine which is the best PvE guild. At present, some guilds are 10 raid and others in raid 25, so it is difficult to say which of Paragon or Method is best. With the mythical raids 20 players, it will be much easier.

The raid Highmaul open after the release of the expansion, probably the second week. As with cellars Mogu'shan in Mists of Pandaria, Blizzard wants players enjoy leveling quietly, without feeling obliged rusher until level 100 to start their raid. Highmaul is located in Nagrand and have 7 bosses.

The raid Blackrock Foundry open a few weeks later with 10 bosses.

When opening a raid, every boss will be available, except in LFR mode where they opened on a specified schedule, like what we have known for the Siege of Orgrimmar for example. Players must first discover the boss with their friends and guild rather than going into LFR.

The most successful Mists of Pandaria boss is in his Lei Shen. The game mechanics are both simple to understand but difficult to counter, it happens a lot of things that make the fight extremely interesting. The team is very proud of this event. We can therefore expect some boss in the same style Warlords of Draenor.

Raids should be less linear than in Mists of Pandaria. The objective is to make a bit like Ulduar, where guilds could choose their boss depending on roster available in the evening. This is feasible in a raid consists of several wings, but not otherwise. Raids Warlords of Draenor should therefore not always be perfectly linear.

The meetings will include a lot more mechanical classes, especially for healers. Care in Mists of Pandaria were not very interesting. In Warlords of Draenor, Blizzard wants to deploy more interesting for mechanical trainers, where their role will not be spamming the same ability all the time. They will select their aptitude and choose the right, at the right time and the right person.

World Bosses

The bosses outside represent the largest and brutal creatures Draenor.

One of them is an ancestor of gronn we know, but like three or four times larger. It is made of stone and will have a mystical power that allows, for example, put his hand on the ground, which will peak out stone floor below his enemies.

The second World Boss will be part of the huge plants that live in a jungle of Draenor.

The World Bosses will be activated gradually, knowing that the first will be the launch of the extension.

Loot will be interesting for the Tier in which the boss will be unlocked, the goal being that if Blizzard releases the 3rd boss is that his loot will be interesting compared to what you can loot in PvE.

Ordeal

The Crucible will be updated to Warlords of Draenor and Blizzard also wants to extend the functionality. It will also serve as prerequisites for raids. Players will, for example, to get into a dungeon queue, have at least a silver medal in the Crucible. If you want to make an instance with your friends or your guild, do not worry, you'll be free to do so. But for a random group, you must prove that you are able to manage certain game mechanics and abilities. This will be ready for the launch of Warlords of Draenor. Blizzard believes that this will make the overall experience better players LFD or LFR. Every player has and the minimum knowledge required to face the boss.

Boost at 90

The boost at L90 operate differently if you already have a personal high level or not. If this is your first character and you go directly to the L90, the game will ask you to use first few three or four skills to familiarize yourself with the game, then you will more gradually. You unlock your skills gradually. A Mage could for example start with Lightning Frost Nova and Polymorph.

This is true for Warlords of Draenor. However, the boost to the L90 will be possible before the release of the expansion. Blizzard is aware of the problem but believes that at present, those who benefit from the boost will mainly players who already have one or more characters and therefore already familiar WoW. It is a system boundary: Blizzard wants players benefit from this feature as soon as possible, but at the same time recognizes that there is a danger that characters mismanaged by lack of knowledge of the players.

Zone PvP Ashran

PvP Ashran area draws a portion of its source in Alterac Valley, at the time this battle could last 30 or 40 hours before seeing a winner. You can go in the area for other things PvP. For example you can retrieve resources for your faction. However, the opposing faction will also do, which naturally cause the PvP area. These materials will help you various things, including the invocation of creatures like Alterac Valley.

Garrosh Hellscream

If Garrosh will be present in the extension, it is unlikely that the face again. There are many other enemies to fight and die rather than go back again on Garrosh players have already fought.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
LFR will be unplayable, much more bad players (bot > player).

The good news is = LFR will be unnecessary unless you just want to see the content. You're supposed to be able to jump straight into proper raiding via dungeons and whatnot in WoD. We'll see if that lasts though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Heroic Scenario spam quickest way to valor cap still?

When reset hits Tuesday, I'm planning on getting my tokens, killing celestials then just valor capping asap so i can turn in Test of Valor and get a start on Secrets of the Empire

Mogwai

I'm thinking about some WoW gaming. Is it possible to have some 7-days playtime with Recruit-A-Friend or Scroll of Resurrection for my MoP account (created back at vanilla)?

Ultratech

I'm thinking about some WoW gaming. Is it possible to have some 7-days playtime with Recruit-A-Friend or Scroll of Resurrection for my MoP account (created back at vanilla)?

Scroll of Resurrection is gone (it just ended Tuesday) and RaF only works on new accounts.

Zemm

arms warrior in full pvp gear joins LFR as a tank, stands in the pools at Immersus, no shield, wonders why he gets instantly kicked. Do people actually think they'll not get kicked when they queue like that? Well I guess they must do.

Soloing Spine was one of the most infuriating things I've ever done in this game. Never again. (Probably will anyway next week cause I like pain)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My group 2 for raiding might have just found 2 tanks at the same time. Maybe we'll actually get off the ground this week

TheYanger

Heroic Scenario spam quickest way to valor cap still?

When reset hits Tuesday, I'm planning on getting my tokens, killing celestials then just valor capping asap so i can turn in Test of Valor and get a start on Secrets of the Empire

Yep. It's super fast. If you haven't done the quest on the isle for 300 valor yet, you can finish your epoch stones and not turn it in for a nice bump too.

Also if you have to do it on each character? Or account-wide.

This is big. If they don't make it account wide it'll be harder than ever before to get any use out of max-level alts. I'm all for expanding Proving Grounds as a way for people to train up their healing/tanking chops (dps isn't hard) but if it gates off fast VP it'll be a huge hassle.

Did some napkin math on my current farming spot. Figure it nets me roughly 4k gold an hour, give or take.

Still amazed by how much more efficient ranged classes can be, with serious gold farmers claiming to make twice that or more. It does bother me, but 4k an hour isn't horrible by any means.

And that's not factoring in what I pull in each Tuesday/Wednesday from my typical gem/enchant postings. (Besides occasional bigger hauls from larger budget items like 553 crafted gear or Royal Satchels)

Khezu

Did some napkin math on my current farming spot. Figure it nets me roughly 4k gold an hour, give or take.

Still amazed by how much more efficient ranged classes can be, with serious gold farmers claiming to make twice that or more. It does bother me, but 4k an hour isn't horrible by any means.

And that's not factoring in what I pull in each Tuesday/Wednesday from my typical gem/enchant postings. (Besides occasional bigger hauls from larger budget items like 553 crafted gear or Royal Satchels)

What exactly are you farming?

What exactly are you farming?

Just mobs with a Potion of Luck active. Between what you get from the chests (more reliable trillium ore than any other source, for one) and cloth/greens/pure gold, you make quite a bit. I mostly vendor the greens right now rather than DE or AH them since the DE mats are so cheap and AHing random greens, while possibly lucrative, is mostly a crap shoot that's not worth the time (IMO).

Now don't get me wrong, it takes a decent gear level to do at all efficiently (since the faster you kill the more you get), so it's not for everyone. But I was talking to someone before - at least you get something out of it compared to Archaeology (equally if not more mind-numbing) where I could farm for 2 hours and get shit.

You still have to have at least some professions to properly take advantage of it, and if I was farming on a tailor I could make even more due to increased cloth drops and (possibly) more efficient use of Spirits of Harmony than Alch/Enchanting.

RPGCrazied

What would guys do with your boost to 90 if you was me? Boost a level 32 druid to 90, or boost a new priest to 90(the only class I don't have), but I have a full set of Heirlooms I just got for him.

Would feel like a waste if I just make the priest level 90. The other alts of mine are in the 70's and 80s, no real point.

fuzzyset

What would guys do with your boost to 90 if you was me? Boost a level 32 druid to 90, or boost a new priest to 90(the only class I don't have), but I have a full set of Heirlooms I just got for him.

Would feel like a waste if I just make the priest level 90. The other alts of mine are in the 70's and 80s, no real point.

I believe you get bonuses if the toon is 60+ (ie, professions to 600 as well). If you need the professions on the druid, might be worth it. That said, I have a priest, and it's very fun.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dat mount
ruliweb_newwowchara_on_12.jpg

Fjordson

Missed TLPD again tonight, got killed at a different spawn.

Gonna put it on hiatus for now :lol I don't have the patience for this shit.

I think I'll go back to an almost-as-crazy mount project in the Qiraji Battle Tank mount from archaeology.

Mogwai

How does the EU-Draenor realm operate these days? I'm planning a little ahead and thinking of spending my WoD 90 boost on a new Horde character on that realm, as it's the most active Horde EU realm. Is it stable and all?

How does the EU-Draenor realm operate these days? I'm planning a little ahead and thinking of spending my WoD 90 boost on a new Horde character on that realm, as it's the most active Horde EU realm. Is it stable and all?

Stable it is. Queues it has.

I fully expect 2-3 hour queues during the beginning of WoD.

Mogwai

Stable it is. Queues it has.

I fully expect 2-3 hour queues during the beginning of WoD.
Hmm, 2-3 hours is a bit on the high side. I don't mind waiting up 30 mins at least. What are the queues a peak these days?

Problem is that I got several characters on Doomhammer and that realm hasn't been connected afaik.

Samdecahedron

Neo Member
My guild had to take the free transfer off Draenor to Aggramar. Waiting for an hour to log on at peak times, especially raid days was slowly killing us. You might be better off going to a slightly less populated realm, especially as everything is cross server these days.

Mogwai

My guild had to take the free transfer off Draenor to Aggramar. Waiting for an hour to log on at peak times, especially raid days was slowly killing us. You might be better off going to a slightly less populated realm, especially as everything is cross server these days.

It does indeed seem insane to select an overpopulated realm. But for WoW's current state, people seem to be cluttering together on certain realms as players dropping out. I just hate to mess around on an half-empty realm.

Has Blizzard made any promises to when their connected realms will be completely implemented? What I can see on the forums is that some low-pop realms are still not connected.

Samdecahedron

Neo Member
I don't think they've promised anything but It would be strange not to connect them all. EU connections seem to be going at a snails pace though, and my realm hasn't been done yet. It's a bit strange going from a massive server like Draenor to a quiet one, but you get used to it after a while.

Robin64

Yeah, not sure what's taking so long with connections, especially the EU ones. PvP servers with higher number of players have been connected long before even any sign of the truly dead PvE ones. Heck, I have characters on a realm that never even got CRZ turned on!

educator

So, after a 6-year hiatus I decided to try out WoW again (played from 2005-2008). I had very fond memories of it, but it was too time-consuming back then. I still hold the first few months of exploring the game as one of my best gaming experiences ever. It drew me in to the state where I was thinking about it constantly, even dreaming about it. I had never played a game like it, and everyone I knew was playing it which made it really fun. And man, it took time to level back then, or so I remember it. My first character, a human warrior, took me 7 days to get to lvl 37 (I never got any further with him), and my 72 rogue took 11 days.

Fast forward 6 years and here I am. About 2 weeks ago I started looking into what WoW had gone through and saw that Pandaren was a playable race. I read up, asked questions here (thanks!) and decided that I would give it a go again. I never have and never will play WoW for the raiding aspect, I solely play it for the lore and fun of it, and it seemed that now was a great time to start playing casually.

I am now a lvl 37 Pandaren monk and I totally love it. Love visiting both new and old areas, questing and just exploring again. Really awesome that I could come back 6 years later and still feel like it hasn't aged a bit. And im very happy that it isn't as time-consuming anymore. The lvl 37 warrior took me 7 days -- my lvl 37 monk has taken me 17 hours to get to.

Just a truly great game!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Went back to my dwarf paladin after several months of not playing him (84)

'Uhhhh how do I do anything. What are all these buttons'

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.

I don't think I've ever had this issue lol. Might be from how much I played years and years ago. I actually still have keybinds memorized for all of my classes. Whenever I take a year break and come back it's like I never left. Also always have my addon profiles saved so it's like nothing really did change (after updating them).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I reallyu hate how WoW added the shado pan helmet

but nothing else related to the Shado pan. Not the helmet Rushi wears(the hood rather than the hat), none of the body pieces, none of that. People complain about how transmog should be more open with what classes can wear(which I disagree with), but I think the bigger issue is the amount of npc shit we can't use. I get why I can't use Doomhammer, but why can't I have all the single shoulder options NPCs have?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

I've just restarted since 2012 and im clueless haha

was never that hardcore or knowing a player to begin with

Berordn

They really ought to do something about the really useless Core Abilities and What Has Changed? tabs. As they are now they only serve to confuse, even when the rotation they're describing isn't that complex.

Prologue

The PTR that showed the instant 90, when should we expect that particular update if nothing is changed?

Also I'm subbed again as a free trial on the server Vash(pvp). Is cross realm fully implemented? All the lowbie areas are practically dead.

Berordn

The PTR that showed the instant 90, when should we expect that particular update if nothing is changed?

Also I'm subbed again as a free trial on the server Vash(pvp). Is cross realm fully implemented? All the lowbie areas are practically dead.

That's the update that's in the game. The character upgrades haven't been activated yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom