• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The PTR that showed the instant 90, when should we expect that particular update if nothing is changed?

Also I'm subbed again as a free trial on the server Vash(pvp). Is cross realm fully implemented? All the lowbie areas are practically dead.

Yeah it is, not sure why you're seeing the zones as pratically dead. I see a lot of people while playing.

JCizzle

The PTR that showed the instant 90, when should we expect that particular update if nothing is changed?

Also I'm subbed again as a free trial on the server Vash(pvp). Is cross realm fully implemented? All the lowbie areas are practically dead.

It will likely go live when pre-orders open

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So i'm leveling a goblin rogue. I will likely get him to 60 then just boost him for the free profession upgrade since 60 isn't hard to hit. My main's a windwalker monk, but I figure this gives me something similar that I can easily learn while making it different enough that I can change it up. And when WoD comes out, I can compare what the new monk abilities look like versus the rogue and go from there.

And the starting zone just reminds me what a good job Blizzard did on Goblins. Seriously, they're comic relief but I feel like you always take them serious unlike how Gnomes get treated. They're charmingly chaotic, and they have legit badass lore characters like Gob squad. I also like the Tauren/Goblin dynamic like in Booty Bay with Seahorn and Revilgaz

Khezu

I got to max arch looking for the fossile raptor mount.

I kinda want to try for the bug mount too, but that sounds soul crushingly grindy.
On wowhead people have said it took them like 500 discoveries before they got it, and it takes me like an hour just to discover one tolvir item.

Ugh. Don't feel like leveling unless I'm rested (after the 5th 90), but I don't know if I can tolerate more SoO LFR to gear my max level alts at this point either. And you can only do so much gold-farming at a time.

Really would like pre-orders to be up so I can boost something. (Leatherworking/Blacksmithing here I come!)

Otherwise I might just have to *gasp* play other games in my free time when not raiding. Scary thought I know.

I got to max arch looking for the fossile raptor mount.

I kinda want to try for the bug mount too, but that sounds soul crushingly grindy.
On wowhead people have said it took them like 500 discoveries before they got it, and it takes me like an hour just to discover one tolvir item.

If it makes you feel any better I got the bug mount on somewhere around my 50th solve? It wasn't too bad. Got the raptor simply while leveling archaeology. I still want the hand pet but I couldn't be bothered to do more Tol'vir. Maybe if I really get into pet collecting all go back for it.

If it makes you feel any better I got the bug mount on somewhere around my 50th solve? It wasn't too bad. Got the raptor simply while leveling archaeology. I still want the hand pet but I couldn't be bothered to do more Tol'vir. Maybe if I really get into pet collecting all go back for it.

See I got the crawling claw. Would rather have the mount though. It's just depressing when you farm it for an hour or two and spam like 10+ solves and get nothing.

Khezu

Is it faster to do stuff in Pandaria and trade in the restored artifacts for them or just stay in kalimador?

Either way I think I'm taking too long on average.

Tamanon

Banned
I imagine that it's faster to just do Kalimdor sites, since you basically get one Tol'vir dig per Pandarian digsite, unless you also want to get Panda Archeivements too.

There's so much extra flying involved if you do Kalimdor though.

My trick is using the Mantid locator beacon thingy since that limits the sites to Dread Wastes and Townlong, and the mantid sites go quick since the artifacts are more clustered within the sites, besides the sites themselves being clustered.

Probably get something like 20-30 crates an hour (complete guess there), which would be equivalent to ~5 Tol'vir sites.

There's so much extra flying involved if you do Kalimdor though.

My trick is using the Mantid locator beacon thingy since that limits the sites to Dread Wastes and Townlong, and the mantid sites go quick since the artifacts are more clustered within the sites, besides the sites themselves being clustered.

Probably get something like 20-30 crates an hour (complete guess there), which would be equivalent to ~5 Tol'vir sites.

I haven't done Pandaria archaeology since near the start of the expansion but don't you also first make the items before you crate them to turn in? So you're able to work on the achievements for getting five of each artifact and the pristine ones while also getting crates to swap for Tol'vir, right? Could be a nice bonus.

I haven't done Pandaria archaeology since near the start of the expansion but don't you also first make the items before you crate them to turn in? So you're able to work on the achievements for getting five of each artifact and the pristine ones while also getting crates to swap for Tol'vir, right? Could be a nice bonus.

Yeah I actually wrapped the one for pristine mantid artifacts the other day. Which, unfortunately, is completely separate and not related to the title.

Khezu

Wow I didn't realize how much gold some of the arch greys are worth.

Kind of a shame I have to turn all the panda ones into restored artifacts.

Also, should I try and go for all the weird nick nacks before I go all in for the bug mount? I kinda maybe want Zinrok.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
As a 'reserve' for group 1, I pretty much get every single normal leather agi piece.

It's pretty awesome. Got a ring and tier pants today.

Salamando

Did they ever buff the chances for the 359 Epic Arhaeology stuff to come up? Remember trying for the Dwarf Staff in early Cata....solved sooo many troll and dwarve projects with nothing to show for it....and this was before some projects were worth decent money...

Khezu

Did they ever buff the chances for the 359 Epic Arhaeology stuff to come up? Remember trying for the Dwarf Staff in early Cata....solved sooo many troll and dwarve projects with nothing to show for it....and this was before some projects were worth decent money...

I can't say for sure, but just leveling to 600 I got a lot of the stuff I wanted along the way.

Basically everything from the fossil path, and an epic night elf gown.

It seems a lot faster then when I messed with this during cata.

Salamando

I can't say for sure, but just leveling to 600 I got a lot of the stuff I wanted along the way.

Basically everything from the fossil path, and an epic night elf gown.

It seems a lot faster then when I messed with this during cata.

The gown was always pretty easy to find. Tyrande's Doll...Zin'Rokh...the Dwarve Staff...now those were hard to find. Think I had something like 500 troll solves, and still nothing.

Arch in general is much easier now than when Cata launched. They increased the number of digs per site and increased the number of fragments per dig. They also decided putting decent starter-raid gear in was a bad idea and just gave it decent levelling gear.

The gown was always pretty easy to find. Tyrande's Doll...Zin'Rokh...the Dwarve Staff...now those were hard to find. Think I had something like 500 troll solves, and still nothing.

Arch in general is much easier now than when Cata launched. They increased the number of digs per site and increased the number of fragments per dig. They also decided putting decent starter-raid gear in was a bad idea and just gave it decent levelling gear.

More than anything they changed it so rather than leveling only through solves from 200 on you can still leveling from excavating.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, I have been playing for the last few weeks and enjoying the game more this time then the last time I gave it a shot around the release a Cataclysm, and I have sort of a dumb issue.

I feel my Level 44 Warrior simply doesn't do that much damage, am I doing something wrong? Most guides seem focused on end game, which doesn't help me. I have seen some things say Fury simply isn't that great early on, so I swapped to having Arms/Protection, but Protection still seems to do the most DPS, which doesn't seem right. Did I itemize poorly, or does protection really just happen to do the most damage at this point? Am I just dwelling on what one group in Dungeon finder said (They got mad and kicked me for being in Prot when I was in a damage role, which I had been using up till that point since it seemed to do the most damage)

Here is my character, anything stick out as odd?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/shuhalo/Swordguyman/simple

Shahadan

Well, I have been playing for the last few weeks and enjoying the game more this time then the last time I gave it a shot around the release a Cataclysm, and I have sort of a dumb issue.

I feel my Level 44 Warrior simply doesn't do that much damage, am I doing something wrong? Most guides seem focused on end game, which doesn't help me. I have seen some things say Fury simply isn't that great early on, so I swapped to having Arms/Protection, but Protection still seems to do the most DPS, which doesn't seem right. Did I itemize poorly, or does protection really just happen to do the most damage at this point? Am I just dwelling on what one group in Dungeon finder said (They got mad and kicked me for being in Prot when I was in a damage role, which I had been using up till that point since it seemed to do the most damage)

For a start you should ditch any dodge and parry stat as Arms and try to get full Plate gear for the buff it provides.
Also don't compare yourself too much to other people as they surely are geared with Heirlooms so they'll do a lot more damage than you.

Bisnic

So yeah...finally got to try out the Twilight Highlands Embersilk farming spot (the good one).

Place is OBSCENE.

Yeah, I'm not sure if it varies depending on the phasing going on, but where I am, there is lots of groups of 5-6 humanoids fighting each other, and they all respawn within seconds, and with that potion that gives extra chests, it took me about an hour to get all the cloths I needed.

I feel low-DPS hurt at some point when leveling all my characters. I'm sure someone will give you a better, detailed answer, but my advice is to keep on leveling and worry about DPS numbers only when you are at max level.

Tanks specs tend to do the most damage at lower levels because they get strong AoEs early whereas DPS specs don't acquire (and scale) into their skills until much later. For example, even my 72 Rogue fully decked out in heirlooms was doing less damage than a blood DK when mass chain-pulling dungeons. At lower levels it's an even bigger discrepancy if the tank is geared enough. Don't worry about it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I decided to re-gem and enchant my DK that I don't play much and give tanking a try. First LFR fight I tanked was Malkorok, and that went well so obviously I am the best ever. Insta queues for life.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Tanks specs tend to do the most damage at lower levels because they get strong AoEs early whereas DPS specs don't acquire (and scale) into their skills until much later. For example, even my 72 Rogue fully decked out in heirlooms was doing less damage than a blood DK when mass chain-pulling dungeons. At lower levels it's an even bigger discrepancy if the tank is geared enough. Don't worry about it.
Is there any trick to low level tanking? I did it early, got yelled at hard, and just went with damage after. Do I just spam aoe and taunt the boss?

Berordn

Is there any trick to low level tanking? I did it early, got yelled at hard, and just went with damage after. Do I just spam aoe and taunt the boss?

Warriors have a lot of trouble with lowbie tanking because they get a lot of their threat-maintaining abilities later than most of the other thanks, plus rage generation is pretty awful at that point.

Once you get the Blood and Thunder passive you can get away with spamming thunderclap and devastate, more or less.

Bisnic

There is no point in taunting if the aggro is already on you.

But yeah... just spam your aoe and be fast when moving from one group to another(fast tanks are always appreciated) unless your healer is almost out of mana.

The only way you could fail at tanking in low lvl dungeons is if you have shitty green gear and your DPS are full of heirlooms mostly.

Khezu

So removing 20% of abilities across the board.

This makes me both happy and scared.

Please don't remove abilities I like, and only remove the awful ones that I hate.

Also give me back eyes of the beast you fuckers.

Khezu

Monks are better designed then most classes, so I don't think they have as much to worry about.

But ya, Tigers Palm is one I could see going, along with Spinning Fire Blossom.

Poor Skull Banner I will miss it.

Khezu

I'm not sure what they should do with Hunters, we have a lot janky abilities, but they are serve a purpose.

Moves I could see them pruning I guess.

Scare Beast
Flair
Snake Trap
Distracting Shot
Tranq shot(if they want to be jerks)
Eagle Eye(because they hate anything that's remotely fun)
Widow Venom(probably added to something else via a talent)
Rapid Fire(I could maybe see them turning this into a talent)
Trap Launcher(just make it always active)

Dark Simulacrum, please go away. I don't think I even have you on my bars any more you useless POS skill.

Other than that for DKs, probably Pestilence - just bake it into Blood Boil like the T1 talent lets you.

And um, Control Undead, while kinda neat, I don't think I've ever used.

Besides that maybe some reworking of Icy Touch/Blood Strike/Outbreak. Not sure how exactly I would handle it, since it could become very imbalanced, very quickly if not properly done. I like the option to glyph Icy Touch as a purge, but I don't think I've ever actually used that functionality.

The only other thing would possibly be merging Frost Strike and Death Coil, or making Frost Strike also function as a ranged attack (though this might currently be offset by Howling Blast being one).

Laieon

Finally got my monk leveled up to 90 last night, that makes 3. I have a mage sitting at 85, but I can't remember how to play them at all, so he'll probably there awhile. I need to find better looking boots for the monk and a better looking shield for the pally...

J1vsGih.png

Rokam

Dark Simulacrum, please go away. I don't think I even have you on my bars any more you useless POS skill.

Other than that for DKs, probably Pestilence - just bake it into Blood Boil like the T1 talent lets you.

And um, Control Undead, while kinda neat, I don't think I've ever used.

Dark Simulacrum is great, they just need to open up more abilities to be copied. And with Mythics assuming you have one of each class... maybe they will!

Dark Simulacrum is great, they just need to open up more abilities to be copied. And with Mythics assuming you have one of each class... maybe they will!

Or just make it a mirror of Spellsteal which actually has occasional use. It's the skill you want to like but can't because it's extremely niche in the first place, let alone good.

JCizzle

I want them to get rid of the 'hit this to be viable' shit like slice n dice or tiger palm or colossus smash

I love the concept of fury, but don't play it anymore because of CS. Fuck pooling everything just to do something fun every 6 seconds out of 20. Should be able to use my procs when I want.

Touchdown

Banned
Finally got my monk leveled up to 90 last night, that makes 3. I have a mage sitting at 85, but I can't remember how to play them at all, so he'll probably there awhile. I need to find better looking boots for the monk and a better looking shield for the pally...

J1vsGih.png

grats! :p

Bisnic

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd post mine, but my DK needs to be faction changed, but I'm waiting for a sale on faction changes. I already have the perfect name reserved for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom