• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst 3d models

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
I've been perusing the CGTalk forums today, and there are some modelling gods out there, but what are the most disasterous models you've seen?

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
5.jpg

Yeesh

Yeah I mean this or last gen. I remember a thread about crimes against graphics like this on the old board, but it vanished into nothingness.

FoneBone said:
Priceless.

And frankly, I think the Galleon models are even worse than the Charlie's Angels ones. WTF were they thinking?

"Do you like smoothing groups? I like smoothing groups? Do you? I know I do!!!"

Alex

"http://www.veonprismvp.com/"

Well, that should cause a few nightmares, thanks.

Wasn't Enter the Matrix the one with square wheels on the cars?

BenT

FoneBone said:
And frankly, I think the Galleon models are even worse than the Charlie's Angels ones. WTF were they thinking?
THEYRE JUST STYLIZED!11111

(They do look better in motion, to be fair. Or at least the main character does.)

ge-man said:
The designs are simple, but I certainly wouldn't call KAR models bad. It's a far cry from Charlie's Angels or Galleon.

Hahaha, I knew that after that Kirby post there'd be some Nintendo fanboy defending the game. Sorry, but Kirby is bad art, it looks terrible, as does Sudeki.

Kirby is a case of bad art then (I like his design personally) not a bad model. A bad model is a character that looks nothing like their actual art does, or just looks like a complete mess (see Charlies Angels).

jarrod

Banned
I dunno, I think KAR looks pretty good actually. Particularly for a updated N64 project...

u_g_4_3070903_kaaabydesu.jpg
c_g_09070903_kaaabydesu.jpg
karby_xxx_x3.jpg
karby_xxx_x1.jpg
u_g_3_2070903_kaaabydesu.jpg
kirb_062603_x2.jpg
kirb_062403_x2.jpg
kirb_062603_x20.jpg
skicksykirbyride10.jpg
nintendoconf_051403_023.jpg

...makes me kinda want a Mario 64 styled Kirby 3D platformer. :)

There's some poor shots of ED, but overall people really were too hard on it. It looks just as good as a good portion of games I've played that came out this year. Some poor models and some excellent ones. Some poor effects and some great ones. Some poor areas and some great ones. It's mixed, but overall it's nowhere near the worst anything in the graphics department

Except maybe that awful "dust" effect in Lindsey's stage.

ge-man

SolidSnakex said:
Kirby is a case of bad art then (I like his design personally) not a bad model. A bad model is a character that looks nothing like their actual art does, or just looks like a complete mess (see Charlies Angels).

Thanks SSX, that's exactly what I meant with KAR. Bad models and bad art can easily be mutually exclusive (Sudeki is a recent example of this: competent art destroyed by piss poor modeling).

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Jonnyboy117 said:
...Charlie's Angels looks like a PSone game.

Actually, this one looks like a poorly designed Dreamcast game, not a PSOne game. The game is 100% pure crap, though.

charlie_screen012.jpg

Top Bottom