• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst. Movie. Idea. Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoneBone

I can't believe this actually got greenlit, and not as a straight-to-video release or TV movie. Maybe this would work as a comedy...

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news04/040628d.php
"Ronny Yu is on board to direct the thriller "Snakes on a Plane" for New Line Cinema. Don Granger is producing. "Snakes" centers on a ruthless assassin who unleashes a crate full of lethal snakes aboard a packed passenger jet over the Pacific Ocean in order to eliminate a witness in protective custody. The rookie pilot and frightened passengers must band together to survive..."

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
You wanna know the most terrifying thing about this? It has been done countless times(with snakes and other animals) in recent low budget features.

Yes, the Snakes on a Plane idea is a... cliche.

Pattergen

And the shitty snake movies continue. I think that if everyone just picked thier legs up and sat still everything would be alright. Jesus... Anaconda, Anaconda 2, Python, Python 2, and about a billion other shitty movies about snakes - and people keep renting this shit (or on rare instances going to the theatre). Amazing.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Here's one:

B00006L94C.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Synopsis:

A pack of massive genetically altered Scorpions escape containment on an airplane, turning passengers into victims and forcing one ordinary woman to confront her worst fears.

And Another:

B0001FVE1I.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Synopsis:

A pack of genetically altered Bees that carry a killer virus escape containment on an airplane, turning passengers into victims and forcing one ex-husband to rely on his wife, who just happens to be an expert in this kind of shit.

Pattergen

Goreomedy said:
Synopsis:

A pack of massive genetically altered Scorpions escape containment on an airplane, turning passengers into victims and forcing one ordinary woman to confront her worst fears.

Hahaha, this 'ordinary woman' is more scared of the giant scorpians on an airplane, and thus we should give two shits about her. This is getting out of control.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
I've actually seen both of those movies. Yes, I know, I'm pathetic.

Tail Sting is superior. If only for the unintentional laughs. Most of the kills take this form:

A giant stinger drops from the cieling panels of the airplane, and covertly "removes" an annoying character from the few passengers on board. Rinse and repeat until the final encounter!

Hournda

I don't know what's worse. The shitty ideas that people come up with for movies, or the people who think these shitty ideas are good and green-light them to be made into movies.

FoneBone

Goreomedy said:
I've actually seen both of those movies. Yes, I know, I'm pathetic.
If you didn't just happen to catch them while channel surfing, you have way too much time on your hands. I hope you didn't pay for them, at least.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
FoneBone said:
If you didn't just happen to catch them while channel surfing, you have way too much time on your hands. I hope you didn't pay for them, at least.

I found them on TV, yeah. But I did actively search for something of their ilk. I often get more entertainment from absurd films than I would a celebrated classic.

Caught Killer Buzz on Sci Fi Channel, but it was renamed "Flying Virus". Saw Tail Sting on Showtime Beyond, I believe. Seek them out. Welcome the deep hurting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom