• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would a warrior feel comfortable in Heaven?

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief and Nosiest Dildo Archeologist
Could a warrior enjoy Heaven? Could a Military soldier or a Police Officer be happy in a place where there is no longer any conflict or challenge?

Somebody who truly lives life to battle an enemy, overcome an obstacle, or stare uncertainty and death in the face.
For those few people who live to put themselves in harms way, whether by honor or by self indulgence; is it possible for them to be happy as a part of the masses, worshipping God in total safety and peace?

I wonder if we as a society need war and discovery to thrive?

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Could a warrior enjoy Heaven? Could a Military soldier or a Police Officer be happy in a place where there is no longer any conflict or challenge?

Somebody who truly lives life to battle an enemy, overcome an obstacle, or stare uncertainty and death in the face.
For those few people who live to put themselves in harms way, whether by honor or by self indulgence; is it possible for them to be happy as a part of the masses, worshipping God in total safety and peace?

Well wasn't that the purpose of Valhalla? It was Heaven for warriors. They can continue to battle even in the afterlife. But you're talking about it more in a Christian sense I guess so I would imagine even somebody who enjoys conflict would find peace in a place where we could barely comprehend what that peace was like.

Darkmakaimura

People who crave battle do so from trauma... In heaven, you'd be healed.

I don't believe we go to heaven, tho. We are resurrected to join Jesus on Earth and rebuild it with guidance from those chosen to be Earth's "kings"... As told in Revelations.
I hear people misunderstand the whole idea of going to Heaven. Really what happens is like what you said, we get resurrected and Heaven is actually on Earth.

But I'm not a Christian so I can't say that for sure.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I hear people misunderstand the whole idea of going to Heaven. Really what happens is like what you said, we get resurrected and Heaven is actually on Earth.

I still appreciate the insight.

In Revelations, 144,000 are to be taken to heaven to be kings for Earth. I put Kings in quotations because they're basically human heavenly kings. Not Spirit based.

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

I still appreciate the insight.
I'm Jewish and I think that's what the Jewish religion believes. It's not so much that you go to this higher plane of existence but get resurrected as a physical human being on Earth.

Hell doesn't even play a factor in all this either really.

Depends on the soldier/soldier-adjancent person. And their mental health.

Some would seek complete "boring" peaceful life, others are in the that mental space where anything that isn't conflict, would make them uncomfortable (To say the least). The latter group could probably work through that with therapy, and become like the former group, but I'm not sure...

I'm speaking based on my layman's knowledge.
The only people that "need" war, are people that are wearing suits, not in the front lines... And the people who are in the front-lines that "need" war, are people who were conditioned to be that way.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I'm Jewish and I think that's what the Jewish religion believes. It's not so much that you go to this higher plane of existence but get resurrected as a physical human being on Earth.

Hell doesn't even play a factor in all this either really.

Exactly! Exactly that!

I might be in the minority among Christians, but I don't believe in Hell either.

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!

Resurrection is not a necessity but rather a choice. In addition this is not tied to religion.

FunkMiller

They’ll be fine, OP.

God causes enough pain, death, conflict and hate down here, so I’m sure they’ll be some to tackle up there too 👍

Puscifer

755728.jpg

Most importantly where did you find this Myspace era picture of Lil Boosie

Last edited:
Don't people going to heaven get to be purified first? They would in the process loose all evil emotions and also whatever trauma/PTSD that could have made them like to fight in the first place?

*Nightwing

Banned
When free from the constraints of the weakness of flesh, motivations become freely released from the lust for sin

Plus; with all the PlayStation consoles past present and future in heaven, no one cares about earthly desires in heaven

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
would men have a penis in heaven? What’s the point of a penis if you can’t mate? If we don’t have a penis then would we even fantasize in heaven?

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief and Nosiest Dildo Archeologist
would men have a penis in heaven? What’s the point of a penis if you can’t mate? If we don’t have a penis then would we even fantasize in heaven?
Across all religions claim heaven will be genital-free.
Which I guess makes sense, as it releases humans of lustful behavior.

Ecotic

I've had this thought more generally about heaven. Would I enjoy a place where there's no striving, no competition, no victory and defeat, where you're just sort of in a state of drugged-out bliss all the time? What's the enjoyment to a place where there's no challenge?

Top Bottom