• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WoW ST Winnarz (And a fun activity for non winners)

So apparantly the ST winners have been decided and emails sent. Except maybe they haven't? It's all a headache and I'm just posting this before I ignore it completely and dive into a good old 10 page paper due tommorrow.

Apparantly ALL the participants in ST can log into worldofwarcraft.com and dl the new patch, regardless of whether they won or not. The only way to tell for sure is if you can log onto the servers. I of course uninstalled that damn game and the install files (Like a moron), so I'm left in suspense. Also, there's another round of beta invites going out.

Also the hotmail account I used for ST has been a complete bitch to me as of late. Sigh.

So, FUN, FUN, for some. It's going to be so hard pretending I have no idea this stuff is going on and doing work.

Grey Fox

I would kill to be in closed beta.Lately I've been reading posts on the WoW forums about testers bitching about how they are bored and leaving, and I'm there thinking"you thankless fuck!You are beta testing to help the game mechanics and fix bugs,not to have fun playing for free!" What a waste of good keys.

Also,now that I think about it I wish I didn't "give up" on trying to win the ST challange.if I focused just on my main(which was 28 at the end,probably could've reached 29 but I spent most of the last day having fun with pvp) and didn't make another 3 lvl 10 chars I could've made it.Not to mention I spent a lot of time exploring and not just questing/exping.

Grey Fox said:
I would kill to be in closed beta.Lately I've been reading posts on the WoW forums about testers bitching about how they are bored and leaving, and I'm there thinking"you thankless fuck!You are beta testing to help the game mechanics and fix bugs,not to have fun playing for free!" What a waste of good keys.

We do that only to get people like you upset. It's so much fun to see you all freak out.

Grey Fox

Tommie Hu$tle said:
We do that only to get people like you upset. It's so much fun to see you all freak out.

Even if you do get off on doing that, not everyone does it for shits and giggles.There's a lot of closed testers that bitch and moan and don't realize how lucky they are.Even other testers shun them.

Grey Fox said:
Even if you do get off on doing that, not everyone does it for shits and giggles.There's a lot of closed testers that bitch and moan and don't realize how lucky they are.Even other testers shun them.

All part of our Beta plans for world domination.

Hey Grey can you try to log into worldofwarcraft.com? Do it for the sake of my GPA. This crap is distracting the hell out of me and from what I've read all the ST punks are dling through wow.exe, not the website.

Well, I'm downloading the update right now and I can log onto the WoW message boards with my account information. Hopefully this means I got in. I believe I was the highest Paladin on the Archimonde server (lvl 40 - got my Warhorse :D ) but thats cause all I did was power level. If I got in, I probably won't grind was much as I did in the Stress Test and just take it easy exploring the world. Fun times are ahead I think. I wonder if I keep my character and if so what server he will be on... Anyone know how to find this information out?

Let me straighten something out.

If you can log into worldofwarcraft.com with the account/pass you had for the ST... CONGRATULATIONS!!! You've made it.

I sure as hell had no chance, nor did i try. I was content in just trying out the lower level content and several classes.

Gratz cvkpaladin!

Grey Fox

Yeah you get to keep your characters.I tried to login but no success,I didn't have a hope anyways,saw plenty of higher hunters just around barrens alone.Congratulations to the GAF winners by the way.

Awesome. Glad I got in. :D
Only problem now is downloading this damn patch. The network I'm on currently has a damn firewall that makes bit-torrent incredibly slow. If I had access I would do some port-forwarding but I don't, so I can't. Just gotta wait it out and download at only 30 kbps. Still 5 more hours to go. :(

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
WoW is all ready to go and patched up for me... but I'm not an ST winner. ;_;

I wish the damn game would just release already. >_<

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Why oh why does the Blizz DL'er have to be BT. The ONLY damn way of downloading that SUCKS ASS for me.

hehe

DO they have something against normal DLs?

Even if I just do a straight connection my speeds suck...in fact, if I use my router they are better ;P

What kind of speeds do other DSL users get with their DL'er?

Yeah, Blizzard needs to find a way to appease the peeps that can't use BT as a viable solution for downloading their patches. Maybe they don't want to pay for the bandwith... =P

I bitched at the last patch because it made everyone much less powerful. Even though they nerfed Charge for warriors this time, I feel more powerful. Battles are faster and healing (first aid) is much more efficient. Lots of fun to be had. Also many nice improvements in the UI that I was either hoping for or had actually asked for.

Oh, and they fixed the glow effect on my spear so I'm happy.

However, they made my secondary weapon suddenly require 12 levels more... so I have a 40 gold paperweight... that I can't sell.

Top Bottom