• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrong names your parents use for games

I'm spending the holidays with the folks, and I was playing some Destiny today. My dad was watching me over my shoulder. About five minutes in, he said, "Are you kids still playing Wolfenstein? It gives me a headache just watching." Ok dad.

He also refers to all third person games as Zelda.

What are some other fun names your parents/SO's give video games.

mcz117chief

My parents call all shooters Halo and used to think that Master Chief is a chef so when I asked them to get me a Master Chief T-shirt they almost bought me the MasterChef tv series t-shirt, luckily they couldn't find it so they asked me to ask for something else :D

Ralemont

not me
I'm spending the holidays with the folks, and I was playing some Destiny today. My dad was watching me over my shoulder. About five minutes in, he said, "Are you kids still playing Wolfenstein? It gives me a headache just watching." Ok dad.

He also refers to all third person games as Zelda.

What are some other fun names your parents/SO's give video games.

Your Dad knew Wolfenstein but not Destiny? Wow.

This isn't a game, but my mom thought HD (as in high definition) meant hard drive, and continued to call it watching something in the hard drive even after numerous corrections.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
My mom used to call every fighting game and all games that were gory and extremely violent "Mortal Compact"

Hedge

My mother never called them any more than just "games". "Are you playing that game?", "oh I thought you played that game last month", etc. I don't think she realized there were more than one. Now I'm 24 so.. we don't really discuss games.

my parents call them GuidoMaggi since this is my nick since I was a kid ;-)

I.. uh.. ok.

Top Bottom