• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WTF is G4TechTV THINKING!?!?

FightyF

Banned
They got this segment where they simulate NHL games that were supposed to be played and show some highlights...

Great idea, I say!

They also have Luc Robitaille helping out, chiming in and giving some extra commentary on the games...

Again, it looks like they are taking this seriously!

BUT THEY ARE PLAYING EA'S POS 2005!

It boggles the mind!

What's even more sad...they tie in ESPN NHL 2K5's great crowd cutscenes to the footage!

I can understand that EA's updated animations make it great to look at, but they plan to make this a simulation of a season with stats available online. We all know that ESPN has a better game breakdown (though some stats are glitchy).

But then again, should I, as a die-hard hockey fan, as a die-hard hockey gamer, expect anything else? This is the way it works on TV, when it comes to videogames or anything like that, they always f*ck up...even a channel devoted to videogames.

Ahhh...I feel better. RANT OVER.

Fight for Freeform said:
They got this segment where they simulate NHL games that were supposed to be played and show some highlights...

Great idea, I say!

They also have Luc Robitaille helping out, chiming in and giving some extra commentary on the games...

It boggles the mind!

What's even more sad...they tie in ESPN NHL 2K5's great crowd cutscenes to the footage!

I can understand that EA's updated animations make it great to look at, but they plan to make this a simulation of a season with stats available online. We all know that ESPN has a better game breakdown (though some stats are glitchy).

But then again, should I, as a die-hard hockey fan, as a die-hard hockey gamer, expect anything else? This is the way it works on TV, when it comes to videogames or anything like that, they always f*ck up...even a channel devoted to videogames.

Let the truth be told. ESPN sucks. The sophomore attempt by a new developer is not where it needs to be. Blind allegiance and all.

Saurus

Fight for Freeform said:

...and why are they airing this during the Screen Savers? It's sad but it's becoming more and more unwatchable...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
They also aired it in the beginning of Pulse last week. Too bad, cause I was ready to hear what they had to bash last week but I thought my Tivo's channel guide wasn't updated, so I decided to play Paper Mario 2 instead.

hobbitx

This is exactly how abusive G4 can be with their marketing sometimes which is beyond bold. Instead of airing this junk during a break like they do with Madden Challenge, they just hijack the beginning of the most popular shows.

I felt like I was watching PBS during telethon week or something when that crap came on.

Fight for Freeform said:

Great idea, I say!

It boggles the mind!

You can tell Luc Robitaille feels like an ass when doing that segment and is only their because of the $$$. He's trying not to laugh when doing play by play analysis of a fucking video game that's supposed to mimmick the skillsets and talent of real life players that will most likely never be recaptured in a game truthfully. I find the whole segment retarded, to say the least.

FightyF

Banned
Let the truth be told. ESPN sucks.

Let's compare the last 3 versions of EA's NHL vs. ESPN NHL 2K series...according to GameRankings.com, ESPN ranked higher all 3 years. Oh wait, I forgot to include this year! 4 years in a row.

Read the reviews, and you'll also understand that it's hockey enthusiasts who enjoy ESPN more.

To say that ESPN sucks, is like saying Madden sucks. As Socreges said, that must mean the competition sucks worse.

The sophomore attempt by a new developer is not where it needs to be.

Kush Games is not a new developer. They've developed a widely acclaimed College Basketball game for VC a couple of years ago. This is their second year of hockey game development, and in these years they have introduced new concepts never before seen in a hockey video game. Some of these concepts EA finally adopted into this years version of their game.

Blind allegiance and all.

My blind allegiance tells me you got...owned.

Bog

Junior Ace
Fight for Freeform said:

Great idea, I say!

Actually, no. It's horrible.

I also don't like how on Screen Savers the other day, some guy called up wanting to know about modding his Xbox. So the guy hosting says, "Oh are you gonna do it for Halo 2?" with a big shit-eating grin on his face. Like he's just casual as fuck about it like everybody is doing it. What a fucker. He should have kept his big fucking pirate mouth shut or at least been a little more respectful than that.

While all true and everyone made some good points, the lameness and moneyhats have all just been negated for me. X-Play's review of Sega Superstars for PS2's EyeToy was the funniest thing that I experienced today. Sessler was on point with his goofy side and all the ragging on the GB Printer was out-of-left-field funny. Catch the replay if you haven't seen it.

Uno Ill Nino said:
I also don't like how on Screen Savers the other day, some guy called up wanting to know about modding his Xbox. So the guy hosting says, "Oh are you gonna do it for Halo 2?" with a big shit-eating grin on his face. Like he's just casual as fuck about it like everybody is doing it. What a fucker. He should have kept his big fucking pirate mouth shut or at least been a little more respectful than that.

I thought it was kinda hilarious actually.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Uno Ill Nino said:

ahhhhh, somebodies jealous :D :lol

In before the Tommy Tallarico!

Seriously.. were almost through the first page with a topic about G4 and no one has brought this guy up?? I'm dissapointed in GAF.

Red Mercury said:
In before the Tommy Tallarico!

Seriously.. were almost through the first page with a topic about G4 and no one has brought this guy up?? I'm dissapointed in GAF.

Cannot wait to hear that moron's reviews of the DS and games. He is a never-ending source of industry ridicule.

krypt0nian said:
Cannot wait to hear that moron's reviews of the DS and games. He is a never-ending source of industry ridicule.

I know, and it seems to bring out the best in people.. which is why I was so dissapointed that none had shown yet. Agreed about the DS thing though. He damn near wanted to rub his shwang all over the PSP.

Top Bottom