• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WTF midway???

BeOnEdge

Banned
i just opened my collectors edition MK and the bonus disc comes in one of these?
sleeve.jpg

WTF????

Dead

well not really...yet
BeOnEdge said:
i just opened my collectors edition MK and the bonus disc comes in one of these?
sleeve.jpg

WTF????
Lol, the PS2 version has its own keepcase...

BeOnEdge

Banned
DeadStar said:
Lol, the PS2 version has its own keepcase...

are u serious? thats pretty fucking gay. to top it all off it was fucking scruntched in there and the sleeve is all battered. are they that fucking broke these days? good thing i got one of those 2 disc AOL cases in the mail the other day.

Dead

well not really...yet
BeOnEdge said:
are u serious? thats pretty fucking gay. to top it all off it was fucking scruntched in there and the sleeve is all battered. are they that fucking broke these days? good thing i got one of those 2 disc AOL cases in the mail the other day.
Yep, PS2 one is in a huge box (like the GTA double pack) when I saw the xbox one I just assumed it was a double keepcase....but a paper sleeve? Hahaha that sucks

Anyanka

There's typos on the Scorpion and Sub-Zero boxes too. One of Sub-Zero's foes is "Sub-Zero" and Scorpion's has a foe listed as "Mokoch".

So Sub is an enemy of HIMSELF and unless Mokoch is the most secretive hidden character ever it should be "Moloch".

I wonder if the Raiden, Baraka and Mileena covers have any.......

BeOnEdge

Banned
i'm playing the OG MK now. ah man. memories! you can use the cheapest pattern to beat everyone. the sound glitching sucks though. I wish there was more history. like why the hell they changed raiden to rayden at home.

xsarien

daedsiluap
AniHawk said:
First sparks and now this.

Yeah. Obviously, I'm never going to buy a Midway title for the XBox now because of this. I mean seriously, wtf?

/mugging for the G4 lurkers.

why are people so excited about MK1 anyway? It was nice for the time, but its aged worse than Joan Rivers. Seriously, the minute MK2 came out MK1 became worthless and obsolete. I mean, i understand nostalgia can be cool and all, but can you guys really stand playing it for more than 5 minutes?

Ninja Scooter said:
why are people so excited about MK1 anyway? It was nice for the time, but its aged worse than Joan Rivers. Seriously, the minute MK2 came out MK1 became worthless and obsolete. I mean, i understand nostalgia can be cool and all, but can you guys really stand playing it for more than 5 minutes?
i was actually very excited for MK1. ill admit it was mostly nostalgic, but i actually enjoy the game as well. i wish it was a tad more 'arcade perfect' though.

Anyanka

Ninja Scooter said:

I would think most are excited because there's never really been a great console port that matches the arcade.

I still play MK1(and the others) quite a bit, usually rotating between the different versions. It's slow...ok REALLY slow. Still fun though.

I don't know what's so shocking about playing an old fighter. Nobody thinks anything of those who will play stuff like Pac-Man or Galaga.

Top Bottom