• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wuthering Waves |OT| - Devil May Impact

Pejo

So this is cool. Minor visual changes to represent how high Changli's Forte bar is:
kafacnvni3ed1.png

Looks like tier lists have moved Jiyan down and put Changli with him in the 2nd tier. Both are going to get power crept over the next few months, while Jinshi will remain at the top.

Pejo

Looks like tier lists have moved Jiyan down and put Changli with him in the 2nd tier. Both are going to get power crept over the next few months, while Jinshi will remain at the top.
She certainly is strong, but I dislike her "press A to Awesome" cutscene generator gameplay. Changli - while she still has some warping all over the fucking place - at least feels coherent to play.

I still like Havoc Rover and Yinlin the best out of all the characters, gameplay wise.

I got Encore and Changli in 70 pulls but now I don't have resonator upgrade stuff to upgrade them. The resonator upgrade currency domain gives very little at Lvl 80 so I can't use even one of them for next few days probably weeks as I have to farm both upgrade currency and upgrade mats but not enough waveplates. They really need to change the cost of upgrade material domains to 20, standard bosses to 40 and special bosses to 60 like how Genshin has.

Pejo

Man I just ran out of my Echo xp items (the cannister things) since I haven't been concentrating on farming specific echoes yet. You're telling me you can't use level 1 echoes as xp fodder for other echoes? What kind of shit is that?? It's only prompting me to use echoes that I've already leveled up to at least +2, and won't even let me select level 1 echoes as fodder.

Then I went into the inventory to try to recycle them into xp materials, but instead it just deletes it from your inventory and you get nothing. What the fuck???

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Man I just ran out of my Echo xp items (the cannister things) since I haven't been concentrating on farming specific echoes yet. You're telling me you can't use level 1 echoes as xp fodder for other echoes? What kind of shit is that?? It's only prompting me to use echoes that I've already leveled up to at least +2, and won't even let me select level 1 echoes as fodder.

Then I went into the inventory to try to recycle them into xp materials, but instead it just deletes it from your inventory and you get nothing. What the fuck???

Yeah it's pretty dumb. Same way the vigor mechanic in Tower of Adversity can be pretty debatable.

I'm locked out of further levels because I'm focusing in leveling up my main team for now.

Last edited:
Really nice OT!

If you or anyone else can tell me, what is combat like in this game compared to Genshin Impact? How is it different? And does it have better multiplayer support than Genshin? I just found out this game will be coming to PS5.

Pejo

Yeah it's pretty dumb. Same way the vigor mechanic in Tower of Adversity can be pretty debatable.

I'm locked out of further levels because I'm focusing in leveling up my main team for now.
Yea I've been struggling to stay ahead of the level cap creep with a single team too. Finally had things under control a bit and was starting my 2nd team for tower and suddenly I hit Union 50 and suddenly every enemy was 73-78 and fights were taking too long again. I really feel like all games that use the 'world level' system need to have a quest or a prompt that you can hit when you're ready for it to change.

Not to mention, the drops since leveling up the world have barely moved the needle on giving more/higher quality stuff per run. It's disheartening.

Anyways, this afternoon I finally started the quest for Mt. Firmament, and wow what a huge leap in quality over the 1.0 stuff. The story is easy to follow, the VA work is good, the story has a nice even flow. It's annoying that they just straight up tell you the answer to the (already easy) puzzles while you're doing them, though.

Taking a break for dinner, but I'm really impressed with the quality bump in a single patch, and it speaks well for the future of the game.

Pejo

If you or anyone else can tell me, what is combat like in this game compared to Genshin Impact? How is it different? And does it have better multiplayer support than Genshin? I just found out this game will be coming to PS5.
Combat is nothing like Genshins. There are no cross-element reactions, and it's largely a skill based combat system. It's pretty basic at a fundamental level, but you can do some insane tech (if you're into that stuff) with quick double swap-backs etc. There's a really satisfying dodge/counter mechanic where you're encouraged to learn the enemy's attack patterns instead of just facerolling and depending on shields/healers to trivialize difficulty.

When you're playing at a high level, you're swapping so frequently that it actually looks like you're controlling your whole party at the same time and it's ultra satisfying.

I didn't spend a ton of time looking for a video, but found this to see what I mean. It's gonna look confusing at first, but once you get your feet wet it makes more sense.

Anyways, it's much better if you're a fan of character action games like DMC or 3rd party hack and slashes. Combat is what kept me going through the admittedly rough launch period.

Regarding multiplayer, I have no idea, haven't even played multiplayer once yet in the game.

*edit*

Here's a guy breaking down each step of an advanced quickswap combo. It's gonna sound confusing and you absolutely don't have to play this way, but the fact that you CAN is really interesting to me.

I also forgot to mention that there's a pokemon-like mechanic where you kill enemies and get to recruit them as gear and you can set any 1 as a "main slot" monster to use their skills in battle, which have various effects and movesets.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Yea I've been struggling to stay ahead of the level cap creep with a single team too. Finally had things under control a bit and was starting my 2nd team for tower and suddenly I hit Union 50 and suddenly every enemy was 73-78 and fights were taking too long again. I really feel like all games that use the 'world level' system need to have a quest or a prompt that you can hit when you're ready for it to change.

Not to mention, the drops since leveling up the world have barely moved the needle on giving more/higher quality stuff per run. It's disheartening.

Anyways, this afternoon I finally started the quest for Mt. Firmament, and wow what a huge leap in quality over the 1.0 stuff. The story is easy to follow, the VA work is good, the story has a nice even flow. It's annoying that they just straight up tell you the answer to the (already easy) puzzles while you're doing them, though.

Taking a break for dinner, but I'm really impressed with the quality bump in a single patch, and it speaks well for the future of the game.

You can always lower down world level.

Yeah 1.1 main quest is absolutely fantastic. They really improved a lot on that end.

EDIT:

Build going well. Her fast paced playstyle is pretty neat.

xXBiEWf.jpeg

Last edited:

Pejo

MAN I had LIghtcrusher down to like ~5% hp and started fucking up my dodges.

I'm still torn between bringing a healer to that fight or not. I really need to level my Verina, she's still sitting at level 1.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Since ZZZ is on hold for now beyond dailies and BP progression, I thought that I'll give this one a chance.

I like the ambient music and the atmosphere it creates, the world looks pleasing and art is great. The big areas like cities though are not so great and looks like they were designed for a MMO and for dozens of players to walk around in them, with huuuuge and extremely wide streets which just doesn't fIt the SP nature of the game I think and I don't get as to why they did it this way cuz there's no other players in the world and it's not a MMO. Combat is somewhat decent and animations are great.

I'll be honest, Idk how much I'll be playing this game, but I'll give it a few days of playtime at least and then we'll see:messenger_relieved:

Last edited:

Pejo

Since ZZZ is on hold for now beyond dailies and BP progression, I thought that I'll give this one a chance.

I like the ambient music and the atmosphere it creates, the world looks pleasing and art is great. The big areas like cities though are not so great and looks like they were designed for a MMO and for dozens of players to walk around in them, with huuuuge and extremely wide streets which just doesn't fIt the SP nature of the game I think and I don't get as to why they did it this way cuz there's no other players in the world and it's not a MMO. Combat is somewhat decent and animations are great.

I'll be honest, Idk how much I'll be playing this game, but I'll give it a few days of playtime at least and then we'll see:messenger_relieved:
Yea agree with the city design. The game was rushed to release for whatever reason, so they're slowly improving and revising a bunch of poor decisions at launch. The patch 1.1 content has been night/day levels of improvement in pacing and direction. The localization got a lot better too. Don't feel crazy if you think the early main quest is a confusing disjointed mess, but I can vouch it definitely gets better.

Combat is what keeps me in, too. It's just a lot of fun once you find some characters that click with you. I was surprised how great the main character is in gameplay.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Yea agree with the city design. The game was rushed to release for whatever reason, so they're slowly improving and revising a bunch of poor decisions at launch. The patch 1.1 content has been night/day levels of improvement in pacing and direction.
I guess they rushed to the game to release cuz of ZZZ and.... well, I get why the did that, but they also gave us a vaucher to get one of the two 5 star charcters for free so that's great.

The localization got a lot better too. Don't feel crazy if you think the early main quest is a confusing disjointed mess, but I can vouch it definitely gets better.
I'm playing with Japanese VA (as I always do with eastern games, even though WW's original language is Chinese).

As for the story so far... there's some cool cutscenes here and there and I like the design of the MC which is not talking in cutscenes but outside of them she does (I'm playing as a female MC)? I'm sure it's a cost saving thing but... it should be a thing of the past in 2024. Overall production values of conversations, how they frame / stage them are at the PS3/X360 level at best, needs to be further improved and huge open interiors in some places are not helping as well, lip-sync is bad too.

The bottom line I guess is that WW just feels like MMO which happens to be completely SP and not a SP game by design, you sort of don't notice it while you're exploring the world and all that, but everywhere else you not only notice it right away, but also feel and see it as well and they're not even hiding it. The character introduction in the city is not great as well and the huge for no reason MMO scope of it doesn't help either, the art and art design is great, but the scope is off the charts for a SP game.

Now, granted, they give you the option to move fast with grappling hook and you can also scale walls fast instead of climbing, but I think all these options should be primarily used in the open world and during world exploration where it's most useful, but it looks like they're trying to fix their MMO city design by letting you use these tools in the cities, cuz they're so abnormally large and otherwise it'll take a lot of time backtracking back and forth.

I love the character animations in the select menus and the weapon animations are great as well when characters takes out and puts the katana back into the scabbard, you almost feel and hear the force of them doing that which is great and really nice touch, same goes for combat.

Combat is what keeps me in, too. It's just a lot of fun once you find some characters that click with you. I was surprised how great the main character is in gameplay.
From the little time I played the game, combat was good even at the very early part of the game, but I still need to get used to character swapping mechanic with intros and outros, since I haven't seen anything like this before and... well, it's just need more time to get used to it and use it properly. Performance of the game though. Man, it's just straight up bad and inexcusable, especially on a high end hardware (I've 3080Ti, 32GB of RAM and 8700K @4.8GHz on all cores - old CPU, I know, but WW is not a game you need 7800X3D for). Even locking FPS to 60 via Riva doesn't help much if at all.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
From the little time I played the game, combat was good even at the very early part of the game, but I still need to get used to character swapping mechanic with intros and outros, since I haven't seen anything like this before and... well, it's just need more time to get used to it and use it properly. Performance of the game though. Man, it's just straight up bad and inexcusable, especially on a high end hardware (I've 3080Ti, 32GB of RAM and 8700K @4.8GHz on all cores - old CPU, I know, but WW is not a game you need 7800X3D for). Even locking FPS to 60 via Riva doesn't help much if at all.

Performance wise I can't really complain now.

On my previous potato PC, the game struggled, but now performance wise works pretty darn good.

They need to update the game to support 120 fps though.

In other news:

Seems like it may be sooner than later.

Last edited:

Pejo

This is kinda neat when you don't wanna fuck with the last switch on pressure plate puzzles and you have Changli.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Performance wise I can't really complain now.

On my previous potato PC, the game struggled, but now performance wise works pretty darn good.

They need to update the game to support 120 fps though.

In other news:

Seems like it may be sooner than later.

There's some better PS5 footage from the ChinaJoy event uploaded here by Gematsu.

But yeah, it looks to be running well so I'm now more optimistic about the console release.

Last edited:

Pejo

So I finished up the Firmament stuff last night, I really liked it. They kinda stretched out those cutscenes at the end of the story quest a little longer than they needed to, but it was cool to watch the imagery anyways. I love how they're just like "great job on saving the city, now it's time to snowboard, BABY!" Major FF7 (original) vibes lol.

I'm still having issues beating the lv120 monsters for that event quest. Got so close a few times, but I always end up fucking up a dodge at some point and you can't eat more than 1-2 hits from those fuckers. It's super annoying when Mighty Lightcrusher resets himself by running out of his own encounter area. Had that happen a few times already. So on top of keeping track of the actual fight, you also have to try to get him to aim his attacks towards the bones or something so he doesn't run out of bounds. Fucking stupid mechanic.

Jue weekly boss fight, just like that Heron fight, is super fucking annoying because they're always flying around out of reach for like 60% of the fight. At least this one has a grapple to let you close distance a bit.

Anyways, doing all of that content over the past few days has bumped up my resources quite a bit. It was sorely needed because I was struggling to even level my echoes before doing Mt. Firmament stuff due to no Shell Credits/no echo XP mats. Also got lucky and got another 5* weapon from the standard weapon banner super early, a nice pair of gauntlets for my ahoge monk. Stuck at lv60 for now though because leveling weapons gets fucking EXPENSIVE past 50.

I got all the rewards from that hologram battle event without using a single trial character. I was in the process of building Changli while I was doing the battles, so it got progressively easier as time went on. It was a fun 'boss rush' type event but they really need to stop throwing the same 6~ bosses at us for every combat event. I hope they consider putting stronger variants of other regular monsters with new moves or properties or something to break up the monotony, until they release more 'boss' tier enemies to fill out these battle events with.

Anyways, overall it was a huge bump in quality over the 1.0 content, and I still have a ton of exploration and side quests to do, so I'm happy with the state of the game for now. It's certainly a better first patch than Genshin's was, as far as fixing problems/increasing quality of content. Hope they continue to work on the localization and come into their own with some new event types that aren't just "boss rush" or "we're gonna copy Genshin again".

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Finished leveling up my main party to level 80. Now I gotta bump their skills.

Also finished Changli's companion quest and let me tell you, as someone who played Genshin for about 4+ years, Changli's quest was peak gacha companion-story for me.

Really fucking cool and very well executed.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
EECEBAF2-8C76-4B5F-8E4E-2FD5B7FDC760.png

Not even Changli's banner, which was super hyped, managed to top all 3 Mihoyo's games.

And don't even start me on those 96M for ZZZ :messenger_hushed:

Last edited:

Pejo

It's fine, frankly I think the 30~ mil range is pretty good considering the launch that WuWa had. Hopefully they got some good word of mouth with 1.1 and it continues into 1.2. Now that they've got a foothold, I'd really like to see them start doing more of their own thing instead of just copying everything about Genshin that they can legally get away with.

I think rumors are that a male character is next banner, so we'll probably see a dip this month too, but I guess we'll see. At any rate, I'm sure tons of games would love to see "only" 30 million dollars revenue in a month, and this is also only counting iOS/Android. If they can average above 20mil a month I'd imagine they consider that a huge success, considering their other major game hovered between 1-2 mil per month worldwide.

But yea, ZZZ exploded onto the scene for sure. Crazy numbers.

In in-game news. Took a few tries and beat that level 120 crystal enemy since I have been riding high about beating Lightcrusher. He was a lot easier as far as moveset and forgiveness upon screwing up. The only thing that messed me up a few times was that tornado move that pretty much guarantees to kill you if it touches you once due to the succ. Eventually when I beat it, I just ran away at approximately the stage of the fight that it uses the tornado and just dodged for a while until it used the skill, then went in for the kill as normal. Not nearly as bad as Lightcrusher, especially since it stays pretty much in the center of its own area at all times, and will manually re-center itself before it does a few different skills.

Also finally got one team "built", with all three characters at level 80 with lv 80 weapons, a full set of +25 echoes (not perfect substats but who gives a shit), and all skills at least to lv 6. It's gonna take a long time to get higher than that on the skills since they require weekly boss drops for every fucking level past 6, so I decided to stop there for now and work on my 2nd team first, so I can score better in the tower.

So my teams are going to be:
  • Rover
  • Changli
  • Jianxin
And
  • Jinhsi
  • Yinlin
  • Baizhi
I actually still like Yinlin better than Changli, but since she offers off-field coordinated attacks, she seems to fit better with Jinhsi carry, since Jinhsi really wants coordinated attackers on the team. I also have Verina but am not interested in building her at the moment. I find myself not really needing a dedicated healer very much in this game. Either the dodge and Jianxin's invincible counter/shield is more than enough, or the enemy basically 1 shots you, making healing unnecessary.

Pejo

Looks like they're copying Genshin's "drip marketing", surprise reveal of this character:
gldllhxnhmgd1.jpeg

And a new 4*
GUISTewXYAAGVmB

The description curiously leaves out any mention of gender, so I'm a little suspicious that they might be setting a trap.

"Youhu, a natural expert in identifying antiques, is a capable speaker with distinctive tastes. When dealing with treasures and antiques, this jubilant dynamo settles into calm perception, tracing their distant past through their wrinkles and textures."

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Looks like they're copying Genshin's "drip marketing", surprise reveal of this character:
gldllhxnhmgd1.jpeg

And a new 4*
GUISTewXYAAGVmB

The description curiously leaves out any mention of gender, so I'm a little suspicious that they might be setting a trap.

"Youhu, a natural expert in identifying antiques, is a capable speaker with distinctive tastes. When dealing with treasures and antiques, this jubilant dynamo settles into calm perception, tracing their distant past through their wrinkles and textures."

Blue pallete, assemble!

morph mighty morphin power rangers GIF by Power Rangers

Pejo

Welp, I procrastinated a bit, but still ended up getting everything done before the next update.

oEaQqez.jpeg

I really enjoyed Mt. Firmament and the main story. I was unprepared for how good Changli's character quest was, too. The NPCs were done perfectly in that story. They were there to get things moving and to reinforce the themes, but not so overbearing so it felt like you were playing fetch for a few nobodies you'll never see again. The cinematics (per usual) were great too. Changli is a surprisingly complex character, much more than an average gacha character usually gets which is 1-2 primary traits that they focus on and never shut up about.

It was also cool that after finishing her quest, the game unlocks a Shiny version of Lightcrusher for your collection. Felt like a proper unique quest reward that is very rare in gacha games. I think things are definitely looking up for the game if they continue this quality in future patches. Honestly if I wasn't so invested in Genshin (including sunk cost fallacy) at this point, I'd probably drop it wholesale for Wuthering Waves. If WuWa can produce some more frequent and higher quality event content, they'll be the superior game in most metrics.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Welp, I procrastinated a bit, but still ended up getting everything done before the next update.

oEaQqez.jpeg

I really enjoyed Mt. Firmament and the main story. I was unprepared for how good Changli's character quest was, too. The NPCs were done perfectly in that story. They were there to get things moving and to reinforce the themes, but not so overbearing so it felt like you were playing fetch for a few nobodies you'll never see again. The cinematics (per usual) were great too. Changli is a surprisingly complex character, much more than an average gacha character usually gets which is 1-2 primary traits that they focus on and never shut up about.

It was also cool that after finishing her quest, the game unlocks a Shiny version of Lightcrusher for your collection. Felt like a proper unique quest reward that is very rare in gacha games. I think things are definitely looking up for the game if they continue this quality in future patches. Honestly if I wasn't so invested in Genshin (including sunk cost fallacy) at this point, I'd probably drop it wholesale for Wuthering Waves. If WuWa can produce some more frequent and higher quality event content, they'll be the superior game in most metrics.

Yeah, her quest was amazingly well put together and did a great job in explaining the reasons why she is the way she is.

She's a complex character but in a good way, and that's kind of hard to pull in a gacha game like you said.

Btw, am I the only one that finds the cooking in this game weird to pull off? I'm at rank 53 and probably have done like what, 5-6 recipes max?

Pejo

Yeah, her quest was amazingly well put together and did a great job in explaining the reasons why she is the way she is.
Yea and it's interesting that they showed her as both a student/inexperienced and as a teacher to Jinhsi. I really ended up liking her as a character thanks to that quest. Hope we see more of her in the future.
She's a complex character but in a good way, and that's kind of hard to pull in a gacha game like you said.
Yea I wonder if we can expect that treatment for future characters or if they'll eventually get stuck in the weeds and boil down everyone to a single trait like Genshin did when they start running out of ideas. I was really impressed that the NPCs weren't the sole focus of the quest, but still added context and symbolism. The VA work got better too, but I will never not laugh that Xinyi (the old lady, whatever her name is) has an inexplicable English accent for some reason. It's jarring considering the characters are mostly all from the same (not)China region and she's the only main character with the accent. It'd have been fine if they all had the accents, but just one makes it so weird for me. Takes me out of the dialogue and ruins the immersion, as weird as that sounds.
Btw, am I the only one that finds the cooking in this game weird to pull off? I'm at rank 53 and probably have done like what, 5-6 recipes max?
The problem with cooking is that the plant mats are either a pain to gather or really expensive considering that post level 60 you are constantly in a shell credits deficit. But yea, I always forget to use consumables, no matter the game, so I've done very little cooking. I have some food I got as quest rewards or code redeems or something. The only ones I've made myself are the milky fish soup (sounds disgusting btw), and the meat skewers. CN gachas and their food always remind me of the "Idiot Abroad" episode where he's in China watching the lady eat scorpions.

Nankatsu

Gold Member

120 fps already coming on next patch, but only to selected PC's though. Wonder what exactly that means.

Also hoverdroid is a pretty cool QoL for people who don't run a resonator with guns on their team.

And we are also getting a free 5-stars.

Kuro is cooking.

Season 5 Cooking GIF by Living Single

Last edited:

Pejo

120 fps already coming on next patch, but only to selected PC's though. Wonder what exactly that means.

Also hoverdroid is a pretty cool QoL for people who don't run a resonator with guns on their team.

And we are also getting a free 5-stars.

Kuro is cooking.
Damn, some nice QoL in there. Being able to switch auto-targeting method is gonna be really nice. I use the manual target in almost all fights anyways, but it'll be easier now to know which target is going to be selected first in an encounter. Just having lock-on in general feels so much better than Genshin. I'm shocked they never added it yet.

They're copying Star Rail now too, but it's not a bad thing. That free dude might as well not exist for me though. With how expensive it is/long it takes to build a character, I still have 3 characters I actually like to build from level 1 before I consider a random freebie that I'll admit I'm not really interested in based on visuals alone.

*edit*

Found the Kuro Games Mandatory Typo™ in the promotional stuff:

u4uho1hag1hd1.jpeg

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
They're copying Star Rail now too, but it's not a bad thing. That free dude might as well not exist for me though. With how expensive it is/long it takes to build a character, I still have 3 characters I actually like to build from level 1 before I consider a random freebie that I'll admit I'm not really interested in based on visuals alone.

I'm actually pretty pumped for Robot-arm man. His animations look pretty sick.

Won't go for his weapon thought. Already got his weapon type from season pass and I can also get one of the standard 5 star weapons for him.

Gonna start saving again for Scar, because I won't be pulling for either Zhezhi, Youhu or the Shorekeeper.

EDIT: Official 1.2 artwork

wuthering-waves-version-1-2-in-the-turquoise-moonglow-v0-xm6zpc4t26hd1.jpeg

Last edited:

Pejo

I'm actually pretty pumped for Robot-arm man. His animations look pretty sick.

Won't go for his weapon thought. Already got his weapon type from season pass and I can also get one of the standard 5 star weapons for him.

Gonna start saving again for Scar, because I won't be pulling for either Zhezhi, Youhu or the Shorekeeper.

EDIT: Official 1.2 artwork

wuthering-waves-version-1-2-in-the-turquoise-moonglow-v0-xm6zpc4t26hd1.jpeg
Is there info on the glasses girl at the top?

*edit*

Fucking ROUGH. Some guy just hit Union Level 70 and did Jue fight and these were the drops:
ma7lgejjt5hd1.png

So yea, maxing a character's skill tree is gonna take weeks if not months, even if you don't build other characters.

3 fucking mats at UL70. Insanity.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Is there info on the glasses girl at the top?

*edit*

Fucking ROUGH. Some guy just hit Union Level 70 and did Jue fight and these were the drops:
ma7lgejjt5hd1.png

So yea, maxing a character's skill tree is gonna take weeks if not months, even if you don't build other characters.

3 fucking mats at UL70. Insanity.

You have the usual leaks sub-reddit that has a ton of info. You can also check this out for her kit.

She's Glacio.

Yeah, those rewards for UL 70 are fucking pain. But I'm sure they'll eventually change it.

It's one of those moments where they're turning a blind eye because the game doesn't have that much content to do.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Annoyingly long images detailing some 1.2 content.

z6slb6ti1dhd1.jpg
wbgycjwi1dhd1.jpg

Hmm, defense event? Not sure about that.

It's cool and all, and its using the best thing in the game, which is the combat, but I was hoping they would throw a more chilled event in between.

Something around the snowboard minigame or even the parkour one, which is super fun to do and works really well.

I would love for them to do a 1 vs 1 parkour online mode, with multiple tracks.

EDIT: 1.2 trailer:

Last edited:

Pejo

You guys rolling on the painter girl? I'll probably try my luck for a copy. If I lose the 50/50 I am not gonna go again though, I like the Shorekeeper and she seemingly is coming up soon-ish.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
You guys rolling on the painter girl? I'll probably try my luck for a copy. If I lose the 50/50 I am not gonna go again though, I like the Shorekeeper and she seemingly is coming up soon-ish.
Nah, I'll totally skip her.

Too much characters to build and I plan to play Xiangli Yao paired with Yinlin.

However I'll need to see how crucial his weapon is.

Already got the gauntlet from BP and the 5-star Gauntlet from the standard weapons banner, because initial plan is to also skip his weapon and save for what's coming more down the road.

Last edited:

Pejo

Nah, I'll totally skip her.

Too much characters to build and I plan to play Xiangli Yao paired with Yinlin.

I'll need to see how crucial his weapon is thought.

Already got the gauntlet from BP and the Gauntlet 5-star from the free one, because initial plan is to also skip his weapon and save for what's coming more down the road.
Yea I kinda question their decision to make character building so FUCKING SLOW. On one hand, I get it, the game was new and they wanted to make sure players have something to grind towards, but even Genshin 1.0 wasn't so stingy with basic mats like artifact (Echo) xp and just basic currency Mora (Shell credits).

Also the weekly boss mats, as we've previously discussed, is fucking bullshit. I'm a fairly active day 1 player and I STILL haven't fully leveled the skills of a single team yet. And I just hit the quest for the next SOL3 uncap.

Top Bottom