• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2k18 Announced For Switch

I'm not even kidding this is the most excited I've ever been for a 3rd party game announcement. I don't care how bad they are, I have wanted a "good" portable wrestling game for almost 8 years.

2634530-8089632993-IPu9l.gif

I buy these games every year and tell myself "THIS will be the year they finally make a good game!" but I'm always wrong. I finally decided I was skipping it this year, but if it's on Switch I can't refuse. You win again, 2K!

Baseball :(... Thats all i want.

Be hard for someone to compete with Sony, does Xbox even have a decent baseball game.

I'm just hoping for Baseball Stars Neo Geo before too long. And maybe the NES version, playing the shit out of that earning lots of money by challenging the prestigious Lovely Ladies.

Hasney

Gut feel is that they're aiming for the same date, but give themselves some wiggle room in case it needs more work.

LordKano

I just got a PR mail saying that the Switch version is only planned for Fall and not yet for October 17th, I guess that's why they didn't announce it at the same time as other versions.

I just got a PR mail saying that the Switch version is only planned for Fall and not yet for October 17th, I guess that's why they didn't announce it at the same time as other versions.

Yeah, has been known for a few days, but thanks for checking in to be sure.

Eradicate

Don't know if it's been posted, but the game page is up on Nintendo's site: http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/wwe-2k18-switch

Doesn't look like any new information though from scanning through it! It says number of players "to be determined," but that may be about it. Also, there are apparently two Kurt Angle's in the preorder, which I didn't know about. Still no definitive signs of the deluxe edition or a firm release date yet! In time!

Haven't seen gameplay of either games, but you already made your pick ;)
I know what I'm getting with a WWE 2K game, it'll be the same basic have Yukes has been putting out for years. That's cool and all and I'll get it, but I still wish they'd gone for something different and I do think a game that plays like an updated No Mercy would have been fun and a nice change up. Plus you can't deny the power a nostalgia play can do on a Nintendo system.

Top Bottom