• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw screens

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
920640_20040720_screen001.jpg

920640_20040720_screen002.jpg

920640_20040720_screen003.jpg

920640_20040720_screen004.jpg

920640_20040720_screen005.jpg

920640_20040720_screen006.jpg

Penguin

Well does anyone else notice that John Cena has on a pair of Nintendo boxers or is it just me?

He has been wearing a lot of Nintendo stuff recently... I know thw wristband at XX for sure.

Agent X

Penguin said:
Well does anyone else notice that John Cena has on a pair of Nintendo boxers or is it just me?

He has been wearing a lot of Nintendo stuff recently... I know thw wristband at XX for sure.

I've seen him wearing Atari wristbands, too. :)

Sho Nuff

Banned
wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-20040726072011863.jpg

"LLIW
UOY
EGANAM
???? EM"

WILL YOU PLEASE FIX THOSE FUCKING MIRRORED SIGNCARDS? Jesus, were the Xbox Raw games the only titles that didn't have that horseshit?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Sho Nuff said:
wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-20040726072011863.jpg

"LLIW
UOY
EGANAM
???? EM"

WILL YOU PLEASE FIX THOSE FUCKING MIRRORED SIGNCARDS? Jesus, were the Xbox Raw games the only titles that didn't have that horseshit?

I don't see anything wrong with that sign. Just think about it, the sign is suppose to be pointed towards the ring. Of course it's gonna be mirrored when you view it from the back

Sho Nuff

Banned
Wario64 said:
I don't see anything wrong with that sign. Just think about it, the sign is suppose to be pointed towards the ring. Of course it's gonna be mirrored when you view it from the back

Yes, when I go to WWE events I always make sure to paint a mirrored image on the back of each of my signcards.

TheRob

The game looks almost exactly the same to me. Ah well... Also, I expect Cena's boxers to be changed before the game comes out. I doubt they'll want to pay Nintendo for royalty fees.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-20040726072013582.jpg

Um, holy shit.

Lemme guess...this is Xbox/PS2 right? Fucking THQ.

Mr Gump

Banned
If Yukes hasnt got rid of all the smackdown 1 animations by now they really do suck.

AKI's characters - while not composed of as many polygons seem to be way more pleasing to look at however. The level of personality is unparalleled.

evil ways

Mr Gump said:
If Yukes hasnt got rid of all the smackdown 1 animations by now they really do suck.

AKI's characters - while not composed of as many polygons seem to be way more pleasing to look at however. The level of personality is unparalleled.

I agree, it's cool to see great animations like Flair's cheap shot or eye rake, the shining wizard etc., but then outta nowhere you get these pre-historic looking, stiff and poorly animated Smackdown 1 moves and it hurts the overall smoothness. They've had 3 PS2 games already, so by now they should've smoothened out or completely reanimated the old Smackdown 1 & 2 animations to fit into the current look of the game.

That's what I loved about the AKI games, their move and animation library, always grew and improved and after 7 years still looks great. Moves had impact, and looked smooth. The character models were not the best, but the way the wrestlers moved, and attacked looked great, almost as if the attacks really had weight and impact behind them.

theyve got that damn sheen gloss mapping crap from the gc version
it doesnt look present in gameplay but in cutscene (look at the hbk fighting pics)

Guzim

I can't wait to play this game! I really hope the beta testing goes well and there is online. It'd be cool to have a GAF WWE tournament :)

TheRob

ZombieSupaStar said:
theyve got that damn sheen gloss mapping crap from the gc version
it doesnt look present in gameplay but in cutscene (look at the hbk fighting pics)

Where the hell have you been? They even had that in Here Comes The Pain. It looks the same anyway so I don't see why you're complaining about it now.

TheRob said:
Where the hell have you been? They even had that in Here Comes The Pain. It looks the same anyway so I don't see why you're complaining about it now.

ive been in your ass, and I wasn't complaining.

TheRob

ZombieSupaStar said:
ive been in your ass, and I wasn't complaining.

Riggghhhttttt....that makes sense how? Anyway, it sounded like you were complaining to me, but maybe it's just me. Also, to clear things up what I said wasn't supposed to actually sound offensive or anything, it was more of a surprise response. I mean in all the time that Here Comes The Pain has been out you haven't notice the shine? Oh well, doesn't really matter anyway.

Sho Nuff

Banned
It's weird, the game kinda alternates between looking pretty good and looking like butthole.

If only the motion and gameplay weren't so garbage. (Sigh)

Top Bottom