• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Survivor Series 2016 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

20161115_SurvivorSeries_TuneIn_tonight--144d0b03a5c782bdad40287bd2b1cfb5.jpg

CxRWS95UcAAvUSP.jpg:small

Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar

CxQ4B7ZUQAADuPK.jpg:large

5-on-5 Elimination Match: Team Raw (Kevin Owens, Chris Jericho, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, and Braun Strowman) vs. Team SmackDown (AJ Styles, Dean Ambrose, Randy Orton, Bray Wyatt, and Shane McMahon)

CxQ5eCVVQAAYdCG.jpg:large

5-on-5 Elimination Match: Team Raw (Charlotte, Sasha Banks, Bayley, Nia Jax, and Alicia Fox) vs. Team SmackDown (Becky Lynch, Nikki Bella, Alexa Bliss, Carmella, and Naomi w/ Natalya as team coach)

CxWNOzKUUAAWitt.jpg:small

The Miz vs. Sami Zayn for the WWE Intercontinental Championship (if Zayn wins, the IC Title goes to Raw)

CxRf55fVQAEOki5.jpg:small

Tag-Team Elimination Match: Team Raw (Enzo & Cass, Cesaro & Sheamus, Shining Stars, The Club, and New Day) vs. Team SmackDown (Heath Slater and Rhyno, American Alpha, Breezango, Hype Bros, and The Usos)

CxRRNOnUsAQM8_N.jpg:small

Brian Kendrick vs. Kalisto for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship (if Kalisto wins, the entire Cruiserweight division comes to SmackDown)

CxvOk55UkAAtl2c.jpg:small

Pre-Show match: Kane vs. Luke Harper

CxvOw49VEAAXybD.jpg:small

Pre-Show match: TJ Perkins, Rich Swann, and Noam Dar vs. Tony Nese, Drew Gulak, and Ariya Daivari

Horseress

There will be a 2 hours pre-show. There's probably at least 2 kick off matches not announced yet

Anyway, I'm kinda excited...hoping for tons of unexpected fuckery

Kusagari

I haven't been watching Raw or SD the past couple weeks, are there zero stakes when it comes to the main 5vs5 match?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Doesn't seem like it needs to be a 4-hour show. The SS matches must be really long, I guess.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't been watching Raw or SD the past couple weeks, are there zero stakes when it comes to the main 5vs5 match?

Stephanie vaguely threatened to fire the Raw team if they lose. Undertaker said he'd kick the Smackdown team's asses if they lose.

So basically no stakes, yeah.

Miz vs Sami should be great

Goldberg vs Lesner should be at least interesting - even if it turns into a clusterfuck

Importantly there is a "big angle" supposed to kick of tonight - so that should be interesting.

The best match(s) of the weekend already happened... so it is hard to get too excited for this though.

There's still a chance Samoa Joe shows up to fix all of this, right? Right? :(

Comes in during the Survivor Series match, pins all remaining competitors. A third brand is established, Wednesday Night Joey, where he beats the shit out of competitors drawn out of a hat.

That might be my dumbest ever GAF post.

These are the current odds from UK bookmakers. The following are all favourites to win right now.

Sami
Kalisto
Lesnar
Team RAW Men
Team RAW Tag
Team RAW Women

Comes in during the Survivor Series match, pins all remaining competitors. A third brand is established, Wednesday Night Joey, where he beats the shit out of competitors drawn out of a hat.

That might be my dumbest ever GAF post.

I'm holding a secret hope that Joe somehow replaces Shane on Team Smackdown. But that probably isn't going to happen.

It would be cool though. :(

Horseress

I'm holding a secret hope that Joe somehow replaces Shane on Team Smackdown. But that probably isn't going to happen.

It would be cool though. :(

If he had lost yesterday, maybe. But now it's impossible. Nakamura showing up would be more possible, but still not happening

The Ummah

Banned
My only toss-up at the moment is if Lesnar wins clean or some shenanigans occur...with Lesnar and Heyman beating the dog shit out of Goldberg for an uninterrupted 15 minutes while Goldberg's music plays on loop.

god that tag match is gonna be the biggest cluster fuck, not even going to be able to see the ring without a high angle camera

and that main event oh boy i just know that's gonna be so boring

Why is Shane in the card? Why not another wrestler?

this as well, is cena busy or something?

Why is Shane in the card? Why not another wrestler?

Because WWE are reportedly building to Brock vs Shane at Mania 33, so they got to make him look good when they can.

...I still hope beyond hope that will not happen. Shane signing Joe or Nakamura to fight for him make infinitely more sense.

Rutti

Because the McMahon's been taking spots away from the other wrestlers fo-fo-fo-fo-fo life.
The team needed another face and on Smackdown that meant Apollo Crews, Jack Swagger, or Shane. No way a McMahon doesn't win that contest.

Sure but why is he even wrest...
Because WWE are reportedly building to Brock vs Shane at Mania 33, so they got to make him look good when they can.

...I still hope beyond hope that will not happen. Shane signing Joe or Nakamura to fight for him make infinitely more sense.

...oh. Well that sounds awful.

ReiGun

Predictions

The Brian Kendrick(c) v Kallisto: With "205 Live" happening on Tuesdays following Smackdown, it makes sense to move the Crusierweights over to SD. Granted, it does hurt the belt to move it to Kallisto when Kendrick just go it - especially since he'll probably just get it right back on Tuesday - but eh.

Sami Zayn v The Miz(c): This one feels like a longshot since I can totally see them moving the IC title to Raw since the CW's are going to Smackdown. Even if that would leave the guys on Smackdown who are over 205 lbs with nothing to fight for. Either way, I'm hoping Miz retains and Sami goes to Smackdown to continue the feud.

Raw Women v Smackdown Women: Smackdown's women's division needs the win more, but they have been protecting Raw's women so hard.
Sole Survivor for Raw: Bayley
Sole Survivor for SD: Becky Lynch

Raw Tags v SD Tags: Another case where Smackdown's division needs the win more and I feel like they'll be okay giving them this one. Especially when American Alpha is on Team SD, and they really want those boys to get over.
Sole Survivor for Raw: The New Day
Sole Survivor for SD: American Alpha

Raw Men v SD Men: This is actually the opposite case where I feel like Team Raw needs the win more right now. The main event scene on Raw has been a mess for a while, whereas Smackdown's team all feel like legit stars.
Sole Survivor for Raw: Roman Reigns
Sole Survivor for SD: Dean Ambrose

Goldberg v Brock Lesnar: Brock's gonna get his win back. Yawn.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
So pumped Miz got into Survivor Series. Need to figure out what I'm going eat while I'm watching this.

I feel like Goldberg/Lesnar is going to be a overtheatrical gimmciked up overbooked mess. At best it will be a fun mess.

Stuff like ring breaks. Breaking the ropes, ripping the ringpost from it foundations. Basically all the stuff that looks amazing, but does not include heavy bumps for Goldberg.

Who would willingly give money to watch that?

Shane/taker is responsible for the last wrestlemania being the biggest wwf gate ever.

I think vince forgets that it was shanes return match though. He's still popular, but the interest will be nowhere near the same level.

Horseress

It'll be an ok match. I hope there's tons of fuckery, like Bischoff running on to save Goldberg, Vince clotheslining Bischoff and giving Brock the victory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom