• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE To Use Their Footage on the Web

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

Well, it seems like the WWE is getting smart with all the footage they acquired of WCW, ECW and of course old WWE/WWF/WWFE programming.

In an effort to utilize their very full video library, the WWE is now offering a new "jukebox" feature on WWE.com. For $3.95 a month, fans can watch a different selection of matches from the WWE, WCW, and ECW online, with the matches changing from month to month. Fans can also download individual matches for $1.49. For more information, go to http://www.wwe.com/ppv/jukebox/august/. Here is a listing of the matches that the WWE is offering for the month of August:

-Extreme Championship Wrestling Tag Team Championship: Balls Mahony & Spike Dudley (Champions) vs. The Dudley Boyz from 8/26/99

-Extreme Championship Wrestling Television Championship: Rhyno (Champion) vs. Rob Van Dam from 8/18/00

-Extreme Championship Wrestling Tag Team Championship: The Public Enemy (Champions) vs. Cactus Jack & Mikey Whipwreck from 8/27/94

-#1 Contenders Match for the Intercontinental Championship: Rob Van Dam vs. Jeff Hardy from 8/12/02

-"The Next Big Thing" Brock Lesnar vs. "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan from 8/8/02

-#1 Contenders Match for the World Wrestling Entertainment Championship: The Undertaker vs. "The Next Big Thing" Brock Lesnar vs. The Big Show from 8/28/03

-World Wrestling Entertainment Championship: "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels vs. Yokozuna from 8/19/96

-The Undertaker & Mankind vs. "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels & Triple H (with Chyna) from 8/18/97

-"The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels vs. Mankind from 8/11/97

-WCW United States Championship: "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair (Champion) vs. Eddie Guerrero from 1996

-WCW Championship: "The Total Package" Lex Luger (Champion) vs. "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan from Road Wild 1997

-WCW United States Championship Lance Storm (Champion) vs. Mike Awesome

-Goldberg vs. Rick Steiner from Road Wild 1999

-Diamond Dallas Page & Jay Leno (with Kevin Eubanks) vs. "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan & Eric Bischoff from Road Wild 1998

-WCW Television Championship: Stevie Ray (Champion) vs. "Lionheart" Chris Jericho from 8/10/98

-Sting & "Big Sexy Kevin Nash vs. The Steiner Brothers from Nitro, 8/7/00

-Sting & The Cat vs. The Great Muta & Vampiro from 8/9/00

-WCW Championship: Sting (Champion) vs. "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan from Nitro, 8/23/99

-"The Total Package" Lex Luger vs. "Lord" Steven Regal from WCW Saturday Night, 8/31/96

-Andre the Giant vs. Hulk Hogan from 8/9/80

-Hunter Hearst Helmsley vs. Jeff Hardy from RAW, 8/14/95

Some pretty good and rare matches, and of course it gets better.

If you order the webcast for the 2004 edition of Summerslam on August 15th over on WWE.com, you will also recieve the following bonus matches which will be available to download:

-The Mega Powers (Hulk Hogan & "Macho Man" Randy Savage, w/Miss Elizabeth) vs. "The Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase & Andre the Giant from the first Summerslam in 1988.

-Intercontinental Championship: Mr. Perfect (Champion) vs. Bret "Hitman" Hart from Summerslam 1991

-The Undertaker (with Paul Bearer) vs. The Fake Undertaker (with "The Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase) from Summerslam 1994

-Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match: "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels (Champion) vs. Razor Ramon from Summerslam 1995

-Steel Cage Match: Triple H (with Chyna) vs. Mankind from Summerslam 1997

-World Wrestling Entertainment Undisputed Championship: The Rock (Champion) vs. "The Next Big Thing" Brock Lesnar from Summerslam 2002

-World Heavyweight Championship Elimination Chamber Match: Triple H (Champion, with "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair vs. "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels vs. "Big Sexy" Kevin Nash vs. "Y2J" Chris Jericho vs. "The Legend Killer" Randy Orton vs. Goldberg from Summerslam 2003

-The entire Summerslam 1992 PPV event from Wembley Stadium in England, which features the following matches:

World Wrestling Entertainment Championship: "The Macho Man" Randy Savage (Champion) vs. The Ultimate Warrior

Intercontinental Championship: Bret "Hitman" Hart vs. The British Bulldog

The Legion of Doom (with Paul Ellering & Rocco) vs. Money Inc. (with "The Mouth of the South" Jimmy Hart)

Virgil vs. Nailz

"The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels vs. "The Model" Rick Martel

World Wrestling Entertainment Tag Team Championship: The Natural Disasters (Champions) vs. The Beverly Brothers (with The Genius)

Crush vs. Repo Man

The Undertaker (with Paul Bearer) vs. Kamala (with Harvey Whippleman & Kim Chee)

It gives a lot of reason to buy the webcast of the SummerSlam

DMczaf

DDP & Jay Leno vs. Hogan & Bischoff
Road Wild 1998 | Approx. run time: 16min.
Jay Leno wrestling? That’s right, the new king of late night television teamed up with Diamond Dallas Page in August of 1998 to battle Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff. Can Leno actually wrestle? Find out for yourself.

YES!!!! YES!

bjork

NAILZ

Hell yeah.

What's the quality like? Is it all crappy so 56k people can get in on it too without waiting all year for a download? Also, can you not save it to your computer?

Nester

$3.95 a month to be able to watch any of those matches when you want to, and it changes on a monthly basis? I'll buy it. Not a bad deal at all.

As far as stream speed goes, I ordered a PPV awhile back and streamed it on my Cable connection. They offer a variety of connection speeds, up to a 300k stream. When I got the PPV I outputted it to my TV with a TV out card, and I think I had two times in 3 hours where the connection lagged for a second. It basically looked like I had ordered it off of cable, very impressed.

About damn time they put their library to use.

Weren't they trying to do an all wrestling channel at one point? Lord knows they have more than enough material.

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
That is actually a cool deal.. I hope people download these and Bitttorrent them

Bog

Junior Ace
I paid for the one month thing ($4) and it's great. I had forgotten how funny that Storm/Awesome match was.

Penguin

Bog said:
I paid for the one month thing ($4) and it's great. I had forgotten how funny that Storm/Awesome match was.

Ok do you stream the matych or can you download em?

And are you allowed to pick any match you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom