• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X-Box Live Question

TAYREL713

I was wondering when I buy the starter kit (which comes with a year of live if I am not mistaken) would I need a credit card. I don't have a credit or debit card but would still like to get Live when I cop my X-Box in a couple of weeks. What payment options are available to those of us with lousy credit?

BuddyC

I'm pretty sure it requires a credit card number. You can buy new subscription cards so your CC doesn't get charged, but CC is the only way to pay for downloadable content. So even though you may never use it for XBL apart from the one time fee, you'll still need a credit card.

edit - yup, I was right. From Xbox.com...

Credit Card

You will need a standard Visa, MasterCard, or American Express card, or a debit card branded with a Visa or MasterCard logo. Yes, you already paid for the first 12 months of service when you bought your Starter Kit, but your account must be linked to a valid credit card. Your card will not be charged for any additional charges without your explicit consent for the duration of the 12 months of service.

jedimike

I imagine you could use a card from websites like webcertificates.com where they issue you a credit card number for a small fee. Paypal debit cards should also work.

SyNapSe

Of note:

If you do get a one-time use CC, or a CC that you don't really want and then cancel it as soon as getting approved. MAKE SURE TO RIGHT DOWN THE NUMBER.

It's the only way they will allow you to do ANYTHING with your XBL account.. Even if you just want to renew and pay more. :(

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
jedimike said:
I imagine you could use a card from websites like webcertificates.com where they issue you a credit card number for a small fee. Paypal debit cards should also work.

Nope, won't work
Same goes for any prepaid card other then Paypal.

Top Bottom