• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBN reviews (Sept-04 issue)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Madden NFL 2005 - 9
ESPN NFL 2K5 - 9
Magatama - 4
Puyo Pop Fever - 7
Showdown: Legends of Wrestling - 3
Powerdrome - 4
Sudeki - 6
Spiderman 2 - 7
Catwoman - 2
Guilty Gear X2 Reload - 9 (GOTM)

nitewulf

wait wait, sudeki got a 6, megatama got a 4 (it sucked from all accounts) and ggx2 got a 9 and GOTM? an Xbox magazine that can actually be trusted?? what is going on!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Fleming said:
Why is Magatama reviewed?Someone is publishing it in US?

It is part of their import reviews section, so probably not

nitewulf said:
wait wait, sudeki got a 6, megatama got a 4 (it sucked from all accounts) and ggx2 got a 9 and GOTM? an Xbox magazine that can actually be trusted?? what is going on!

I stil say XBN is one of the best mags out there, and this is coming from someone who doesn't own a Xbox!

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Redbeard said:
There was supposed to be a feature on the game from Wideload in this issue. Will it be in next issue?

Wideload's feature didn't happen because their game wasn't ready. In fact, showing it off now only hurts their public image, I think. Better they wait.

----

http://chespace.1up.com

novery

Fleming said:
Why is Magatama reviewed?Someone is publishing it in US?

Wario64 is right. Magatama was reviewed as an import.

I had the dubious honor of reviewing it. Hopefully the 4/10 score will help silence those who bitch about Microsoft not releasing it overseas. Trust me, you don't want this game.

-rp

u_neek

novery said:
Wario64 is right. Magatama was reviewed as an import.

I had the dubious honor of reviewing it. Hopefully the 4/10 score will help silence those who bitch about Microsoft not releasing it overseas. Trust me, you don't want this game.

-rp

A bit late maybe... wasn't it released last year?

jedimike

Got the issue yesterday... where's the Fable impressions? I know you guys played it quite some time ago.

edit: awesome blog che... I check it 2 or 3 times a week.

Syckx

jedimike said:
Got the issue yesterday... where's the Fable impressions? I know you guys played it quite some time ago.

edit: awesome blog che... I check it 2 or 3 times a week.

Are there at least some Kingdom Under Fire impressions?

MC Safety

novery said:
Yeah, in November I think. We're doing more import reviews now, so we're playing a little bit of catch up.

-rp
http://novery.1up.com

Import reviews don't have to be timely. That said, I think readers will look forward to Ryan Payton's exclusive (sort-of) review for Phantom Dust in next month's Xbox Nation.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Disco Stu said:
Import reviews don't have to be timely. That said, I think readers will look forward to Ryan Payton's exclusive (sort-of) review for Phantom Dust in next month's Xbox Nation.

Does that mean its good? :)

I get XBN for free, and it's pure shit. Doesn't cover enough games, not enough info per magazine. Bullshit reviews. I give my copies away as soon as I read them.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Wario64 said:
I stil say XBN is one of the best mags out there, and this is coming from someone who doesn't own a Xbox!
Yep. If only XBN had the demo disc, I'd never have to bother with that "official" magazine ever again. Blech.

skip

BlackClouds said:
I get XBN for free, and it's pure shit. Doesn't cover enough games, not enough info per magazine. Bullshit reviews. I give my copies away as soon as I read them.

are you sure it was XBN? are you sure it wasn't...nothing?

Top Bottom