• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Holiday Bundle confirmed?

PhatSaqs

Banned
http://www.majornelson.com/blog/blog.html

Holiday Shoppers to Score Xbox Console, Two Premium Games and Xbox Live Trial for $149.99!

Microsoft today unveiled a special holiday offer that will provide gift-givers, sports fans and gamers of all ages an unparalleled experience. Beginning October 31 at retail stores nationwide, consumers can purchase the Xbox® video game console, two full premium sports games and a two-month trial subscription to Xbox™ Live™ for just $149.99.

The specially priced holiday package offers an amazing value to consumers who are looking to spread the holiday love by giving family and friends a full Xbox game experience out of the box with full versions of "NCAA® Football 2005" from the powerhouse EA SPORTS™ brand and "Top Spin" featuring tennis star Anna Kournikova by Microsoft Game Studios, both playable on Xbox Live, and the two-month trial subscription to the highly-acclaimed Xbox Live service. The fully loaded console comes equipped with a built-in Ethernet port, enabling online gameplay.

"This is the most exciting holiday season yet for video gamers and Xbox fans," says Mitch Koch, vice president, worldwide retail sales and marketing for Microsoft's home & entertainment division. "Not only are we offering a tremendous value to gamers with the holiday offer, but Xbox has the most expansive and entertaining library of games this season on any platform, with titles like 'Halo 2,' 'Fable,' and 'MechAssault 2' from MGS, 'Need for Speed™ Underground 2' from EA, and 'Dead or Alive Ultimate' from Tecmo."

Xbox is making a 100-yard dash to the top of holiday must-have lists, with the fastest growing market share of any video game console and its strongest games line-up ever. More than 450 games will be available on Xbox this holiday season, including the critically acclaimed "Fable" and the most-anticipated game of the year on any platform, "Halo 2," both by Microsoft Game Studios. Parents will also be thrilled about the incredible value of the new games for the Xbox Platinum Hits collection, each available for only $19.99 at retail, and the fact that Xbox is the only console with built-in parental controls. Several new titles in the collection include "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" from Konami, "The Simpsons: Hit and Run" from Vivendi Universal Games, "Project Gotham Racing 2" from MGS, and "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 Black Arrow" from Ubisoft.

Solid

I'm buying myself a Crystal Xbox on the 23rd this month. I sold my old Xbox to my little brother :p Can't wait to touch the sweet thing!

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
Now all Microsoft has to do is release the crystal Xbox as a limited edition unit for 149.99 and things will be great this holiday season for them. IMO, the Xbox is going to be one of the hottest things this Christmas.

Code_Link said:
Yep, just like Blinx. Don't know why though...

in truth MS is smart about their titles going platinum sooner; the consumer will see the box and think a) value b) quality.. how this is so, however is a mystery

but about 80% of their titles are not even qualified to go Platinum. Unlike PS2 or GC

Renegade

Banned
The sports bundle is fine. It'll bring in casuals. I doubt it'll bring in multiconsole owners though, and those are the people MS need to attract with their bundles. There were so many other, optimal games to include in a bundle. It confounds me as to WHY they've chosen those two games. Madden would have been a superior title to include, but I doubt EA would have given the go-ahead. Top Spin is a modern day classic, IMO. However, tennis games don't usually sell very well. I can definitely see why they made the game a part of the bundle though. It's SCWEEET :D and personifies every strength of the Xbox.

I think MS has chosen bundles based upon the type of gamer they want to attract. The first bundle you could call a ->Hardcore Bundle<-. Two Sega games. The second one was a ->Geek/Live Bundle<- Star Wars and GrandMaster Tetris. This one will be a ->Casual/Wide Appeal<- bundle. Football and Tennis. I like the strategy, but it, IMO has some flaws. And why does MS continue to stiff us over on the Crystal/Kasumi Blue Xbox bundles? Those two would, I feel, have much greater gravity on sales than what they're doing now. However, there is some consideration about how they would keep up stock and the cost of making a Kasumi Blue/Crystal Xbox on a huge US market.

MS is in a tough spot, but they could improve their position if they were a bit more aggressive. Bundles or not. They've, IMO, been very soft on allowing games to slip through their fingers and on game sales.

Top Bottom