• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox is ending the Xbox Ambassador Program

Fahdis

I'm too lazy to switch pics.
fSnBrND.jpeg

KINGMOKU

Shame there isn't a button in the settings you could just toggle.
Sad Are You Afraid Of The Dark GIF by NickRewind

I get your point, but you whining about something that is completely in your control speak volumes on how much you know about the console you are using.
Some games even give you the option to turn it off in the menus.
Are you sure? You want a fight sparky?

Do me a favor, fire up COD, and warzone, turn off the cross platform settings in said settings, and let me know next week when you get a game. (Not to mention the annoying pop ups)

Microsoft did this on purpose, because the "brand" is now not a console, but an "idea". They have a vested interest in forcing console players to play with PC players. They could have, right in the games menus, put an option, just like on the PS. They did not.

I don't care if some other games allow you to do it or not. All games should have that option, as it's the reason I bought a console, to play with other console owners. If some people want to get shot through 5 buildings from some PC asshat flying around in the sky, cool. Not me.

DaGwaphics

I had signed up, but there never seemed to be all that much going on and discord kept giving me grief. 🤷‍♂️

Bad news for the members that were invested in the community I guess.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
What even is this thing ?
Astroturfing, only out in the open. Several era mods are MVPs from the ambassador program. You get free shit. Get flown out to MS fan events. Get rewarded for shitting up forums, twitter and discord. Mostly with some vouchers and other freebies.

This will make forums and twitter a better place since xbox wont be bribing these cunts anymore.

Last edited:

Nydius

Astroturfing, only out in the open. Several era mods are MVPs from the ambassador program. You get free shit. Get flown out to MS fan events. Get rewarded for shitting up forums, twitter and discord. Mostly with some vouchers and other freebies.

The vast, vast majority of people in the Ambassador program got exactly NONE of that. People who type shit like that only prove they have no fucking clue what they're talking about and are trying to score console warz points.

I had to google, "does he know" as I had no idea what that was a reference to lol. I guess I just don't understand why this is major news or a big deal. 99% of this thread consists of people who live and breathe on the hopes that xbox will die and also can't wait to dance on xbox's grave (it's their wet dream of dreams). And so here we are - they're acting like xbox fans are on suicide watch over the dumbest of news, yet unsurprisingly they're are also the only ones even talking about it.

BlackTron

I had to google, "does he know" as I had no idea what that was a reference to lol. I guess I just don't understand why this is major news or a big deal. 99% of this thread consists of people who live and breathe on the hopes that xbox will die and also can't wait to dance on xbox's grave (it's their wet dream of dreams). And so here we are - they're acting like xbox fans are on suicide watch over the dumbest of news, yet unsurprisingly they're are also the only ones even talking about it.

It was just a snarky way of saying you've known them the whole time on this board.

The vast, vast majority of people in the Ambassador program got exactly NONE of that.

How do you know this and do you have any proof? I'm not doubting you but we have two people with completely different claims so might as well just bust out the proof\sources and find out who's lying.

GHG

Gold Member
When you read the blog. It really is a program of clever manipulation.

Look at this:
  • To honor the principles and sentiment of the Xbox Ambassador Pledge, we have launched the Xbox Community Pledge,
Then there's the bit about Xbox Ambassador Champions. Its all like some kind of medieval fantasy world. Cult like mentality for sure.

You're not kidding.

UrzP3pU.jpeg

Firstly it reads and is formatted like a psalm. Secondly, "join us to live the pledge"?

Tom Delonge Wtf GIF by Justin

GHG

Gold Member
Everybody repeat after me:

Be inclusive and welcoming to all players

Promote a safe environment on Xbox that everyone can enjoy

Celebrate the uniqueness of everyone in the gaming community

Advocate for responsible and accessible gaming

Positively represent the Xbox Ambassadors community online

And, above all else: Make gaming fun for everyone

Every day I shall live this pledge

48mUytU.jpeg

Last edited:

Astray

This is basically a complete defeat of the astroturfing MS has been doing since who knows when. Shills are malding over the loss of their freebies.

laynelane

Everybody repeat after me:

Be inclusive and welcoming to all players

Promote a safe environment on Xbox that everyone can enjoy

Celebrate the uniqueness of everyone in the gaming community

Advocate for responsible and accessible gaming

Positively represent the Xbox Ambassadors community online

And, above all else: Make gaming fun for everyone

Every day I shall live this pledge

48mUytU.jpeg

Aww, do we have to?

:messenger_grinning_smiling: