• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox is ending the Xbox Ambassador Program

CLW

Poor Colt

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

Three

People who know MS history knows that when the shill programs are ending, that means it's over. They just haven't announced it yet
I think people are reading that wrong. It's over because in 2024 and 2025 some European countries (spain and france) and US states are making it illegal for influencers to advertise things on the downlow. Now they might need written contracts for free stuff and opinions bought for money. The timing of this Ambassador program ending is no coincidence. The rats would have started getting exposed.

Recently there has been a crackdown on this practice and I assume it won't be long until there is a unified European law.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
I don't mean the fact that Microsoft has astroturfers, everyone knows that. I mean has anyone seen an example where all the marketing goes dark and then they pull the plug

That's probably true for a lot of floundering products. I wouldn't read too much into in this particular situation even if I don't personally believe the Xbox brand is long for this world.

I don't mean the fact that Microsoft has astroturfers, everyone knows that. I mean has anyone seen an example where all the marketing goes dark and then they pull the plug
I just gave you that example

It happened in 2006

Very long story but 2006 was before social media and internet forums were a lot more important than they are now. There was one called AVS Forum that a lot of people into home theater shit went to. MS astroturfed it very heavily, even had one of their corporate VP's there posting and shilling for HD DVD. In the end HD DVD lost and suddenly all the shill accounts went silent one day and the MS VP vanished. The End

XXL

What even is this thing ?
With a month of Gamepass, you can play :
A Plague Tale
Alien Isolation
Code Vein
Darkest Dungeon
Dead Cells
Doom
Dragon Ball FighterZ
Dragon Quest XI
FF X
FF XII
FF XIII
FF XIII-2
Halo Infinite
Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth
Lonely Mountain Downhill
Myst
New Super Lucky Tale
Nier Automata
Octopath Traveler
Scarlet Nexus
Streets of Rage 4
Subnautica
The Forgotten City
Xeno Crisis
All Yakuza games

And that's simply a quick list of games that got my interest. Don't let the opportunity to play a gem like The Forgotten City pass.
You don't have to play only exclusive games to enjoy something. Do you still know how to enjoy a game ?

Xbox also has Phantasy Star Online 2 and New Genesis (free to play)

Want direct sales ? Make a better game maybe ? I bought several games after discovering them on Game Pass, so this situation also exists and leads to sales that would have not happened without the service.

This is wrong to begin with. And this a minority as 85% of the revenue comes the rest, so people buying games.

Cannibalizes ? Come on. They said that there was a decline in sales twelve months after a game was put in Game Pass. This is, again, a small fact being turned into something huge in order to mislead people.

This narrative of Xbox players not buying games is utterly ridiculous.

Xbox players also buy games physically or digitally, like every other players in the world you know. Might come as a surprise for some of you.

But I agree that Larian could put the game in Game Pass for free (for MS) to apologize for their poor work at porting the game to Xbox.
It means
Kids In The Hall Comedy GIF by CBC

Best of luck on your new endeavors.

Try to at least get a reference....
Cracking Up Lol GIF

Last edited:

Pantz

I think? I joined them.
They used to send me surveys and no matter the topic I would ask them to make games with jiggle physics.
They stopped sending me surveys after a while.

Sooner

Did Microsoft finally realize that all these middle-aged fanboys promoting their product only makes people want to dissociate with it?

Are you sure? You want a fight sparky?

Do me a favor, fire up COD, and warzone, turn off the cross platform settings in said settings, and let me know next week when you get a game. (Not to mention the annoying pop ups)

Microsoft did this on purpose, because the "brand" is now not a console, but an "idea". They have a vested interest in forcing console players to play with PC players. They could have, right in the games menus, put an option, just like on the PS. They did not.

I don't care if some other games allow you to do it or not. All games should have that option, as it's the reason I bought a console, to play with other console owners. If some people want to get shot through 5 buildings from some PC asshat flying around in the sky, cool. Not me.
I just booted warzone and a regular cod lobby with all my cross-play settings off.
Didnt have any issues. What region are you playing in? My warzone lobby took like 30s more in matchmaking but i loaded into a game just fine. Same with MW3 Mp?

i get your complaints about pc cheaters and what not, but the option menu's are identical for COD are they not?-

I dont get the your praise for playstation here? you have to turn of cross-play on a game by game basis vs just turning off crossplay for all titles on your xbox in general? how is the xbox one not exactly what you are looking for?

Top Bottom