• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox is one smoking console.

Mrbob

Home to the worlds best online gaming service: Xbox Live!

Home to the best new series this gen: Halo

Home to the best action game this gen: Ninja Gaiden

Home to the best fighting game this gen: DoA:U

Home to one of the best RPGs this gen: KOTOR

Home to one of the best platformers this gen: Blinx! *Blinx 2: Still Sucking at an Xbox near you soon!*

Home to some awesome racers: PGR2 and RSC2

It's amazing how Xbox has become THE platform of choice for me this generation! :D PS2 comes in a close 2nd! XBOX!!!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
even rox more when you have it modded using Xbox Media Center. Just connect the ethernet cable and stream your media files to the Xbox

Mrbob said:

Home to the best fighting gamethis gen: DoA:U

Home to one of the best platformers this gen: Blinx! *Blinx 2: Still Sucking at an Xbox near you soon!*

It's amazing how Xbox has become THE platform of choice for me this generation! :D PS2 comes in a close 2nd! XBOX!!!

Well that is subjective.

Mrbob

MrAngryFace said:
Tonights Live! experience makes XDude > PS2

Yes! PS2 online is a joke! They need to get a centralized service up STAT next gen!

BTW I think Xbox has more Japan exclusive games than Gamecube even though their console sells like shit in Japan!

Speevy

Banned
Blinx sucks. Horrible, horrible game. Otherwise, yeah you're right. The Xbox is an outstanding console.

Speevy

Banned
Mrbob said:
BTW I think Xbox has more Japan exclusive games than Gamecube even though their console sells like shit in Japan!

That's because Smilebit thought it was important to use Xbox-unique console graphics before Sega itself went spiraling down toward where it is today.

M3wThr33

Banned
I like how it goes from worlds best to best to one of the best to some awesome.

And Halo is hardly a series. One title and a sequel that changed less than RCT1 to RCT2? Please.

Gattsu25

Banned
Mrbob said:
Home to the worlds best online gaming service: Battle.net

Home to the best new series this gen: ICO / Wanda / Otogi / etc.

Home to the best fighting game this gen: VF4: Evo

Home to one of the best RPGs this gen: [Neverwinter Nights + Exp#1 + Exp#2 + CP]/[Countless others on numerous platforms]

Home to one of the best platformers this gen: Klonoa 2, Super Mario Sunshine, Jak, R&C

Home to some awesome racers: PGR2, Burnout 3, and GT4

Fixed

M3wThr33

Banned
Speevy said:
I want the console that has ICO, Super Mario Sunshine, and Neverwinter Nights. Sign me up.
It's obviously a modded Xbox that plays PS2 and GameCube discs. They talk about it all the time on GameFaqs and in schoolyards.

Firest0rm

briefcasemanx said:
wow. in 2 years this board has done a complete 180 on it attitude towards xbox.

I wouldn't be surprised when MS has hired AEG to do some inflitrating in forums. ;)

edit: I do know there are some in this forum in particular.

Gattsu25

Banned
category titles such as Home to the worlds best online gaming service bring this into non-console debate, IMHFO :b

many of the choices he presents would only work well if you ignored that any other platforms existed--his categories are broad in a way that doesn't specify any particular platform--and his thread title means jack shit

Andy787

Banned
Home to the worlds best online gaming service: PC!

Home to the best version of Halo: PC!

Home to many more, arguably better action games: PS2!

Home to many more, far better fighters: PS2!

Home to the best version of KOTOR: PC!

Home to many more, far better platformers: PS2!

Home to some awesome racers: Okay, Xbox wins with racers :(

Making arbitrary lists is fun! :D

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
only the best for consoles

The pikmin disagree.

perhaps. VJ and/or Ninja Gaiden could take it.

Home to the best fighting game this gen: DoA:U
Better than Soul Calibur 2 or Smash Bros Melee? Or Street Fighter Anniversary Collection?
True. ONE of the best rpgs. I still think that Disgaea (if you count that as an RPG) is the best, and ToS and Paper Mario 2, IMO, are better than KoToR.

? Well, that's your opinion, I guess.

That is true. Xbox does have awesome racers.

Really, any of the three consoles could be or couldn't be the console of choice for an individual. It all depends on their gaming preferences, and which specific games on each console happen to appeal to them the most. This generation, everyone wins.

Yeah.

*goes eat some ice cream*

ManaByte

Gold Member
GaimeGuy said:
The pikmin disagree.

Non-niche games disagree.

GaimeGuy said:
Better than Soul Calibur 2 or Smash Bros Melee? Or Street Fighter Anniversary Collection?

Super Smash Bros. Melee is not a fighting game. It's Nintendo fan service.

GaimeGuy said:
True. ONE of the best rpgs. I still think that Disgaea (if you count that as an RPG) is the best, and ToS and Paper Mario 2, IMO, are better than KoToR.

ToS and Paper Mario are better than KOTOR? :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

A by-the-numbers generic RPG story and a simplistic mascot RPG better than one of the best RPGs in the last few years? :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Speevy

Banned
Home of the best communication game? Animal Crossing
Home of the best paper-based RPG? Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Home of the best first person adventure? Metroid Prime
Home of the best futuristic racer? F-Zero GX
Home of the best version of Skies of Arcadia? Skies of Arcadia Legends
Home of the best bonus platforming levels? Super Mario Sunshine
Home of the best Phantasy Star Online-based online service? Gamecube online
Most comfortable controller? Gamecube controller
Most reliable hardware? Gamecube hardware
Smallest disks? Gamecube
Best connectivity? Gamecube connectivity
Best bongo game? Donkey Konga
Most Resident Evil games? Gamecube Resident Evil games
Best cel-shaded action/adventure game? Zelda: Wind Waker
Best console puzzle/RTS? Pikmin 2
Weirdest game ever? Cubivore

Gamecube wins. :p *

*joking dark10x, just for clarification

Mrbob

Speevy said:
Home of the best communication game? Animal Crossing
Home of the best paper-based RPG? Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Home of the best first person adventure? Metroid Prime
Home of the best futuristic racer? F-Zero GX
Home of the best version of Skies of Arcadia? Skies of Arcadia Legends
Home of the best bonus platforming levels? Super Mario Sunshine
Home of the best Phantasy Star Online-based online service? Gamecube online
Home of the best lock on split screen multiplayer action in town! Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Most comfortable controller? Gamecube controller
Most reliable hardware? Gamecube hardware
Smallest disks? Gamecube
Best connectivity? Gamecube connectivity
Best bongo game? Donkey Konga
Most Resident Evil games? Gamecube Resident Evil games
Best cel-shaded action/adventure game? Zelda: Wind Waker
Best console puzzle/RTS? Pikmin 2
Weirdest game ever? Cubivore

Gamecube wins. :p *

*joking dark10x, just for clarification

I FIXED THIS FOR YOU!

GaimeGuy

ManaByte said:
Non-niche games disagree.
casual appeal determines quality? I simply have had more fun with Pikmin and Pikmin 2 than I have with Halo and Halo 2 (I played it at my friend's).

Super Smash Bros. Melee is not a fighting game. It's Nintendo fan service.

ToS and Paper Mario are better than KOTOR? :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

A by-the-numbers generic RPG story and a simplistic mascot RPG better than one of the best RPGs in the last few years? :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I had more fun with ToS and Paper Mario 2 than I did with KotoR. That's all that matters. I'm not saying KotoR is bad. It isn't. It's a great game. I just think ToS and PM2 are better.

Speevy

Banned
I completed KOTOR 6 times, each time with over 30 hours.

It is indeed much better than Paper Mario, but PM is awesome. And KOTOR doesn't have Bobbery or Rawk Hawk.

SantaC

Speevy said:
I completed KOTOR 6 times, each time with over 30 hours.

It is indeed much better than Paper Mario, but PM is awesome. And KOTOR doesn't have Bobbery or Rawk Hawk.

I liked the music when you played agains Rawk Hawk.

Paper Mario 2 is at least as good as KOTOR, Bioware's worst RPG in years.

Manabyte mocking a game for being fanservice is hilarious...don't you need to be getting in line for Episode III tickets? It's doubly hilarious when the original game mentioned is DOA.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Firest0rm said:
I wouldn't be surprised when MS has hired AEG to do some inflitrating in forums. ;)

Have they hired the Dumb? Because the viral marketing for that is indigo hot in this thread.

Anyway, the funny thing is that I agree with most of MrBob's post. Xbox is the best racing console, even without GT. Halo is definitely the biggest new series, and even as someone who doesn't care much for console FPS games I have to admit it's pretty good. Ninja Gaiden is fantastic, and Otogi/Otogi 2 are pretty fun as well. KOTOR is "one of" the best RPGs for the current consoles. Blinx is one of the top 50 platformers this gen.

Che

Banned
Firest0rm said:

What? Are you serious or are you kidding? Cause if you're serious I'd love to learn more about this...

Firest0rm

Musashi Wins! said:
Have they hired the Dumb? Because the viral marketing for that is indigo hot in this thread.

They don't "hire", they give "incentives" to people here to post what they tell them to post. Like a free game every now and then straight from MS.

SantaC

Firest0rm said:
They don't "hire", they give "incentives" to people here to post what they tell them to post. Like a free game every now and then straight from MS.

wtf?

Gattsu25

Banned
Catchpenny said:
Paper Mario 2 is at least as good as KOTOR, Bioware's worst RPG in years.

I believe that is a great compliment toward Bioware, as their 'worse RPG in years' is viewed by so many to be a radical change, a shining star in the RPG genre, and one of the best games of the year.

Yet, KOTOR really is one of their least impressive RPG efforts....I'm hoping that Bioware's history of creating AAA role playing games does not end with them seemingly adopting the Xbox as their platform of choice (I fear they are simplifying their games to meet the expectations and limits of the more casual console gamer).

Firest0rm

Che said:
What? Are you serious or are you kidding? Cause if you're serious I'd love to learn more about this...

I'm serious. You can read about it at their website http://www.aeginfo.com/about.html

I do know that they exist here because I got a pm from them asking my to create some "buzz" for CDV's games. There's bound to be others who have been contacted, and I'm sure have accepted the offer.

Mrbob

I'm really looking forward to seeing what Bioware does with Jade Empire!

Also, MS giving people incentives to post postive threads in forums?! Where is my cut MS I should get like 5 free copies of Halo 2 LE for this thread!!!

SantaC

Musashi Wins! said:
Agreed. And once again...the Nintendo people work the hardest for not very much in return.

I work for my own personal opinion if I am allowed to have one. Thank you very much.

Che

Banned
Firest0rm said:
I'm serious. You can read about it at their website http://www.aeginfo.com/about.html

I do know that they exist here because I got a pm from them asking my to create some "buzz" for CDV's games.

Oh shit! This is disgusting! Nice work microsoft... always doing their best to be hated. And to the people who are participating on this you should be ashamed.

GaimeGuy

Prine said:
ToS? :lol

I have never had as much fun playing an RPG this generation as I did with ToS, thanks to the wonderful battle system. That alone makes it my 2nd favorite RPG this generation (next to skies)

Top Bottom