• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox is one smoking console.

Mrbob

Che said:
Oh shit! This is disgusting! Nice work microsoft... always doing their best to be hated. And to the people who are participating on this you should be ashamed.

They're no different than Reggie. Just get paid less.

Che

Banned
Mrbob said:
They're no different than Reggie. Just get paid less.

You must be kidding. Bribing people to hype or change their opinion about a game or console on a forum is no different than what Reggie does? What are you talking about?

Gattsu25

Banned
Firest0rm said:
Reggie posts here? I never knew that... Are you bein serious?

not serious....just trying to point out the large difference between Reggie and these local viral marketers

dorio

Banned
Che said:
You must be kidding. Bribing people to hype or change their opinion about a game or console on a forum is no different than what Reggie does? What are you talking about?
Talk about taking this videogame stuff too serious.

Firest0rm

dorio said:
Talk about taking this videogame stuff too serious.

This is actually bypassing the ToS, by not having them come in and promote their games their turning people on forums into "evangelists" to do it for them. I think it shouldn't be allowed.

Firest0rm said:
This is actually bypassing the ToS, by not having them come in and promote their games their turning people on forums into "evangelists" to do it for them. I think it shouldn't be allowed.

Then 3/4 of the Nintendo fans here should be banned.

Firest0rm

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
Then 3/4 of the Nintendo fans here should be banned.

Their not being bribed to promote their opinions. My point was the evangelists, it was the fact that they were using a middle man to advertise on the forum.

Firest0rm said:
Their not being bribed to promote their opinions. My point was the evangelists, it was the fact that they were using a middle man to advertise on the forum.

Like who exactly? Who here is getting paid? You people are reaching a new plateau of paranoia tonight. Shit balls insane.

Drek

Shit, if any of you guys are getting paid to push a console on this board, PM me on how to get into that racket. That'd be such easy money it'd feel like stealing, and the best money is always stolen money. :D

etiolate

Banned
They're no different than Reggie. Just get laid less.

fixed.

And I don't think any of the MS hired posters are around anymore. For awhile they had guys going to forums just to spew PR. dvdvideo may have been one, I am not sure. They kept changing nicks and no I don't mean lazy8s.

Firest0rm

Like who exactly? Who here is getting paid? You people are reaching a new plateau of paranoia tonight. Shit balls insane.

I said that it shouldn't be allowed, but its almost impossible to stop it. But these people do exist. I could have become one of these guys if I wanted. If I was contacted, there's bound it be others. I'm not saying lets go searching for these guys and ban them, I'm just pointing it out to people that there are people who are promoting MS games or another developers game in exchange for free games.

You said that you know that there are some in this forum. Name names, McCarthy. Let's start this witch hunt.

I call Goody DrGAKMAN to the stand. He's basically the flip side to Lazy8.

Firest0rm

You said that you know that there are some in this forum. Name names, McCarthy. Let's start this witch hunt.

Yea I know there are some! But I don't know who they are. I just saying that their must be others who got the offer.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
I have one major problem with Xbox Live. See I have 2 people in the house that use it but we have to share the same screen name because almost all of Xbox Live games only allow one screen to your account, except for PSO. I wish there was a way to let you have a secondary screen name or a guest screen name without having the them be a 2nd player.

Platformers and Japanese titles are what the system lacks. Maybe next gen they'll make a more complete software lineup and challenge for the crown.

Mrbob said:
Home to the worlds best online gaming service: Xbox Live!

Home to the best new series this gen: Halo

Home to the best action game this gen: Ninja Gaiden

Home to the best fighting game this gen: DoA:U

Home to one of the best RPGs this gen: KOTOR

Home to one of the best platformers this gen: Blinx! *Blinx 2: Still Sucking at an Xbox near you soon!*

Home to some awesome racers: PGR2 and RSC2

It's amazing how Xbox has become THE platform of choice for me this generation! :D PS2 comes in a close 2nd! XBOX!!!

I agree bro! :D

AniHawk

Mrbob said:

Home to the best new series this gen: Ratchet & Clank

Home to one of the best platformers this gen: Blinx! *Blinx 2: Still Sucking at an Xbox near you soon!*

It's amazing how Xbox has become THE platform of choice for me this generation! :D PS2 comes in a close 2nd! XBOX!!!

Wait, Ratchet & Clank isn't ON Xbox.

Oh and shooters: Panzer Dragoon Orta!

cvxfreak

Mrbob said:

Home to the best new series this gen: Halo

Ironic, it's provided the least enjoyment for me this generation.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Xbox has been impressive. There a good number of AAA games. Needs more genre diversity. Xbox Media Center should be part of the retail Xbox Dashboard.

_Angelus_

Banned
No offense to any of you but I wouldn't trust 99% of people's views in this forum anyway.
Anyone here who isn't being payed is an intern so to speak,pimping some company or another, daily.

fossen

Cloudy said:
It's also the best console for sports :D
IAWTP

For some people, a console only goes as far as it's sports gaming. The EA/M$ Live bitchfest and Winning Eleven's PS2 exclusivity were the only things keeping PS2 in the race, and that's gone now.

But - Xbot I am - DoA:U as best fighting game? I can't decide is that's the worst call in the original post, or the Blinx pick. Very close, that is.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
KOTOR is a good game, but there are so many other RPG's I've enjoyed this gen. Without big, confusing cities to get lost in. Without huge amounts of rather pointless side-quests. Without a "save around every corner in case of mortal danger" system. Without a clumsy menu interface. Without bugs.

So still a good game, but not the best IMO.

DrGAKMAN

Banned

I call Goody DrGAKMAN to the stand. He's basically the flip side to Lazy8.

I have a fan!

I'm trying to make sense of why you lumped me into you "witch hunt" list, but I don't see where it is that I'm getting paid to promote Nintendo, nor do I really hype anything. I merely am a fan who occassionaly defends Nintendo (realistically) and post more about crazy speculation & idea's than I do anything else.

Buggy Loop

Wario64 said:
even rox more when you have it modded using Xbox Media Center. Just connect the ethernet cable and stream your media files to the Xbox

But doesnt the modchip interfere with Live? I knew it was safe before if the HDD was locked and the modchip was turned off but recently there's modders who have been banned on live.

I need to know, since i want to play halo 2 live eventually :p

COCKLES

being watched
DrGAKMAN said:
I have a fan!

I'm trying to make sense of why you lumped me into you "witch hunt" list, but I don't see where it is that I'm getting paid to promote Nintendo, nor do I really hype anything. I merely am a fan who occassionaly defends Nintendo (realistically) and post more about crazy speculation & idea's than I do anything else.

BodySnatchers3.JPG

Buggy Loop

Hey cockles, since you have a modded xbox (if i remember correctly) and play on live, care to answer my above question? You're probably closer to the mod community than i've been so you probably know about the issue im talking about. PM me if its not postable :)

Top Bottom