• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox LiVE | April 2015 | No Joke! Ports and Sequels

malfcn

mcHNvny.png

This thread is constantly evolving to have information up to date.
While this thread strives to cover a wide range of info, new threads are welcome.
DEGbdfR.png

All dates are subject to change, US dates listed.

01 | Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolved
01 | RBI Baseball 2015
03 | Stealth Inc. 2: A Game of Clones
07 | Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
10 | Tower of Guns
14 | Mortal Kombat X
17 | We are Doomed
21 | Assassin's Creed: Chronicles
22 | Aaru's Awakening
22 | Infinity Runner
24 | Happy Wars
28 | State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition
29 | Project Root

Downloadable Content
00 | ...

Apps
00 | Arc
21 | iHearRadio

5Z3LDWG.png

All dates are subject to change, US dates listed.

07 | Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

Downloadable Content
00 | ...

VfUyeKp.png

Earn free games for being an XBL Gold member.
Xbox 360 titles are yours to keep forever: New titles are available at the beginning of the month until the 15th.
On the 16th a new title becomes free to purchase until the end of the month.
Xbox One titles are yours to keep during subscription: New titles are available at the beginning of the month until the end of the month.

Xbox One
00 | Child of Light
00 | Pool Nation FX

Xbox 360
01 | Gears of War: Judgment
01 | Terraria
16 | Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag
16 | Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel

qtTPlzj.png

0UXywn9.png

System Versions and Update notes.
May also contain important patch information.

Xbox One
04.06.15| OS 6.2.12710.0 (xb_rel_1504.150329-2200) fre // Controller Firmware 1.2.2236.0

Party chat improvements
  • The party app will help you get your microphone enabled and show you when privacy settings or networking issues are blocking communication
    with particular party members.
Game hub links update
  • You can more easily discover game hub content from activity feed items. You’ll see activity feed items when any of your friends follow a game,
    and you’ll also be able to get back to a game’s hub from activity feed posts related to the game – including feed items about the game’s achievements,
    game clips and screenshots.
  • We’ve added a link to game hubs from the game’s page in the achievements app.
Achievement notifications update
  • You will now see the achievement’s description in the notification so you know what you did to earn this achievement without having to
    open the achievements app.
  • We increased the time that an achievement notification is displayed.
  • We also made some performance improvements to make loading the achievements app from a notification faster.
What’s On area
  • The What’s On area is now available for Xbox One users in the U.S., Canada, and the UK.
  • In it, you’ll find links to popular videos, games, movies, TV shows, game broadcasts and clips, along with Trending TV shows if you
    have configured OneGuide for your Xbox One console.
Additional Details
Xbox 360
12.11.14 | Dashboard 2.0.17150.0

Increase Storage Capacity
  • Support Hard Disk 500GB.

ZkSSXRg.png

byqIdxe.png

Climb back through time and see how we got here.
These links provide a glimpse of discussion and information as it happened.

03.2015 | We All Scream for Ori
02.2015 | Games find a Way
01.2015 | Beginning with Horror
12.2014 | Beta for the Holidays
11.2014 | Jump In! The Collection is Fine
10.2014 | The Delirium Within
09.2014 | Push back the Darkness
08.2014 | Hot Maddening Nights
07.2014 | Drinkbox Juan - All in One Luchador
06.2014 | Something to do with EEEs
05.2014 | Doge & Order - Special Games Unit
04.2014 | Springtime Watersports
03.2014 | Dropping Titans like it's Hot
02.2014 | Don't call it a Drought
01.2014 | Definitively Bigger & Blacker
11.2013 | Jump In! The Resolution is Fine

Good OP as usual!

Not much for me this month, I might get Stealth Inc on Friday and I'm definitely in for State of Decay.

Hopefully Shovel Knight does make this month and I'm still waiting for Lifeless Planet.

Newlove

Is anyone else not getting the video showing on the Twitch app? It has only really started happening recently. I'm in the dash preview. I's just blank space.

smurphdogg

Neo Member
This is a fantastic thread! This might be off topic, but I don't know where else to pose this question, if you know of a better place help me out.

Now that Broadband has been redefined by the FCC as 25 Mbps (http://gizmodo.com/fcc-redefines-broadband-to-bring-you-faster-internet-1682516928) and considering the decision for broadband as a base requirement for Xbox Live on the OG Xbox was a critical part of its success (http://www.polygon.com/features/2013/11/11/4849940/xbox-live-millennium-e) do you think that Microsoft should consider upping their requirements for Xbox Live either soon or with their next console?

I'm no expert, so I have these questions. Would it make it easier for developers to establish stable P2P or Server based connections if they didn't have to worry about users with lower speeds? Could multiplayer games see larger more rich experiences with a much higher minimum bandwidth?

Thanks so much.

jond76

Banned
Since UFC and Channel 9 apps kinda just popped up unceremoniously on the 31st, I thought I'd mention they were out.

malfcn

Welp, the video fur Twitch worked today. So who knows why that big happens.

I'm in a slump right now. No games I really want to play. There is a back log, but it's strange turning on the 360 now.

Since I had the season pass for Watch Dogs, I'm playing that. After that, perhaps the Unity content. By then I hope to have something, maybe MKX.

Then there is all the Mass Effect content I have bought, but never played. And Revengeance, Blacklist, Witcher 2 etc..

Welp, the video fur Twitch worked today. So who knows why that big happens.

I'm in a slump right now. No games I really want to play. There is a back log, but it's strange turning on the 360 now.

Since I had the season pass for Watch Dogs, I'm playing that. After that, perhaps the Unity content. By then I hope to have something, maybe MKX.

Then there is all the Mass Effect content I have bought, but never played. And Revengeance, Blacklist, Witcher 2 etc..

I'm in a bit of a funk, too. Just finished up Game of Thrones E3, which I enjoyed, but now there's not much to play. Guess I'll go through Halo 4 in MCC, play some Lego Marvel and some Sniper Elite 3.

Really hope we get a Shovel Knight release date soon. I also really really want to hear more about Rogue Legacy.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I am probably only going to get State of Decay this month. Really looking forward to it. With that said, I have been playing Hardline pretty much daily since launch and now I have started Neverwinter.

I'm enjoying the additions to Geometry Wars 3. They added a ton of adventure content which makes the game feel new and fresh. Also finally beat the Topaz boss after trying for several hours over a few days. That guy was a real sonofabitch.

Looking forward to Goat Sim and Shovel Knight later this month. Also hoping for some info on Rogue Legacy.

SerTapTap

Don't know if this is the right thread, but I've got a weird 360 hardware issue. Got a severely damaged (I'm sorry, "very good", grumble) copy of Akai Katana Shin from eBay today, when it's running it occasionally makes horrible sounds, I immediately ejected it. I'm playing Mushihimesama Futari (disk is in great shape) and I hear no weirdness.

Is it possible the noise is actually the disk somehow and not the disk tray that's damaged? Will playing the disk damage my drive/disk? This is a Japanese (and limited edition, Reach style) 360 so I don't really want to risk it getting damaged.

malfcn

Don't know if this is the right thread, but I've got a weird 360 hardware issue. Got a severely damaged (I'm sorry, "very good", grumble) copy of Akai Katana Shin from eBay today, when it's running it occasionally makes horrible sounds, I immediately ejected it. I'm playing Mushihimesama Futari (disk is in great shape) and I hear no weirdness.

Is it possible the noise is actually the disk somehow and not the disk tray that's damaged? Will playing the disk damage my drive/disk? This is a Japanese (and limited edition, Reach style) 360 so I don't really want to risk it getting damaged.

If it is playing other discs silently, I think it'd be back to continue letting it making noises. Can you install it to the HDD?
We have no room left on our 360, so during a party we popped in our Lights, Camera, Action game. It made noises (but never used to), but other games were silent. We decided against playing it just in case.

Also, May preview is going out today.
But it says no new features, just ground work.

malfcn

My Xbox One has a bad drive. Had problems installing Mortal Kombat. Lovely, since I've had nothing but problems with this replacement. And that the warranty expired on it.

So, I'm out to sea with this issue... Any 360 hardware experts here?

My room mate's xbox just stopped connecting to networks. The odd part is, both wired and wifi connections are disrupted. We've reset the router, taken the xbox to new locations and tried there, factory reset the 360... Nothin' doin'.

My gut says this has to be a software issue, as both the LAN and WiFi modules are affected, but I'm not at all familiar with 360 troubleshooting. Googling only shows me Microsoft troubleshooters for connecting. Halp?

malfcn

So, I'm out to sea with this issue... Any 360 hardware experts here?

My room mate's xbox just stopped connecting to networks. The odd part is, both wired and wifi connections are disrupted. We've reset the router, taken the xbox to new locations and tried there, factory reset the 360... Nothin' doin'.

My gut says this has to be a software issue, as both the LAN and WiFi modules are affected, but I'm not at all familiar with 360 troubleshooting. Googling only shows me Microsoft troubleshooters for connecting. Halp?

Even I have been poor at following this thread.
Did your problem ever work itself out or get fixed?

Top Bottom