• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Simpsonology

Neo Member
Can some of you guys with One say if the avatar integration is the same like on 360? I saw they have "avatar" in menu but when you click on friends, you see dull (in my opinion) page about their activity but not their avatars. It seems like they will get rid of it in the future...

BondFancy

So is the blu-ray disk drive issue as numerous as the ps4 problems, or is it people spreading FUD..because I won't be able to try my Xbox One till Wednesday night D:

ekim

Where is the difference between Game DVR, Upload and Upload Studio?
The whole recording thing is confusing... Does it always record? I once said "record this" during a session and after 3 seconds it said "clip complete".

Some truck outside made a grinding sound and my heart skipped a beat thinking it was my BF4 disc installing.

tumblr_mrw1sbosED1rvv8lvo1_400.gif

:)

mjc

So uhhh I was in a party chat and went to play Ryse multiplayer and it says you can't be in a party? What the fuck is this?

Does the day one edition of Forza 5 have special labeling on it in the US?

Just grabbed a copy from walmart and I didn't see any copies with any special symbol saying Day One like the pics I've seen for day one versions

Same goes for Dead Rising 3

Bumping because I need to know before opening these.

Please help!! :)

VanWinkle

Just compared the Call of Duty Ghost Player Online count from Xbox One and PS4, both current.

Xbox One - 23,507
Playstation 4 - 21,146

Xbox One doomed confirmed. ;P That 3 to 1 ratio, if only.

Woah, I didn't think it would he nearly that close! Didn't XB1 launch in way more countries than PS4?

Miles X

Day One 2014 Edition white with 1T SSD for Scandinavia.
+ 2 years Free live and 10 free games including Titanfall limited edition.

All for just 3999 NOK/SEK/DKK

Watch it be special edition Titanfall console. They're going to market the shit out of this game.

Gorki247

Has anyone downloaded DR3: Premium Edition? This might be a silly question, but I assume it is actually the same file as the regular download and just includes some extra unlocks like the season pass?

In other words, can I just launch it with "go to Dead Rising 3" or do you have to use the more lengthy "go to Dead Rising 3 Premium Edition"?

Tabris

Anyone figure out how to delete 0 pt achievement games from XB1. I tried killer instinct and didn't like it. I want to delete from achievements now.

Milennia

So my friend got the email for a free killer instinct back when those were going out, yet he never got a code for it? Anyone get theirs?

Xone9

Banned
gotta say, the system is awesome...

patch 1 will make it more impressive I am sure..

pretty flawless install for me.... Battlefield 4 took about 20 minutes to install though (campaign was ready in 3 minutes)

FrankT

Alright going with Ryse instead of AC. Can pick that up on the cheap later. Console should arrive in the next hour. Come on UPS.

11 more countries on day 1 and only 2k more players? Doomed.
Considering the PS4 was $100 cheaper, is 1080p!!!!!!!!!! and has been out for a week longer, I consider it pretty damn good that Xbox One is ahead.
Woah, I didn't think it would he nearly that close! Didn't XB1 launch in way more countries than PS4?
Yeah, PS4 launched in North America only, so they still have Europe to go, but starting Next Week Europe will be launched, still, the fact that Xbox One (with the help of Europe) is able to stay ahead of the "Cheaper, Better" console version of CoD, where apparently "Xbox One was losing to PS4 3 to 1!" is fantastic new. Especially since a lot of people probably still haven't picked up their XBox One's yet.

Yeah that's not good. Expect at least twice the amount on PS4 by the end of the year.
I expect the numbers to be close regardless. :p

sangreal

Means people can sign into my profile without a password just by selecting it. But if I want to prevent that, Kinect sign-in doesn't seem to work. :\

oh I see now; you want to use kinect sign in but require password. yeah, that doesn't work it just says sign in with a controller

Snubbers

Silly question, I was around my brothers and we couldn't figure out how to play background music while playing a game..

We could snap the Music App alongside and that worked, streaming DLNA to it, or from the Xbox Music Radio, but no luck in getting the game full screen with the music still playing in the background..

Any ideas? I was struggling with the multi-tasking and snapping, it seems simple enough but it doesn't always do what you think!

Yeah that's not good. Expect at least twice the amount on PS4 by the end of the year.

Both are going to be supply constrained for a few months, so the numbers will always be close IMO.

Again, March 2014 and beyond is where it matters. And honestly, there needs to be more AAA titles shown to keep the trains going for both or they'll go slow.

Redshirt

Banned
I don't know if you can display the download queue, but I found how you could make a download jump at the start of the queue : set the focus on its tile in the "My games & apps" page, press "Start" (or however it's called now), and select "Install now" in the menu that appears.

Hah. Thank you so much. This was driving me crazy.

ParityBit

Can you setup the system with a cable box later? I kind of just want to start downloading and playing....

I'm at a green xbox screen .... Waiting .... Awaiting ...

USC-fan

Banned
Silly question, I was around my brothers and we couldn't figure out how to play background music while playing a game..

We could snap the Music App alongside and that worked, streaming DLNA to it, or from the Xbox Music Radio, but no luck in getting the game full screen with the music still playing in the background..

Any ideas? I was struggling with the multi-tasking and snapping, it seems simple enough but it doesn't always do what you think!

Doesnt work at launch.

Top Bottom