• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
So my Kinect isn't working at all.... It's plugged in and not lighting up at all. I followed the instructions on the help page but still nothing. Anyone have this issue ? I checked the settings and it just keeps saying that Kinect is not connected. HALP!

So my Kinect isn't working at all.... It's plugged in and not lighting up at all. I followed the instructions on the help page but still nothing. Anyone have this issue ? I checked the settings and it just keeps saying that Kinect is not connected. HALP!

Sounds like you have a faulty Kinect. Have you tried calling support?

Neifirst

Just in case you haven't already done so, try unplugging both it and the console for at least a minute or two. This happened to me once and it fixed the issue.

paolo11

Forgive me but am I wrong if I say that the character models of Dead Rising 3 is on par with Uncharted 3 or TLOU? I think they are the same in detail.

ahartig

Anyone know if there is a way to turn off the vibrating/rumble function for all aspects of the XB1?

I think my controller's rumble is faulty, it is pretty loud and annoying, to the point where it annoys other people in the room. All my games except BF4 have an option to turn rumble off. Is there a system wide setting to turn it off?

Lima

Forgive me but am I wrong if I say that the character models of Dead Rising 3 is on par with Uncharted 3 or TLOU? I think they are the same in detail.

The faces look good but I think they forgot that there is more to a human being than a face.

Chitown B

sticker,375x360.png

Chitown B

Anyone know if there is a way to turn off the vibrating/rumble function for all aspects of the XB1?

I think my controller's rumble is faulty, it is pretty loud and annoying, to the point where it annoys other people in the room. All my games except BF4 have an option to turn rumble off. Is there a system wide setting to turn it off?

not yet. apparently they want you experiencing the rumble triggers.

However it probably will be available to adjust in the future. you may not be gripping the controller tight enough - it shouldn't be super loud, but you can definitely hear it if you're close to it.

Giggzy

it turns it on by default, ive went through the menus and i still for the life of me cant get it to turn my tv on.

Hmmm. I won't be home from work for another 6 hours but I'll have to check on that. Is it probably a bug in the OS? It can't be a faulty IR Blaster if the volume controls work, right?

Hmmm. I won't be home from work for another 6 hours but I'll have to check on that. Is it probably a bug in the OS? It can't be a faulty IR Blaster if the volume controls work, right?

I take it as the code is not correct for my tv. If youve ever programmed a universal remote before, some times a code will work for some stuff and not all. Im guessing I just need to find the correct code for my exact tv.

EBE

Not even in cutscenes. Uncharted 2 MAYBE. I've actually turned around quite a bit on DR 3s graphics. Reflections, shadows, some nice texture work... It's the pop in and aliasing that hurt it most

paolo11

Not even in cutscenes. Uncharted 2 MAYBE. I've actually turned around quite a bit on DR 3s graphics. Reflections, shadows, some nice texture work... It's the pop in and aliasing that hurt it most

Just to clarify, I'm talking only about character models. DR 3 and TLOU are on par in terms of character models. Maybe DR3 has slightly better textures.

paolo11

Nick perhaps, but then I don't think he animates as well as Drake or Joel.
I agree with animation that Drake and Joel looks a bit better but Nick and NPC looks on par with Joel or Ellie or Drake.

In fact, I thought DR 3 is TLOU on open world because of the models.

m23

So I'm unable to join a match with my friend, one of us has to quit the game and wait for the other to find a match. Only then can we play together.

Phreaker

With the Xbox One using Skydrive to store and watch videos is there a way to see how many views each video has gotten?

As mentioned,the smartglass app will show how many views your clips have gotten, but those are not the ones uploaded to SkyDrive, thery're just the ones in your profile under clips. I haven't uploaded much to SkyDrive so I'm not sure if you can tell there how many times something has been viewed.

Chitown B

I'm so sick of the stupid ad every single time I start a new Twitch feed. Especially since it's almost always the same one - making me hate Anchorman 2.

The disc drive of my D1 console started making noises while playing a dvd two days ago. I tried playing games, blu-ray movies, all discs played fine but with that annoying sound.

The next day everything seemed fine until I started the install of Lego Marvel Super Heroes (awesome game btw.) and the grinding noise started again. Now the noise is gone but I started to get read errors when inserting a disc. This happened with blu-ray movies and dvds that played without any problems a few days ago.

It seems completely random as a I can play disc based games just fine right now.

I contacted the support and requested the advance exchange program, I got a free download of Forza 5 (so won't need to use a disc).

I haven't had any hardware related problems with the console before.

Anchorman 2 is so overmarketed. I walked into my college bookstore and they had some cutout of Ron Burgundy at the front door. I refuse to watch it out of spite alone now.

Top Bottom