• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

IcEWoLF

Neo Member
I really don't see the Xbox One X doing well at all, at $500 its priced too high, at $400 it would have been the right pricing.

Of course I have a computer that can play 1440p games maxed out with my 1080 gtx, and also have both PS4 Pro and XBox One....

I'm just not sold on this new console. Also at $500 it should come with 2TB HDD space.

I really don't see the Xbox One X doing well at all, at $500 its priced too high, at $400 it would have been the right pricing.

Of course I have a computer that can play 1440p games maxed out with my 1080 gtx, and also have both PS4 Pro and XBox One....

I'm just not sold on this new console. Also at $500 it should come with 2TB HDD space.

If you have a PC with a high end graphics card already, you are not the audience for the 1X. Especially if just your graphics card costs more than the whole console.

IcEWoLF

Neo Member
If you have a PC with a high end graphics card already, you are not the audience for the 1X. Especially if just your graphics card costs more than the whole console.

True, I do however like to play with friends and bunch of them unfortunately do not do PC gaming, but its painful to play things on the XB1, I feel its slow, I have a PS4 and it feels smoother, maybe its because the XBox 1 interface needs some optimizations because it feels super clunky.

I just wish Microsoft would stop pushing their windows look on the xbox 1...xbox 360 had such a nice interface, super quick to navigate and easy to communicate with friends, with the xbox 1, I don't even know.

Novocaine

Does anyone here use a USB hub on their Xbox? I'm going to need one for the One X and I'm wondering if I should get one with external power or not

Colbert

Banned
Does anyone here use a USB hub on their Xbox? I'm going to need one for the One X and I'm wondering if I should get one with external power or not

Earlier in this thread somebody said he operates a powered USB hub with his Xbox One, so I guess that option seems to work. I asked for the model he uses but never got a response.

Found it:
I have a powered USB 3.0 hub that has my externals running through and that works really well. The Kinect has it's on USB 3 port just to make sure it actually works.

Preorders are telling a very different story though. We'll see.

Daffy Duck

Just a dumb question but with having a 1080p will a game like Tomb Raider for example downsample from 4K to 1080p giving an even better picture?

MaulerX

True, I do however like to play with friends and bunch of them unfortunately do not do PC gaming, but its painful to play things on the XB1, I feel its slow, I have a PS4 and it feels smoother, maybe its because the XBox 1 interface needs some optimizations because it feels super clunky.

I just wish Microsoft would stop pushing their windows look on the xbox 1...xbox 360 had such a nice interface, super quick to navigate and easy to communicate with friends, with the xbox 1, I don't even know.

I've gone back to the 360.... no, sorry, it's quite the opposite. It's painfully slow compared to what we have now for the XBO. You may not like the "look" of the XB1 dash, and that's ok, but navigating the 360 is nowhere near as fast as what we remembered.

im_dany

Xbox One X |OT| X Gon' Give It To Ya

I was going yesterday to preorder (Italy), called my Gamestop and they told me they've all stopped taking preorders. I didn't want to spend 500€ but instead trade in a bunch of old games (and the One S eventually) and make it easier, ugh.

thenameDS

I've gone back to the 360.... no, sorry, it's quite the opposite. It's painfully slow compared to what we have now for the XBO. You may not like the "look" of the XB1 dash, and that's ok, but navigating the 360 is nowhere near as fast as what we remembered.
This. My niece still has her 360 plugged in and we turned it on the other day and it’s so slow and sluggish compared to the One.

EmiPrime

I really don't get this. The 360 UI in all its incarnations was an unintuitive ad filled mess that fell apart if you had a lot of games installed. The Xbox One UI is a huge upgrade especially the games library interface.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Because Phil the Power is better. :D

That does work on 3 levels, so this does take it.

philtaylor.jpg

Colbert

Banned
some news from the color gradient front of the xbox one x special edition. i just asked some guys that had seen the console by themselves at gamescom. they say the gradient is only really visible if you shed light directly on the console. under normal circumstances the console looks dark color overall and the gradient isn't that noticable.

oh man, i don't what to do now .... switch to the standard edition or just keep the special edition .... arrrgggghhhhh

some news from the color gradient front of the xbox one x special edition. i just asked some guys that had seen the console by themselves at gamescom. they say the gradient is only really visible if you shed light directly on the console. under normal circumstances the console looks dark color overall and the gradient isn't that noticable.

oh man, i don't what to do now .... switch to the standard edition or just keep the special edition .... arrrgggghhhhh

In the same boat. I can't figure out if I want the Scorpio edition or not. I couldn't care less about the stand.....

Syrus

Banned

Keep it brotha.

Why are people buying usb hubs? Just buy a powered external HD

pitchfork

I do love how that reference goes over most people here's heads, but for me it's the only thing I see when I read those words.

"Stand up! if you love your darts!"

"There's only one Phil Taylor, one Phil Taylor!"

Ha! I met Phil (Taylor) a couple years back at the Ally pally. Top bloke!

How important is it to you that all your electronics all be jet black? I mean, is this a preference thing or an OCD thing? Lol Believe me I get it...I relegated my white Xbone S 2Tb to backup duty in the workout room...(lol)...and still use my black elite in the main entertainment center...primarily because I pretty much want the electronics "on display" in the main room to look mono- or dichromatic (the white S is beautiful...it just doesn't fit in...I bought it for a song so couldn't pass it up).

That said, I jumped on the Scorpio edition because the metallic gradient aesthetic looks cool as hell to my eye...and from what I can tell it's going to be "dark enough" that it'll blend in during most/all viewing/playing sessions. It's not going to stick out like a sore thumb like the white S does even if I stand there next to the thing shining a flashlight on it. If your movie watching/game playing room is set up like mine, then lighting is kept at a minimum most of the time so it shouldn't be an issue.

nekkid

"Stand up! if you love your darts!"

"There's only one Phil Taylor, one Phil Taylor!"

Ha! I met Phil (Taylor) a couple years back at the Ally pally. Top bloke!

Yeah he always seems like a great guy. One of the greatest active sporting champions, too (relative to the sport).

The darts at Ally Pally has to be the best spectator sports event, too.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
exactly i find both:
Xbox One X |OT| Phil the true Power
Xbox One X |OT| It probably isn't for you

way better than this generic:
Xbox One X |OT| X Gon' Give It To Ya
lol no

We need a vote for great justice.

Wabba

Just preordered it! Almost ten years since the last time i owned a Xbox. Still unsure if i am going to buy it or not since it is so expensive here in Scandinavia and the only game that i want at the moment is Forza 7.

Strange that Xbox One has been out for so many years and there are almost no exclusives that i want to play. But i really want it, so can anybody please convince me why its a good option. Is there any up coming titles, first party or multiplatform that is going to take advantage of it? Feel like Red Dead Redemption 2 is going to be worth it alone almost.

Just preordered it! Almost ten years since the last time i owned a Xbox. Still unsure if i am going to buy it or not since it is so expensive here in Scandinavia and the only game that i want at the moment is Forza 7.

Strange that Xbox One has been out for so many years and there are almost no exclusives that i want to play. But i really want it, so can anybody please convince me why its a good option. Is there any up coming titles, first party or multiplatform that is going to take advantage of it? Feel like Red Dead Redemption 2 is going to be worth it alone almost.

Sunset Overdrive is calling your name

Colbert

Banned
How important is it to you that all your electronics all be jet black? I mean, is this a preference thing or an OCD thing? Lol Believe me I get it...I relegated my white Xbone S 2Tb to backup duty in the workout room...(lol)...and still use my black elite in the main entertainment center...primarily because I pretty much want the electronics "on display" in the main room to look mono- or dichromatic (the white S is beautiful...it just doesn't fit in...I bought it for a song so couldn't pass it up).

That said, I jumped on the Scorpio edition because the metallic gradient aesthetic looks cool as hell to my eye...and from what I can tell it's going to be "dark enough" that it'll blend in during most/all viewing/playing sessions. It's not going to stick out like a sore thumb like the white S does even if I stand there next to the thing shining a flashlight on it. If your movie watching/game playing room is set up like mine, then lighting is kept at a minimum most of the time so it shouldn't be an issue.

I tell you a little story. I spent 72 hrs (distributed over 1 month) with a interior architect to find the right color palette for all my living room furniture and accessoires. Those are all designer pieces - we better not talk about money here, you would declare me as completely insane. You may can imagine how important the esthetic of the console is for me!

Why are people buying usb hubs? Just buy a powered external HD

I like it to have my external Hdds to be protable and reusable for other devices (other Xboxes for example). I also think about to reactivate my Kinect maybe. That leads to a need of more USB 3 ports. I know the is that 8TB Seagate drive that have 2 extra USB3 ports but I the USB hub I selected if just more sexy.

8SsBqkC.png

lol no

We need a vote for great justice.

i do agree

[ ] Xbox One X |OT| 8.3 million of the highest quality pixels and nothing to play
[x] Xbox One X |OT| Phil the true Power
[ ] Xbox One X |OT| It probably isn't for you
[ ] Xbox One X |OT| X Gon' Give It To Ya
[ ]

OP or a Mod needs to add a poll

Snaku

Banned
i do agree

[ ] Xbox One X |OT| 8.3 million of the highest quality pixels and nothing to play
[x] Xbox One X |OT| Phil the true Power
[ ] Xbox One X |OT| It probably isn't for you
[ ] Xbox One X |OT| X Gon' Give It To Ya
[ ]

OP or a Mod needs to add a poll

tumblr_o5grumauiw1tlf771o1_250.gif

nekkid

Xbox One X |OT| Phil the True Power is awful.

Xbox One X |OT| Phil the Power is great

Top Bottom