• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Theorry

Taking cherry picking to the next level. There's some crazy impressive gifs out there showcasing a level of destruction that the current game doesn't come close to.

What? The campaign doesnt have that destruction like the MP And i made a gif of a same moment watching a explosion standing still like that other gif. You were talking about cell shaded and and looking dated and that it looked better last year. You werent talking about destruction.

Hoo-doo

Banned
You can't have a positive Xbox thread without Hoo-doo bringin in some random negativity (justified or not) that has nothing to do with the topic.

Oh so now it's my fault for responding to the discussion that was happening? Pfff.

I thought the feeling that Crackdown 3 was showed poorly was shared by most on this board.
That's not random negativity, that's me responding directly to the bundle conversation on the last page.

But damn son, i'll leave it be.

cucuchu

Speaking of bundles, since they are roughly just breaking even with the X1X or even maybe losing (pending your interpretation of Phil Spencer's comments), I doubt we will initially see any...at least not for $499.

This got me thinking, would a 2TB HDD version with a game make sense at $599? I imagine they would just go up in price but add extras doing stuff like this.

RE: MCC counter-I forgot how long all of that had been. Shame it worked out the way it did. Still surprised an IP such as that went through what it did.

Anyways, back on topic. I'm curious how this XBX thing pans out- but if there's a version with a game, that might be a no brainer for me. My kid is big on minecraft- so I can hand her down the OG XB1 for it, and get a newer/smaller one for my area. Mildly concerned about heat/noise in that smaller form factor, so hopefully pre-release reviews pop up that can address concerns in those areas.

gamz

Speaking of bundles, since they are roughly just breaking even with the X1X or even maybe losing (pending your interpretation of Phil Spencer's comments), I doubt we will initially see any...at least not for $499.

This got me thinking, would a 2TB HDD version with a game make sense at $599? I imagine they would just go up in price but add extras doing stuff like this.

Yup. They did say they are planning on cool stuff with the Pre orders once they go live. What that means is anyones guess?

Colbert

Banned
Yup. They did say they are planning on cool stuff with the Pre orders once they go live. What that means is anyones guess?

I assume they partner with Gamestop or any other company to offer a trade-in program which gives you a slighty better return in money than the current "exchange rate" to make it more affordable to some people.

I personally will not trade in as I just do my usual rotation. Xbox One S goes into the bedroom and the Xbox One X will reign my living room. Even the color of the Xbox One X will be a perfect fit for the color palette in my living room.

Smokey

I know most of you are probably gonna play on a 4k tv, with or without hdr and Oled.
I play on a monitor myself, as that's what fits my setup the most, and there are 4k monitors, but 4k monitors with hdr and Oled( not sure if there are any) are not only very expensive for some reason, but there also aren't many options to choose from. So I ask,, do you really think these are worthwile upgrades relative to their cost: (http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-32UD99-W-4k-uhd-led-monitor)
I otherwise wonder if a 4k IPS monitor isn't enough.

This monitor appears to be aimed more at content creators. The input lag will most likely be high on it, relative to other monitors.

Xenoflare

You can't just be able to make a statement like the one above and expect to just walk away from it.

I could easily demonstrate it as nonsense.

You are missing the point, it isn't about whether "walking away from nonsensical statement" but I digress

I'm just dumbfounded by the amount of vitriol that goes around for a console, in a preorder thread no less.

I'd like it better back during the System Wars page in GameFAQs, this is borderline embarrassing

Huh that looked not better to me.

CriminalTerribleBlackfish.gif

So the destruction is MP only? That would be terrible if true

Theorry

The city wide destuction yeah. Because campaign is more about saving the city, and yeah destroying the whole city is not a good idea for campaign as that would break alot of stuff and SP can be played offline so cant use the cloud computing. All known since the announcement tho.

R aka Bon

This monitor appears to be aimed more at content creators. The input lag will most likely be high on it, relative to other monitors.

That is the only one I could find, do you know any that's also fit for gaming? (it has 5ms GTG as Response time, and does supports AMD Freesync)

sam777

Na it makes sense otherwise it would be a piece of cake to take down the bosses/gang leaders, it would actually be game breaking. I am surprised at people not thinking it through when saying they thought 100% destruction was in SP.

Yes
Yes
Yes

That really isn't a very impressive list you've got there, and it was probably one of their strongest years so far.

Anyway, noted that this perhaps isn't the most appropriate thread for the X1X-bashing. I'll take my disdain elsewhere.

Man if you only play AAA exclusive games and can't see that other people might find the list that I posted as very enticing then I can't really do much for you.

They could have added more destruction to SP but it would have required always online to work.

We all know how well that would have gone over.

Ehker

They could have added more destruction to SP but it would have required always online to work.

We all know how well that would have gone over.

To me that has never been the main issue. They require multiple players to start a cloud render of destruction because it would be impossible to guarantee a much larger number of servers for all possible single player sessions.

HiiiLife

Would you recommend getting this if I only have a 1080p projector? I know it'll look better than the OG X1, but would you guys do it if you don't have the display to take advantage of its capabilities?

Lima

Would you recommend getting this if I only have a 1080p projector? I know it'll look better than the OG X1, but would you guys do it if you don't have the display to take advantage of its capabilities?

Of course. Like never having to play another 720p/900p game is huge on a big projector setup.

Theorry

I am gonna do it. The downsampling is great to me also. And the games will run alot better then normal Xbox and no 900p games also anymore.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
XB has lost this battle because of games, plain and simple. I've never considered the Bone's relatively poor sales to be anything much at all to do with power. X1X is an answer to the completely wrong question.

So what's on offer here is access to exactly the same pool of games that have so far failed to attract the customers, only this time they're expecting you to pay much, much for for them

They'd have been far better off releasing a dirt cheap XB to shift the value proposition towards them.

The initial batch of pre-orders will sell well because of you lot, but beyond that it's DOA.

Seems like you have made up your mind.

Personally I buy consoles for the exclusives. I like my Gears of War and my God of War, my Halos and my Uncharteds. So comes down to 3rd party games, if the best version is now on Xbox One X, that's only a good thing.

Really I have been disappointed in Sony since the PS4 pro and VR came out. How a company can release products back to back and yet not be fully compatible with each other is insane. They had to know people buying both of these thing would want to use them together on there 4K HDR TV... In my eye MS can't do any worse so I'll give them a chance.

gamz

Some of these posts have become a weird therapy on why they don't need this....But obviously want it or they wouldn't be here.

Anyway, damn these thread bumps! Get my hopes up.

Ushay

Still wondering which TV I should get this year.

I had my eye on the Sony XE900 in the 49 Inch model. Anyone have experience with these sets?

Sony

Nintendo

Apart from story reasons why city destruction wouldn't be suitable, the destruction is aided by the cloud. Having destruction in SP would mean Crackdown 3 would be an Always online game. Always online SP is simply something this industry can't chew.

Ehker

Apart from story reasons why city destruction wouldn't be suitable, the destruction is aided by the cloud. Having destruction in SP would mean Crackdown 3 would be an Always online game. Always online SP is simply something this industry can't chew.

The whole DRM thing before was a different issue. I don't see where people would be mad at Crackdown having always online for a good reason like extra destruction. Being able to handle the load of every single player session on the other hand is a real issue.

DESTROYA

Sort of off topic but I'm posting anyway....

Does anyone know the actual size of the console?
Bigger or smaller than Xbox One S?
Still trying to figure out if it'll be worth getting, I love the specs but on the other hand not sure if I'm thrilled about the exclusives.

gamz

Still trying to figure out if it'll be worth getting, I love the specs but on the other hand not sure if I'm thrilled about the exclusives.

Tad smaller, weighs more.

sam777

It is a bit smaller than the S.

Lothars

Of course I'm talking about exclusives. It's the most powerful console and has no flagship title. Plus of the titles you listed the only one that actually looks great is Forza but the rest you don't need anything but an S for. Not to mention that SoT, State of Decay and Crackdown didn't show well.

I'm sorry man I was around for the MS that released Gears and Halo 3. This is some underwhelming stuff

Huh I hope I'm not coming across combative. I'm just legit bummed about it
your not, it's true looking at Microsofts exclusives than to now just shows how dissapointing it is.

Why even engange in that conversation with those people?
Not really Xbox One X preorder related, don't you think?
In 2013 it was all about better multiplats and exclusives didn't matter. Now it's the opposite. We just have to live with that ;)
it is absolutely preorder related when they don't have the games to back it up and for the price they are asking for the system. It just feels like they continue to drop the ball. I haven't seen a compelling reason to upgrade over an Xbox one s and the conference reaffirmed that.

Wrellie

Neo Member
Will be pre-ordering when available. My only disappointment with the list in the pre-order thread is that the list didn't include Ori 2. Can't wait to play it on the X.

gamz

your not, it's true looking at Microsofts exclusives than to now just shows how dissapointing it is.

it is absolutely preorder related when they don't have the games to back it up and for the price they are asking for the system. It just feels like they continue to drop the ball. I haven't seen a compelling reason to upgrade over an Xbox one s and the conference reaffirmed that.

Cool. Move along now...

Then don't upgrade. Simple. This isn't a thread about 1st party games or future projects. We have threads for that. This is for those who are interested in the console and are most likely going to pre-order or need more information before making a choice. No need for the list wars and trolling. The very same people posting that BS here often do same in other Xbox threads. They were never interested in the console in the first place. lol.

Cool. Move along now...

It's like they are trying so hard to dissuade others from purchasing the console.lol

Historically, many consoles launched more than 500 if you account for inflation.

While that is true, most people when they go to buy anything they don't count inflation. All they look at is sticker price. People on gaf understand inflation and the likes, but if you are a parent buying a console for your teem at Xmas you aren't going to go, well 20 years ago they cost more for inflation. For the majority of people perception is reality. Sad but it's true.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
While that is true, most people when they go to buy anything they don't count inflation. All they look at is sticker price. People on gaf understand inflation and the likes, but if you are a parent buying a console for your teem at Xmas you aren't going to go, well 20 years ago they cost more for inflation. For the majority of people perception is reality. Sad but it's true.

Yeah, not so sure about that.

Top Bottom