• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

quest

Not Banned from OT
I think this is normal.
I think we get worried if we still see this a week from now....

Seems like lots are getting theirs. I did mine a few weeks later when they had a short window so it was always a iffy proposition. No biggie I'll just wait for the normal version around Xmas.

cucuchu

anyone know if gamestops are having 9 pm releases the night before? The employee who answered the phone straight up told me he doesnt know and I should call back when their manager is in.

My gamestop says they are doing a midnight release here on the east coast. I would guess most gamestops are doing a midnight release at least, given the launch event by Microsoft.

Hawk269

The S is louder than the OG One so this doesn’t make much sense tbh.

I was going to say the same thing...the "S" is louder than the original Xbox Box One, but the "S" is still very quiet...the original was just damn quiet because it had a lot of room in it and the power source was external. I had times where I heard the fan on the power brick more than on the system itself.

Justinh

anyone know if gamestops are having 9 pm releases the night before? The employee who answered the phone straight up told me he doesnt know and I should call back when their manager is in.

According to this, Gamestops and Best Buys will let you pick them up at 9 pm PST.
https://www.dualshockers.com/xbox-one-x-release-events-detailed-midnight-launches-announced/
Giveaways and gameplay demos will also be hosted at Microsoft Stores across North America, and you’ll be able to pick up pre-orders a 9 PM Pacific Time (Midnight EST). GameStop stores and over 600 Best Buy locations will also do the same.

OEM

The S is louder than the OG One so this doesn’t make much sense tbh.

OG One was shit, the console didn't make noise but the power brick made the ticking noise even after turning off the console. I think that's worse than console making the noise. I changed the adapter three times thinking I had the faulty one but nope. I had to make sure I plug that shit every time I turn off the console.

I was finally at peace when I bought One S.

UraMallas

I received an email confirmation from Amazon that my order has been upgraded to delivery day shipping and will arrive on 11/07/2017. I got in first thing for a Scorpio Edition, FYI.

witness

I didn't realize that preorders were sold out in store. Called about 5 gamestops near me and none of them are still taking preorders. Sucks because I want to take advantage of the trade in bonuses they are doing. Hopefully they get extras quickly....

MaulerX

Got an email from Gamestop online. It said they'll charge my payment method on Oct. 31 and will send me another email with tracking number later. Will get on Nov 7th. Woot!!

Since my X is arriving next week, I'm planning to give away my launch Xbox One to my cousin before he heads out of state this weekend and I was just wondering if I can factory reset the console right now (transferred every game I had on the internal HDD to an external) without running into any problems with my gold membership account. Do I need my OG Xbox One to transfer my gold account to the X?

JMY86

awesome so i would be able to pre-order it right now and they wont charge me i only have $327 in my bank right now

Correct. Amazon usually charges me overnight Sunday or early Monday then ships the day before launch for release day delivery or whatever delivery method you choose.

Since my X is arriving next week, I'm planning to give away my launch Xbox One to my cousin before he heads out of state this weekend and I was just wondering if I can factory reset the console right now (transferred every game I had on the internal HDD to an external) without running into any problems with my gold membership account. Do I need my OG Xbox One to transfer my gold account to the X?

Nope everything is tied to your Xbox account as long as you have everything you need go ahead and factory reset it. Just plug in your external drive and start up your new console then sign in and you are good.

Ovech-King

I have two pending transactions from Walmart on my Visa for the XOX, when I've only ordered one. Anyone know if this is normal for them to do for authorization purposes, or whether I should be concerned about getting double-billed?

Same thing here . Oct 18th and Oct 23rd . This is authorized but not invoiced though so I am confident only one will be officially charged. If anything, I'll just call Visa and they,ll take care of it

Isurus

I received an email confirmation from Amazon that my order has been upgraded to delivery day shipping and will arrive on 11/07/2017. I got in first thing for a Scorpio Edition, FYI.

I'm still awaiting that email. I got in first thing for Scorpio too, but haven't received an email yet.

DSPEED

Same here. Placed my order as soon as it went up. Excited to get my hands on it even though I like the all black design more.

Dural

OG One was shit, the console didn't make noise but the power brick made the ticking noise even after turning off the console. I think that's worse than console making the noise. I changed the adapter three times thinking I had the faulty one but nope. I had to make sure I plug that shit every time I turn off the console.

I was finally at peace when I bought One S.

Holy shit, I thought the ticking was coming from my projector! It all makes sense now, the PSU is on the shelf under the projector. Thank you!

Thnk God I have an X preordered.

I am out of town the week it comes out. Is anyone fulfilling shipments on 11/13 or later?

When it ships just change your delivery settings to hold at location, that's what I do for items that require signatures. I usually go pick them up on the weekend because I can't leave work, drive across town and be at the delivery location by closing time.

JP

Is the Scorpio availability problems only an issue in the US? Seem to still be able to order it from Amazon here (UK)
i ordered one a couple of weeks ago, mainly because I wanted the stand so it was cheaper for me to get this version. They seem to go in and out of stock all the time, I think because they have such limited stock of this version they re-list them when people cancel.

I'd imagine that because the idea of the limited edition version was that it would be for people who pre-ordered early and then it would be gone that Microsoft don't really want them to still be available after launch, they'd rather they were gone by then.

Klocker

No Amazon email yet. Even booked my shipping from prime 2 day to one day hoping to move a mountain and got nada. Haha

Best buy order looking stronger as a possibility

csamuelsvt

Neo Member
Yeah I ordered basically as soon as the pre-order was live for the Scorpio edition and still have the dreaded "Not yet shipped
Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date"

Hopefully it changes soon. I live in Virginia.

Isurus

Yeah I ordered basically as soon as the pre-order was live for the Scorpio edition and still have the dreaded "Not yet shipped
Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date"

Hopefully it changes soon. I live in Virginia.

Same here. I'm in Wisconsin.

My amazon pre order still doesn't have an estimated delivery and i ordered it within minutes of it going live. Maybe its just a regional thing depending on how the local Amazon warehouses have them ready or not, but i live in the chicago area.

Isurus

My amazon pre order still doesn't have an estimated delivery and i ordered it within minutes of it going live. Maybe its just a regional thing depending on how the local Amazon warehouses have them ready or not, but i live in the chicago area.

I think this is likely the case (regional). For comfort, a good buddy of mine is in the Chicago area as well, preorder right away, and is in the same situation (no email or update).

JMY86

I think this is likely the case (regional). For comfort, a good buddy of mine is in the Chicago area as well, preorder right away, and is in the same situation (no email or update).

I live in the Cleveland area and I ordered right after preorders went live. I got my delivery update email early this morning I'm sure you guys will get your email soon.

MrBenchmark

I live in the Cleveland area and I ordered right after preorders went live. I got my email early this morning I'm sure you guys will get your email soon.
What email I got the original order email back when I did it. Chicago area here too is it just a new one with the date now?

JMY86

What email I got the original order email back when I did it. Chicago area here too is it just a new one with the date now?

Yep. I got a delivery update email this morning. My X is being delivered on Nov. 7th.

7hi0A5u.png

Top Bottom