• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Colbert

Banned
More Xbox One X marketing for tomorrow ...

GIpBccH.gif

Anyone ever preorder a console from Target before? Was wanting to go that route since I get a discount but I have no idea what to expect in terms of reliability.

If they're questionable then I may just preorder from Microsoft, especially if an early edition does happen.

Yes. The Xbox One, NES Classic, and the Switch. Target locks in the shipping details right away, and that usually means the console won't be there the day of release. It also means no changing any details like shipping speed, address, or payment method. Otherwise it's great. I got discounts on all those plus a hefty one of a PS4 Pro using a Target card and coupons. The return policy is good as well.

I said yesterday that I was going to wait until next year to purchase the XB1X but I'd preorder if I could get my hands on this special edition one.

etta

my hard graphic balls
They had set price in mind. People already think that 499 is too high.

$499 is a fucking joke when it's using a Jaguar.
This is clearly targeted at the 5-10% who would pay any price for an upgrade over their current Xbox.

Colbert

Banned
Shit would've been so excellent if it had a Ryzen.
My god what a missed opportunity. Why wait a year if you don't pack in new tech.

We all hoped for that but it was impossible if you take into account the die real estate the zen based CPU would have needed on the current node processes. Ryzen will only be possible on a smaller node process like 7nm if you want the GPU performance of 6TF+ too.

Hopefully in the UK its not just 'Game' that will have the day 1 edition as wish to purchase elsewhere like Smyths Toys.

Want to be able to walk into a store and purchase and not via Amazon.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Hopefully in the UK its not just 'Game' that will have the day 1 edition as wish to purchase elsewhere like Smyths Toys.

Want to be able to walk into a store and purchase and not via Amazon.

I hope this too. I wasn't too keen on the D1 edition but I would like one now.

gamz

This is clearly targeted at the 5-10% who would pay any price for an upgrade over their current Xbox.

Try to build a PC for the price. This has been raked through the coals and plenty of threads out there to discuss the price.

I think it's fair for what you are getting...Really not the thread to discuss this.

Can't wait to preorder this. I definitely think it willl drive 4K tv and monitor adoption. I already bought an LG UD2768P monitor to go along with it. Very excited to see the leap forward in visual clarity.

Selling my s and OG ps4 for this at GS as soon as Pre-orders come up. Sad that crackdown won't be around for launch, but I look forward to getting a lot of 3rd party optimized games.

Outrun

Customized Jaguar.

I think MS made it very clear that this is not a new generation. Ryzen would easily tack on $150 to that cost, and this Ryzen-Powered machine would still be hampered by software, which would need to run on the vanilla XO.

NeOak

My god what a missed opportunity. Why wait a year if you don't pack in new tech.

Please show me where are the Ryzen APUs right now.

You want them to use 2 CCXs to get the 8 cores and hit 499? Lol

etta

my hard graphic balls
Customized Jaguar.

I think MS made it very clear that this is not a new generation. Ryzen would easily tack on $150 to that cost, and this Ryzen-Powered machine would still be hampered by software, which would need to run on the vanilla XO.

Please show me where are the Ryzen APUs right now.

You want them to use 2 CCXs to get the 8 cores and hit 499? Lol
Should've released last year with a Pro-equivalent CPU and GPU.
Checkerboard 4K is fine for half-step into the same gen.

How many times has this been gone over?
I was just answering someone who pointed it out.

You honestly didn't keep your expectations in check. Ryzen wasn't going to be possible for $499.
I expected the extra year to mean something significant, but I'm gonna stop since gamz is right, this isn't the thread for that. I'm just wholly disappointed in pretty much everything they did with the X. Specs, price, software.

El_Chino

You honestly didn't keep your expectations in check. Ryzen wasn't going to be possible for $499.

thenameDS

I expected the extra year to mean something significant, but I'm gonna stop since gamz is right, this isn't the thread for that. I'm just wholly disappointed in pretty much everything they did with the X. Specs, price, software.
For me being smaller than the S and more powerful than the Pro is impressive alone.

Not if the performance capabilities lives up to all the information we've received thus far, and it looks like it will.

How is it looking for retailers opening orders Sunday evening? Figure online things will go up as the presentation ends but, at least here on the East Coast, it would be pretty late in the day for retail shops to start opening up orders.

Tall Paul

On holiday with zero net access where I'm staying so I will be loitering in the dark at 8pm outside wherever I can pinch free wifi off, can't miss a pre order!!

How is it looking for retailers opening orders Sunday evening? Figure online things will go up as the presentation ends but, at least here on the East Coast, it would be pretty late in the day for retail shops to start opening up orders.

Probably preorders available online Sunday afternoon/evening. Then, in store preorders available Monday Morning.

ViciousDS

Banned

My PC has a Zen Etta. They are multi tasking beasts. Wait till the next generation to literally jaw drop. The resolution bump should suffice us enough till then.

But I don't want to imagine what the cost would have been with them dumping a zen in them

Etta's breaking......NNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Dlacy13g

Sorry but this response is a joke. It's been proven time and time again that what is in the box is well worth that asking price.

Hawk269

Not sure if this was mentioned, but I just called 4 Gamestop's just to get a clear picture and all 4 of them said that Pre-order are being announced tomorrow during a MS show and most likely will start Monday. All 4 stores said almost the same thing, some referring to a Manager to get clarifications, but all 3 out 4 said most likely Monday and the 4th was we think it is Monday.

I know people don't want to miss the opportunity and we don't know how fast they will go, so just call whichever retailer you may be going too and ask. I plan to call again later tonight as things could change being that it is early today where I live.

***EDIT***

I was bored so I called another 4 stores and now things are mixed. Some say it starts tomorrow at 2pm, others said they are not sure. So it looks like it as far as GS as of today it is a little cloudy on what is happening. 2 of the Store Mangers I talked to said to call back later today since they will most likely get a email with information if it does go live tomorrow.

Dabanton

Yep that Scorpio edition looks lovely much better than the low res pics that 'leaked' yesterday.

I'm hoping the MS store near me will have a unit in store to glance at tomorrow.

Yes. The Xbox One, NES Classic, and the Switch. Target locks in the shipping details right away, and that usually means the console won't be there the day of release. It also means no changing any details like shipping speed, address, or payment method. Otherwise it's great. I got discounts on all those plus a hefty one of a PS4 Pro using a Target card and coupons. The return policy is good as well.

Alright, thanks, I'll probably go that route then. As long as it'll arrive within a few days of release and there's not likely to be any fuckery involved then I can be satisfied with that.

Top Bottom