• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Questions

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
The bundle and Halo 2 next month have finally led to me wanting to purchase an Xbox, but I have some questions:

Biggest Q: I asked this once before, but I need to know if my connection will allow me to qualify for XBL. It's DSL, but it's SLOW DSL. My upload was 24 KB/Sec, and my download was 212, when I ran a test online. That leads me to believe that my line is "actually" 32up/256 down, although maybe not.

Does this meet minimum XBL requirements? XBL is a large part of the reason I want an xbox. I'd like a "real" answer if possible, and no speculation. I know I shouldn't host games with this connection, but will I be able to play halo 2 and burnout on Live with it?

Other Qs:

How hard is panzer dragoon orta to find these days?

What do I need to do to get my Xbox live-enabled, if the DSL box is on another level of the house? A laptop communicates with the DSL box wirelessly in the room the xbox will be in, though. Is it true that if I drop the Xbox on my head it will most likely induce death and/or coma?

You'd never be able to host a game that wasn't one on one, but you should be able to join games. Panzer can be found on Ebay fairly easy.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Thanks for the quick reply. The reason I'm so worried is one of my friends said he was fairly certain that a moderately high upload (like 64) was required for XBL. I thought even the slowest "always on" connection was speedy enough to use the service.

Top Bottom