• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBox tech question (hard drive related)

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Hey, does anyone know whether you can swap the hard drives in two different XBoxes without causing any problems? Or, is the hd in each XBox coded for that particular console?

Any help would be appreciated.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Hm. By default, they're locked, right?

See, I'm trying to install a modchip in my console. It's been a drawn out process and at some point during the whole thing, the screw hole on my console's motherboard that holds the chip in place became stripped. So, I was going to go ahead and install the chip in my friend's XBox and then just swap our hard drives. Seeing as how I can't get the modchip to work in my console, though, there's no way I can unlock it.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
is it the stock HD?

The stock one should be locked by default I believe, a new one would be unlocked unless you lock it with config magic or similar.

checkout xbox-scene before you do anything drastic. Of course you could always try it and then swap them back if it doesn't work.

Top Bottom