• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XboxMediaCenter (XBMC) 2004-10-29 CVS build

COCKLES

being watched
It's that time again...at your usual FTP/BT stockist.

XboxMediaCenter (XBMC) 2004-10-29 CVS build

>> A new CVS compile of XboxMediaCenter(info) has been released today.
What's new/fixed (since 10-17 build (v1.1.0 point release)):
* added: In slideshow/pictures viewing, thumbnails are automatically generated as each picture is displayed.
* added: SF patch [ 1048648 ] Fix MP3 Parser due to change in multi-genre handling - thanks kraqh3d!
* added: partial addition of SF patch [ 1050489 ] Music OSD Timeout - thanks kraqh3d!
* added: New Slideshow
* added: context menu is mapped to TITLE on the remote
* added: dialog to allow user to do a reboot instead of reset
* added: Kai(info) password is displayed using *'s in the GUI.
* added: ssl support to python
* added: python dll loading, this means python can now make use of extension .pyd (make sure you update your python/lib directory)
* added: USB Keyboard support (see keymap.xml for mapping)
* added: New Filemanager
* added: New setting to disable the display of tracknumbers in My Music
* added: New setting to remove Parent Dir items from lists + thumbpanels
* added: List Controls now display the thumbs instead of just icons
* fixed: Filemanager defaults to sort ascending by filename.
* fixed: Thumb aspect ratios now default to the pixel ratio standards (rather than the video settings pixel ratio), making skinning more predictable.
* fixed: filemanager didn't display computername in path
* fixed: selecting Xecuter3 LCD would cause errors when running in debug mode
* fixed: selecting Xenium LCD would show up as having selected Xecuter3 and the opposite when returning to setting screen.
* fixed: Autoshutdown now checks for FTP activity (SF Bug #1051210)
* fixed: Hide File extension and Parent Dir Items clash in General Settings
* fixed: Slideshow aspect ratio
* fixed: some fixes and additions to the socket emulation in the dll loader
* fixed: Flashing green bar in video
* fixed: mplayer leaks memory (next partial fix) audio render wasn't being freed
* fixed: memleaks in RSS feed reader
* fixed: possible memleak in filezilla
* fixed: [ 1049621 ] hdd spindown broken
* changed: removed .nfo from XboxMediaCenter.xml default and added .rar|.001
* changed: Greek language file (Thnx to modon)
* changed: Slovenian language file (Thnx to hijacker)
* changed: Dutch language file (Thnx to joepmeloenx)
* changed: Maltese language file (Author unknown)
* changed: Using less memory for video playback now
* changed: libcdio updated to 0.70 (Thnx to Mog)
* updated: Oct 24th compiled mplayer.dll
* updated: added .001 to be handled as rar in Util.cpp (used with ccxstream_unrar for streaming video from rar files)
* updated: XLink-KAI Private / Clan arena (alpha) support.
* updated: German language file
* updated: Italian language file (Thnx to kotix)
* updated: German (Austrian) language file (Thnx to CEOMR)
* updated: German language file

Official Site: http://www.xboxmediacenter.com / http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmc
Download Binaries: n/a (built with XDK)
Download SourceCode: here
News-Source: xbins.org :D

I'm finding the point release to have superior video quality than the previous CVS releases. Not sure if I should bother upgrading or not...

COCKLES

being watched
Point release finally got RealMedia working for me. So like you I'll stick with that for the time being.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
which date was the point release? I've doenloaded the 29th version, but want to make sure I get a good build to replace my 26th Sep one that is fairly stable.

Can anyone confirm if this lets you ff PAL res movies, as my current old September version does, but apparantly it got broke (720x576 res stuff as delivered from my Tivo)

border

I am new to all this, and I have the release that came right before this one. Is there any reason to upgrade? If I do, do I just overwrite all the files in the old XBMC directory?

Also -- I downloaded an AVI of a TV show, and it was supposed to have been encoded in AC3 5.1 audio. But on playback, my receiver didn't seem to be getting a 5.1 signal and I just had to run it with DPL. Is there something I need to do to get surround sound in XBMC?

Kon Tiki

Banned
border said:
I am new to all this, and I have the release that came right before this one. Is there any reason to upgrade? If I do, do I just overwrite all the files in the old XBMC directory?

Also -- I downloaded an AVI of a TV show, and it was supposed to have been encoded in AC3 5.1 audio. But on playback, my receiver didn't seem to be getting a 5.1 signal and I just had to run it with DPL. Is there something I need to do to get surround sound in XBMC?
I would not install a cvs overtop of another one. Make 2 directories or del the other one completely and upload ther new one. If you have SMB shares, just copy the share section to the new xml file.

Society said:
I would not install a cvs overtop of another one. Make 2 directories or del the other one completely and upload ther new one.
And also make sure you delete your XBMC save file in your dashboard before running the new version.

border

Not sure if I can name the show given how some mods are unfairly jumpy about that sort of thing. It is definitely in the public domain! =)

The file description on Suprnova specifically says "1x05 - HRHD - AC3.5.1 - VFUA".

I haven't bothered to check if the audio is actually a 5.1 stream (maybe just a mislabelled release), but the filesize (700Mb for a 40 minute show) would certainly lead me to believe that there is something taking up a lot of extra disk space.

Top Bottom