• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

bodine1231

slayn said:
I do barely any side content (although I do fully explore every map which accounts for probably 80% of my xp) and I still find the game really easy short of fighting high level uniques I'm probably not supposed to go after yet or accidentally getting stomped on by level 70+ monster.

From what I hear the difficulty comes from fighting the non-story monsters. It's sort of the same as in every JRPG really,especially the Final Fantasy games. The summon bosses and extra bosses are always way harder than the main game.

Not trying to be an ass or rub salt into open wounds, but it's not rare for Zavvi to have horrible delivery times. I thought that was know by now? Sorry RPGCrazied :(.

MYE

Sennorin said:
The only good Wii-game that was released in Europe but not in the USA is Another Code: R. You didn´t miss anything else worth playing.

New Play Control PIKMIN 2?

And yes, Disaster was awesome.

Aeana

Lord Ghirahim said:
Not much. I don't think I've spent more than 5 hours on side quests. Most of it was dying too.
That explains it. Doing the sidequests will boost your level significantly to the point that a lot of stuff will just be fairly easy. It's unfortunate but not at all unexpected.

Aeana said:
That explains it. Doing the sidequests will boost your level significantly to the point that a lot of stuff will just be fairly easy. It's unfortunate but not at all unexpected.

Does the game ever move away from this formula?

I don't have a problem with it, but I'm dreading some insane difficulty spike.

bodine1231

Anabuhabkuss said:
Can someone comment on the music and overall atmosphere?

That picture posted by Durante above looks beautiful and peaceful. Does the game have real time weather change (LOL, I know but I still have to ask).

Thanks.

The music is great and it also fits very well with whatever environment your in. When your out in the plains its very cheery and poppy compared to when your in the swamp and its very low key and somber. The music also changes in some spots depending on what time of day it is.

MYE

Sennorin

Banned
I actually take the easy combat as plus, since it emphasizes focus on exploration and not on difficult fights, which would get annoying quickly. Yes, it´s all very level-based, but I think that Xenoblade does a pretty good job at hiding that fact due to great fun it provides overall.

MYE said:
And yes, Disaster was awesome.

If it was made by THQ, maybe.

Anabuhabkuss said:
Can someone comment on the music and overall atmosphere?

That picture posted by Durante above looks beautiful and peaceful. Does the game have real time weather change (LOL, I know but I still have to ask).

Thanks.

The game does have a weather system too.

Alrus said:
How underleved do you have to be to get the "kill a higher level monster" achievement? I took out a named lvl 40 monster when I was lvl 37 and I didn't get it :(

Dunban has an awesome aura that boosts Accuracy. Allows you to tackle higher level monsters with "ease". Dunban is pretty awesome all in all, he can be insanely fast and he dodges most attacks, probably my fav character right now.
I have looking for trouble which is 5, I don't have the next one which I think is 10

Aeana said:

What if you go and do the sidequests much later? Doing Colony 9 sidequests shouldn't raise my level at this point, right? I just got
Monado「人」

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Sennorin said:
The only good Wii-game that was released in Europe but not in the USA is Another Code: R. You didn´t miss anything else worth playing.
I'm speaking more of Japan.

If the system were region free, the issue wouldn't be as significant, but Nintendo both forbids you from playing alternate region games while also denying some of those games release in the US.

MoogPaul

Ugh. NYC Monday afternoon and still no package from GAME. Pre-ordered and it said it shipped a week ago today. Do I really have to suffer another day of playing Nier?

Codeblue

Anabuhabkuss said:
Thank you, guys. My interest in this game is now reaching levels of borderline obsession. I've asked a mate in London to shop for me. Just need to get a Wii. Homebrew is fairly straightforward? That's the bit I'm worried about.

Homebrew is the easiest part.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
CruxisMana said:
Does the game ever move away from this formula?

I don't have a problem with it, but I'm dreading some insane difficulty spike.

I would say in the last 1/4th to 1/5th of the game the side quests are no longer giving out significant amounts of experience, and there aren't nearly as many anymore, so they no longer really level you as much. But this is around the part of the game where you realize you are at a high enough level to go back and grind on those higher level enemies you saw at the beginning of the game, if you really feel like grinding. Also
after a certain part of the game enemies at a higher level than you no longer end up butchering you for being 5-6 levels below them. You no longer miss just for being a lower level and it can be fun taking on the higher level enemies.
Not exactly a spoiler, but just in case.

bodine1231

Anabuhabkuss said:
Thank you, guys. My interest in this game is now reaching levels of borderline obsession. I've asked a mate in London to shop for me. Just need to get a Wii. Homebrew is fairly straightforward? That's the bit I'm worried about.

Very easy if you follow the instructions to the letter. Don't 'try stuff' lol.

Dragon

Banned
JumpingTheGun said:
order dispatched from Game.uk last Wednesday. Should I bother getting my hopes up before I get home to check the mail?

Looks like most people are getting it at least a week after it dispatches. But who knows you could be one of the lucky ones.

Duderz

Banned
Oh man the wait is getting unbearable.

365games still shows my order as being refunded despite getting an email from them last week about it being shipped today. I just emailed them about it, hopefully I hear from them soon.

In SoCal btw.

Nix

Banned
Nothing yet, but it's not so bad seeing as how my Wii is currently in storage =/. PS3 is keeping me busy.

Zavvi always takes too much time to ship, I really hope I find something good for The Last Story and Pandora's Tower. Man, I should have just done a cultural exchange with Europe.

Stage On

Duderz said:
Oh man the wait is getting unbearable.

365games still shows my order as being refunded despite getting an email from them last week about it being shipped today. I just emailed them about it, hopefully I hear from them soon.

I'm having the same problem. Geeze they can't even ship it out when they say that will... *sigh*

I wonder who I should go with next time.

It's been awhile since RPGCrazied posted here. must be writing his goodbye letter lol jk

Hoping to come home to a package. I'll play as much as I can since I have work in the morning!

Buttons

My order from cd-wow has still not shipped. Really sucks when you preorder but the game is backlogged on the day of release already. :( Oh well, at least it was really cheap compared to the other sites...

You guys didn't promise too much on the Gaur Plains. Seriously, how is this even possible on the old Wii?

Amazing draw distance and scale, tons of foliage, "dynamic" lighting, weather effects, hardly any load times and on top of that amazing art and super smooth framerate. *Bow*

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
DMPrince said:
It's been awhile since RPGCrazied posted here. must be writing his goodbye letter lol jk

Hoping to come home to a package. I'll play as much as I can since I have work in the morning!

He's like the motherfucking Trix rabbit for this game.

Ragus

Banned
zdjciez.jpg

zdjcie1v.jpg

LET'S DO THIS HELL YEAAA

ps. I didn't know that Classic Controller Pro is so comfortable.

Ragus

Banned
InsertNameHere said:
Did you get that from GAME and are you in the US? If so, I'm way sad. Where do you live?

No, I am a poor guy from a country which is often called The Mexico of Europe. Yes, I am from Poland.

RPGCrazied

DMPrince said:

Nah. I figured I'd go do something else then see this thread. The hype and seeing people playing it, is to much! I can't believe someone in North Texas has it now. I asked when they shipped it, but he didn't say. :(

Alrus

BlazingDarkness said:
I only just realised that you can 'gift' items you find in the field to members of your team to raise affinity

Oh man I completely forgot about that function... I noticed it while checking achievements (some of them require you to gift things to certain characters) and then never used it. I can finally stop switching characters when I talk to quest givers.

BlazingDarkness said:
I only just realised that you can 'gift' items you find in the field to members of your team to raise affinity

What? This changes everything.

Edit: Just tried it, seems like you'd need to do it a lot to make a difference, but I guess it helps in the long run.

Does anybody have anymore tips for getting unique monsters to respawn? I've tried warping there and back, saving and reloading, changing the time of day, everything I can think of and the Violent Andante just will not respawn. It's starting to become a considerable pain in the arse.

Alrus

Die Squirrel Die said:
Does anybody have anymore tips for getting unique monsters to respawn? I've tried warping there and back, saving and reloading, changing the time of day, everything I can think of and the Violent Andante just will not respawn. It's starting to become a considerable pain in the arse.

Find a spot where you can easily check if the monster has spawned and save/reload. That's the easiest way.

Top Bottom