• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

FG7Sz.png

This page needs more Reyn time.

wsippel

Banned
Anyone remembers which monsters drop jagged tails? I had a dozen or two, but sold them because my inventory was full (and it didn't seem rare, judging by the amount of those things I had), and now I need three and can't remember where I got them. :(

Also, how exactly am I supposed to climb Hollow Bone in the mountains to reach the den? Can't find anything to climb there...

I managed to get the last copy left in my nearest GAME today and it happened to come with the controller.

Can't wait to give this a go tomorrow.

Sennorin

Banned
Lol, played another 4 hours just doing sidequest in colony 9. So good. I really like how you get to know all these npcs and how their relationships keep getting connected.

But holy shit, some douchebag soldier sent me to kill a single baby Arma. wtf :(

wsippel

Banned
Sennorin said:
Lol, played another 4 hours just doing sidequest in colony 9. So good. I really like how you get to know all these npcs and how their relationships keep getting connected.

But holy shit, some douchebag soldier sent me to kill a single baby Arma. wtf :(
I also love how some quests give you bad reputation even though you did nothing wrong. There's a quest early on where
you help to develop a new curry recipe. While the curry ends up being incredible, it's too much work to mass produce, so it won't get sold -> customers disappointed, you are in it and therefore lose reputation. Even though (or because) you did your job and the result was awesome.
:)

There are also some multiple choice quests where the seemingly evil choice is actually the right choice. Great stuff. Only thing I don't like is that in fetch quests with several options, whichever condition you fulfill first counts. And you usually already have the items for the "bad" outcome (which, funnily enough, is actually the "correct" solution in some cases).

I'm currently level
with
hours on the clock, and have completed
sidequests! Main story-wise I've just left
Frontier Village with Riki and Melia
<- Location spoiler

Needless to say it's definitely my favourite RPG this gen, and I don't think I'm even half way through

Cactus

Banned
Stage On said:
Lucky, My status still says processing refund so I had to send em an e-mail asking "what happened to sending it on monday?"

Same with me. Did you get any sort of response yet?

RPGCrazied

Bennettt2 said:
Okay, so I bought a CCP for this game and now people are saying wiimote is superior. So what's the verdict then?

CCP.

Feels more natural with that. Wiimote you have to hold a button down to rotate the camera.

McNum

So I reached
Makna Forest
today. Wow. That place is pretty. I loved the short intro to it, though, perfect use of the "Wait, what?" style of cuts.
Path, Melia's legs, waterfall, bridge.
Wait, what was that second one again? The way there through
Bionis' Interior
was pretty creepy. You know something bad is going to go down in that area later. It has "difficult boss fight" written all over it.

Speaking of
Melia
. Uh, how does she work? Tried taking her into battle and... I don't get it. The enemies died, but she don't really mesh with any of the others as far as I can tell. I hope she gets a Topple attack, or that Shulk gets one soon. Break -> Topple -> Daze is good.

Also overall experience with the game so far is good, it has a soothing feel to it. Soothing isn't the right word, I think, but the game just flows slowly along, even when you're fighting. Just calm playing along. I think it's the music.

A funny little touch is an achievement I "earned": "Terminal Velocity". Yup, there's one for falling to your death. I... got knocked off a high cliff by a bird.

TDLink

Anabuhabkuss said:
365games.co.uk has free US delivery? Am I reading this correctly? :( ETA to get it shipped?

I ordered mine near the beginning of this month and it was shipped this morning...but it didn't release until Friday. I saw a few other people ordered from them yesterday and it also shipped this morning...so my bet is that they'll just despatch it the day after order now that it is out.

kiryogi

Banned
RPGCrazied said:
CCP.

Feels more natural with that. Wiimote you have to hold a button down to rotate the camera.
And exactly what's so unnatural about having to hold a button to rotate the camera? Its a perfect fit with how the wiimote set up works. Very natural.

RPGCrazied

kiryogi said:
And exactly what's so unnatural about having to hold a button to rotate the camera? Its a perfect fit with how the wiimote set up works. Very natural.

Well. I'm use to playing this way since the PS2 jRPG's days. If you think the Wiimote feels more natural, more power to you. :)

bh7812

Banned
My copy arrived in the mail today! I'm in the US, in the Chicago area for location reference. My Wii has been modded for quite some time so it's all ready to go! I even have an external HDD so I think I'm going to set my Wii up to do Configurable USB loader and play it off the HDD. It's probably a wise choice judging by how massive this game appears to be and how much time I'm likely going to be spending with it. My Wii's disc drive is still in excellent shape, but I'd rather be safe and play via HDD than be sorry and have the disc drive give out now. The original modding part was ridiculously easy, setting it up to run off the HDD shouldn't be a problem.

On the last page I saw a few people on the East Coast still waiting for it and I'm downright shocked I got mine before any of you! I figured East Coasters would have it by Friday, Saturday at the latest. So RPGCrazied and DMPrince should have theirs by tomorrow I'd think, I'd be really surprised if it doesn't get there until Wednesday.

But wanted to post and let everyone know that people in the US ARE starting to get their packages in, but it appears to be arriving gradually depending on the area you're in. Here's hoping most of the US importers will have their copies by the end of the week!

kiryogi

Banned
McNum said:
So I reached
Makna Forest
today. Wow. That place is pretty. I loved the short intro to it, though, perfect use of the "Wait, what?" style of cuts.
Path, Melia's legs, waterfall, bridge.
Wait, what was that second one again? The way there through
Bionis' Interior
was pretty creepy. You know something bad is going to go down in that area later. It has "difficult boss fight" written all over it.

Speaking of
Melia
. Uh, how does she work? Tried taking her into battle and... I don't get it. The enemies died, but she don't really mesh with any of the others as far as I can tell. I hope she gets a Topple attack, or that Shulk gets one soon. Break -> Topple -> Daze is good.

Also overall experience with the game so far is good, it has a soothing feel to it. Soothing isn't the right word, I think, but the game just flows slowly along, even when you're fighting. Just calm playing along. I think it's the music.

A funny little touch is an achievement I "earned": "Terminal Velocity". Yup, there's one for falling to your death. I... got knocked off a high cliff by a bird.
Melia is the only character that has an instant topple attack that works on nearly any enemies including bosses. Its why she's the cheesiest character and best :D in terms of using her, she's an ether powerhouse with crazy aoe dealing spells. Use in conjunction with her sleep spell as well.

bh7812 said:
My copy arrived in the mail today! I'm in the US, in the Chicago area for location reference. My Wii has been modded for quite some time so it's all ready to go! I even have an external HDD so I think I'm going to set my Wii up to do Configurable USB loader and play it off the HDD. It's probably a wise choice judging by how massive this game appears to be and how much time I'm likely going to be spending with it. My Wii's disc drive is still in excellent shape, but I'd rather be safe and play via HDD than be sorry and have the disc drive give out now. The original modding part was ridiculously easy, setting it up to run off the HDD shouldn't be a problem.

On the last page I saw a few people on the East Coast still waiting for it and I'm downright shocked I got mine before any of you! I figured East Coasters would have it by Friday, Saturday at the latest. So RPGCrazied and DMPrince should have theirs by tomorrow I'd think, I'd be really surprised if it doesn't get there until Wednesday.

But wanted to post and let everyone know that people in the US ARE starting to get their packages in, but it appears to be arriving gradually depending on the area you're in. Here's hoping most of the US importers will have their copies by the end of the week!

Hey there fellow chicago importer who I am exponentially jealous of haha...so which place did you import it from? BTW I am taking this as a means to get excited that I may just get my package tomorrow.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
12 hours in... Holy shit I need to sleep after playing all last night, but my body craves Xenoblade more than sleep right now.

Diablos54

kunonabi said:
Well my copy has made it to Croyden. That's London right?
Assuming you mean Croydon, then yes, it's South London.

I picked up my copy this morning, and put a good 8 hours in today! :D I just got through
the Thichta (or however you spell it :p) cave.
Simply put, it's fantastic, just fantastic. I've speant waaaay too long on sidequests already, well, not long enough actually it's all so good.

VillageBC

Bennettt2 said:
Okay, so I bought a CCP for this game and now people are saying wiimote is superior. So what's the verdict then?

wiimote for me. Just had a baby, easier to cradle her in one arm holding the nunchunk and mote in the other hand. Can't get the proper position with the CC. Don't have the pro, but I assume it's similar. Also, trying it with the CC. I don't like the fact I can't choose my next talent while moving. It's one or the other.

For the combat bits I think the wiimote is better.
For the inventory stuff, probably the cc.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
VillageBC said:
wiimote for me. Just had a baby, easier to cradle her in one arm holding the nunchunk and mote in the other hand. Can't get the proper position with the CC. Don't have the pro, but I assume it's similar. Also, trying it with the CC. I don't like the fact I can't choose my next talent while moving. It's one or the other.

For the combat bits I think the wiimote is better.
For the inventory stuff, probably the cc.

I picked up a classic controller pro today, only because the camera was down-right annoying to deal with. The Wiimote is still very good though.

So I think I've done all the time limited Bionis Leg quests, now to get on
reconstructing Colony 6
. I can already tell I'm going to completely lose myself in it and forget about the main story for a good long while.

RPGCrazied

bh7812 said:

Someone from North Texas got his copy today. That's about where I am. Of course we got it from different sites, but ASDA and Zavvi have the same type shipping. The free one. I should get it tomorrow. We shall see though.

kiryogi

Banned
Die Squirrel Die said:
So I think I've done all the time limited Bionis Leg quests, now to get on
reconstructing Colony 6
. I can already tell I'm going to completely lose myself in it and forget about the main story for a good long while.
Not really, you can only get so far on that quest before you hit a wall. More of it becomes available as you proceed.

Aeana

RPGCrazied said:
Someone from North Texas got his copy today. That's about where I am. Of course we got it from different sites, but ASDA and Zavvi have the same type shipping. The free one. I should get it tomorrow. We shall see though.
Her!

But yeah, you should really get yours tomorrow or that'll be super weird.

bh7812

Banned
Truezeldafan said:
Hey there fellow chicago importer who I am exponentially jealous of haha...so which place did you import it from? BTW I am taking this as a means to get excited that I may just get my package tomorrow.

Hey there! I ordered from Game, and they shipped it last Tuesday..said 4-6 business days so they were well within that and I'm very pleased with Game with it being my first importing experience from them :)

I am in the South Suburbs, so I am truly surprised you didn't get yours today too! I knew there was a fellow Chicagoan waiting on their copy as well but could not remember your screen name for the life of me! I would say definitely tomorrow for you, with being in the same area and everything :)

bh7812

Banned
RPGCrazied said:

I sure hope you do! You have been super excited for this game so there's NO way you're going to dislike it. From everything I'm reading it's the best game we will have played in years. I have been waiting for an excellent JRPG for a long time as well. My JRPG days go back to the Super NES days. and while I loved some of the JRPGs this gen like Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon there definitely hasn't been many good old fashioned JRPGs this gen, that's for sure. So I'm grateful NOE went through with the localization.

Zornica

Banned
i am about 30 hours in now
(capital city floating over the ocean)
and got a ton of new time limited quests.
anyone who knows at which point they run out? (i dont care for spoilers, just tell me please)

kiryogi

Banned
Zornica said:
i am about 30 hours in now
(capital city floating over the ocean)
and got a ton of new time limited quests.
anyone who knows at which point they run out? (i dont care for spoilers, just tell me please)

When you're finished on Mechonis. Something big goes down that ultimately changes things for Archmonde. The game will ask you yes or no when it comes to it.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
So, these quests with the clock aren't actually real time limited, just affected by future events that willl only unfold if you proceed with the story?

Top Bottom