• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

bubnbob

Banned
kiryogi said:
When you're finished on Mechonis. Something big goes down that ultimately changes things for Archmonde. The game will ask you yes or no when it comes to it.

I am well past the guy who asked, so let me clarify that at your point, you have -plenty- of time to do quests. I haven't even hit the part in this spoiler yet.

I just got the final character.

bh7812 said:
Hey there! I ordered from Game, and they shipped it last Tuesday..said 4-6 business days so they were well within that and I'm very pleased with Game with it being my first importing experience from them :)

I am in the South Suburbs, so I am truly surprised you didn't get yours today too! I knew there was a fellow Chicagoan waiting on their copy as well but could not remember your screen name for the life of me! I would say definitely tomorrow for you, with being in the same area and everything :)

Woooow south burbs? I am literally in the south burbs myself (flossmor/Country Club Hills area)... AND I ordered from game...Alright Im gonna try my best to hold my excitement these next 15 hours or so...and if I don't get it tomorrow, just pm me your address, Im sure you wouldn't mind a visit from a completely random stranger on the internets...(please don't take that seriously) HA!

Reveirg

yursnhere said:
I received my game today from game.uk!! I am in California for what it's worth.

Wow, that's surprising. I would've thought people on the east coast would've received it before.

Good to know at least one person received it from game.

Leeness

anaron said:
Praise Top Model's light for bestowing its use in this world.

Haha, yeah... Top Model spawns a lot of hilarious gifs.

I also have a question for people in here about unlocking my Wii. I know there's the letterbomb method now, but I don't have great wi-fi, so I have a feeling I probably won't be able to get it to work, so...

Am I still able to use the other method people give? Or would it be better to maybe take my Wii to a friend's place with wi-fi and just use the letterbomb method?

Leeness said:

I also have a question for people in here about unlocking my Wii. I know there's the letterbomb method now, but I don't have great wi-fi, so I have a feeling I probably won't be able to get it to work, so...

Am I still able to use the other method people give? Or would it be better to maybe take my Wii to a friend's place with wi-fi and just use the letterbomb method?

You can certainly use other methods to install the Homebrew Channel (all of which involve different game exploits), but if you want to install anything else it will be about 46 million times easier with an internet connection. My WiFi is sketchy, so I tried doing it without it at first, but it was a pain.

So if you want a much easier time, ask a friend if you can visit for a half-hour and do everything there.

And, as always, the best place for info/instructions:

bubnbob

Banned
Leeness said:

I'm pretty sure you don't need WiFi for Letterbomb. It makes the "bomb" right there on the website and you download it, and you just pop in your SD Card.

Sophia

bubnbob said:
I'm pretty sure you don't need WiFi for Letterbomb. It makes the "bomb" right there on the website and you download it, and you just pop in your SD Card.

Correct. The Mac Address is only there so that the Wii communicates with the exploit. You don't actually need a connection once the exploit is on your card.

28 hours in. Just left
Prison Island...

bonesmindblown.gif

Leeness

Marrshu said:
Correct. The Mac Address is only there so that the Wii communicates with the exploit. You don't actually need a connection once the exploit is on your card.

But do you need it for the Mac address?

Thanks for the link and advice, SecretMoblin, I'll probably end up popping over to someone's place if I need to. Letterbomb probably sounds like the easiest way. :)

Sophia

Leeness said:
But do you need it for the Mac address?

Thanks for the link and advice, SecretMoblin, I'll probably end up popping over to someone's place if I need to. Letterbomb probably sounds like the easiest way. :)

I don't believe so. The address is a part of the Wii itself.

matmanx1

Mine shipped out from Zavvi on the 15th which was a week ago today. I wasn't really expecting it to get here this quickly but if other people in the States are already getting their copies then hopefully it won't be to much longer.

jgwhiteus

Anyone in the US who ordered from 365 Games have their order shipped or get any updates? I got that email last week about canceling the order if I wanted, and it said otherwise they'd ship out Monday the 22nd - but I didn't get any shipping updates today, and my order status still says "Processing Refund" (which I understood from some discussion last week that I could ignore).

Thinking of placing an order somewhere else if this doesn't get resolved by tomorrow.

TDLink

jgwhiteus said:
Anyone in the US who ordered from 365 Games have their order shipped or get any updates? I got that email last week about canceling the order if I wanted, and it said otherwise they'd ship out Monday the 22nd - but I didn't get any shipping updates today, and my order status still says "Processing Refund" (which I understood from some discussion last week that I could ignore).

Thinking of placing an order somewhere else if this doesn't get resolved by tomorrow.

Mine shipped, send them a support ticket.

Diffense

Awesome review; good for a laugh.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R1QLEYGJAD4B6C/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R1QLEYGJAD4B6C

I was looking forward to playing the game on the wii, but as I read the instructions I was a bit surprised to find out no instructions on how to swing the wii and use buttons to attack. It turns out, that to attack and fight monsters you instead choose a sword symbol. What? I put the game on and low and behold, I was dumbfounded. What a waste of money and an incredibly stupid idea. I want to swing the wii like a sword. Picking sword symbols to say chop left, or chop right is ridiculous. It's not exactly realistic when you're fighting people and loses the momentum of the moment. I urge you DON'T BUY THIS GAME IF YOU ACTUALLY WANT TO SWING THE WII LIKE A SWORD. Which is what you might expect to do for a game like this. I'm just going to wait until Zelda skyward sword and not waste my money on any more awful games.

BTW, be wary of spoilers in customer reviews.
I just stumbled on this via google and thought it very funny.

Leeness

Marrshu said:
I don't believe so. The address is a part of the Wii itself.

Huh. Okay. I'll give it a try once I get my Wii back from my sister. :) Thanks everyone for your help. Hopefully in the next month, I will have a modded Wii and Xenoblade!

Diffense

RPGCrazied said:
You're funny. Tomorrow is looking good for me though.

I am afraid to utter the word 'tomorrow' anymore.
I think I'd better take my mind off the game and be surprised when it arrives.
Tuesday will represent one calendar week since my order was dispatched.

60h10, levels are 54 except for one character, and I'm just before the entrance of
Galahad Fortress

There are 3 named and one "fortress" before that point I'd like to take down but since every (surprise) sidequests are time-limited I need to grind before the area becomes unreachable. Problem is I don't have a lot of sidequests left to do (mostly early ones or that give 0 XP) and grinding normal enemies takes forever at that stage.
Does someone know if the cutoff point for the quests from
Sword Valley
is? Is it the end of the next dungeon or do I have a bit more time? If I do, I'll come back later with some more levels instead of focusing on grinding.

Diffense said:
I am afraid to utter the word 'tomorrow' anymore.
I think I'd better take my mind off the game and be surprised when it arrives.
Tuesday will represent one calendar week since my order was dispatched.

This is the correct attitude to have.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This game isn't going to be a pain in the ass to find in like October, will it? I think I'm going to wait until then to buy it since I've got Deus Ex tomorrow.

kiryogi

Banned
Twilight Princess said:
Lv68 boss spoiler
I'm too under leveled for
gadolf
. Don't want to grind :|
Yeah fun bit is endgame throws a big curve at you @ what lvl you need to be to proceed.

Zafir said:
I finished Trinity myself 2 months back, really enjoyed it. The sidequests in Xenoblade actually resemble the ones in trinity quite well really. It's the same kind of system, where you'll have a percentage of meaningful quests, and then the rest are filler quests which don't give any story, just killing mobs, finding items etc.

In the same sense of the named NPCs which you bump into in taverns or guilds in Trinity, you'll get the same kind of thing in towns in Xenoblade. Where you'll come across quite a few named individuals which give insight about them and their connections to people when you talk to them. They'll also give quests, which build on them and their relationship to other named individuals in the town. As you progress through the story, more quests unlock which naturally keep building on their story.

That sounds ideal. Any penalty for skipping quests that aren't from named NPCs? Do you get anything for doing every single quest? In Trinity I pretty much ignored the Adventurer's Guild and just spent a lot of time going to all the shops and taverns as those quests felt meaningful.

Lately I've been playing nothing but Wii games in anticipation of Xenoblade. I've knocked GoldenEye 007, No More Heroes 2, and Metroid: Other M off of my backlog in the last week. Feels good man. The longer it takes to come, the more likely I will be able to beat Sonic Colors too.

There are plenty of good games to play while waiting for it to be delivered. But once it is, everything else will get swept aside! :eek:

After finally learning that my bank was blocking all UK-based transactions on my card last week (took 4 separate calls to find out why Game and Zavvi were both cancelling my pre-orders!), I placed an order for the ccp bundle on amazon.de last friday, they charged me and shipped it the next day.

Unfortunately, their estimate for it arriving here in Chicago is Sept. 7th lol. All for the best, I guess, as I'm going camping over Labor Day, and I know if I actually had the game before then, I just might have bailed on the camping!

Really looking forward to another wii rpg. last one I played through was Fire Emblem.

Feep

Banned
Enough of this Zaavi bullshit. I am ordering my friend in Frankfurt to pick this game up before she leaves tomorrow to come to LA. I'll just sell the second copy to a friend; I'm sure I can hardsell it to someone.

jgwhiteus said:

Mine still says processing refund :(.

Chairhome

Feep said:
Enough of this Zaavi bullshit. I am ordering my friend in Frankfurt to pick this game up before she leaves tomorrow to come to LA. I'll just sell the second copy to a friend; I'm sure I can hardsell it to someone.
If you're selling it for less than $50 shipped, hit me up :-D.

pgtl_10

I contacted 365games and they told me that they sent me an email about the game not being in my region. They said that if I want the game to email back saying so. I did that and am waiting for a reply. My order still says processing refund.

To me this is garbage. Why ship to the USA if you do not want to?

jgwhiteus said:

pgtl_10 said:
I contacted 365games and they told me that they sent me an email about the game not being in my region. They said that if I want the game to email back saying so. I did that and am waiting for a reply. My order still says processing refund.

This is kind of weird, I order mine from them on sunday and its already got shipped. How much were you guys getting charged for shipping, i picked the (International - Rest of World) for £0.49

pgtl_10 said:

I didn't have any problems when I ordered Another Code R last month. I ordered it and it came like 8 days later. I got no emails about it not being in my region or anything. What a joke!

Despera

Banned
You guys are probably tired of hearing this line, but...

This game is fucking awesome. Glad that everyone is having fun playing it right now :)

Top Bottom