• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

McNum

RPGCrazied said:
Not that it means anything for America, but Gametrailers posted new videos from GC? What convention is that? Also its from the EU version. :lol

Salt to the wounds.

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/xenoblade/11433

Also, I'm sure there are spoilers in there, GT likes to do that in videos. Be warned.
The
Tentacle Mechon
fight was painful to watch. Hey, GT?
Use Monado Enchant so Sharla and Reyn can hurt the boss!

RPGCazied's feelings and situation reminds me exactly of this old Calvin and Hobbes strip where Calvin orders a Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs Beanie and is going insane waiting for it. Singlehandedly my fav C & H adventure of them all. Apologies for the size of the strip. It was kinda tough to find.

Beanie2.gif

Pietepiet

RPGCrazied said:
I guess. But when did gametrailers start covering EU only games?

Considering GamesCom is one of the biggest events of the year (I think the visitor count is actually the biggest of all the conventions throughout the year), it's not that surprising that they cover it.

Also, Xenoblade is kind of a special case I guess

RPGCrazied

Mr. Wonderful said:
Okay. It's been a week. My copy from Zavvi could be coming any day now...

Same place as you, Day 11. Don't get your expectations so high. I mean I did, and look what its doing to me. :p

Effect

Sometimes I like to think the gaming media is having fun sticking it to Nintendo of America with all the coverage the game is getting. It deserves it simply for being a great game and that is the real reason. Though one can hope and dream. Here is a great game, getting great reviews, and is 1st party yet NoA refuses to localize it. I like to think NoA is a butt of a lot of jokes and cause of a lot of laughter at NoE and other gaming media offices.

Gvaz

Banned
McNum said:
The
Tentacle Mechon
fight was painful to watch. Hey, GT?
Use Monado Enchant so Sharla and Reyn can hurt the boss!
At least he was using his other talents properly except for backslash (though im guilty of that, sometimes im too lazy to move around the mob)

30 hours now. Location:
Prison Island

HOLY SHIT.

Story (massive spoilers for above location):
Some big twists here! The story has a lot of different aspects now. So Metal Face is Mumkhar and Silver Face is Fiora. In that case who was Xord? I remember someone mentioning a reference to him in Colony 6 quite a few pages ago but I haven't seen the reference in person. I'd love to know what the Faces/Bionis Order and Alvis/Zazza are working towards...

Late game (?) spoiler regarding
Silver Face
. Obviously I haven't progress this far personally but I do know
that Fiora becomes a playable character again later in the game. The person who posted Dolphin screenshots before the games release was playing as her :p

RPGCrazied

mjc said:
Day 12 here. Be strong my friend.

Oh I'm trying. After I get it this game will be old news. I'll be one of the few poor saps working their way through the game. It'll be like a ghost town. :lol

Sallokin

JumpingTheGun said:
RPGCazied's feelings and situation reminds me exactly of this old Calvin and Hobbes strip where Calvin orders a Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs Beanie and is going insane waiting for it. Singlehandedly my fav C & H adventure of them all. Apologies for the size of the strip. It was kinda tough to find.

Beanie2.gif

At least when he gets the game he won't have to suffer the disappointment Calvin goes through when he finally gets his package.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
CruxisMana said:
HOLY SHIT.

Shit, I wanted to quote you to say:

"SOOOO tempting to read those damn spoilers... *must resist*"

... but I forgot it'll unspoiler it for me when quoting. *need to erase my mind*

CruxisMana said:
30 hours now. Location:
Prison Island

HOLY SHIT.

Story (massive spoilers for above location):
Some big twists here! The story has a lot of different aspects now. So Metal Face is Mumkhar and Silver Face is Fiora. In that case who was Xord? I remember someone mentioning a reference to him in Colony 6 quite a few pages ago but I haven't seen the reference in person. I'd love to know what the Faces/Bionis Order and Alvis/Zazza are working towards...

Late game (?) spoiler regarding
Silver Face
. Obviously I haven't progress this far personally but I do know
that Fiora becomes a playable character again later in the game. The person who posted Dolphin screenshots before the games release was playing as her :p
X was probably someone from colony 6, since sharla seems to know the name xord. It is never mentioned again in the main story though. I suspect there might be a story about him in the side quests.

RPGCazied's feelings and situation reminds me exactly of this old Calvin and Hobbes strip where Calvin orders a Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs Beanie and is going insane waiting for it.

Just like me waiting for my Wii to come back from repairs!

Twilight Princess said:
X was probably someone from colony 6, since sharla seems to know the name xord. It is never mentioned again in the main story though. I suspect there might be a story about him in the side quests.

Ah.
I hope there's an opportunity to find out more about him. He's been my favourite antagonist so far.

bubnbob said:
Cruxis is gonna poop his pants.

;D

I usually play JRPG's primarily for the story, so I'm easily drawn in.
A big plot twist was overdue as well.

Ledsen

RPGCrazied said:
Oh I'm trying. After I get it this game will be old news. I'll be one of the few poor saps working their way through the game. It'll be like a ghost town. :lol

A "poor sap" is one of the last things I'd call someone experiencing the game for the first time.

Sennorin

Banned
Kjellson said:
Does anyone know where Trainer Harmeleon is? It says near Spiral Valley but I can't find the bloody thing.

If it is who I think it is, you´ll find him further nord from the Spiral Valley-land mark. Near the cliff with the grave.

K...loving this.

I can't help but think I want british voice overs for all my RPGs...(maybe even all my games...)

Only thing I'm not loving are the controls.

Has anyone tried playing this with the Monster Hunter Tri controller? (I'm at work and I just had the idea to use it...maybe?)

Kjellson said:
Does anyone know where Trainer Harmeleon is? It says near Spiral Valley but I can't find the bloody thing.
He's not actually at spiral valley, I found him near a mountain north from there. He's very small so easy to miss but I think he's with some of those big cow-things (aknu?).

JerkShep

Starwolf_UK said:
I'm missing something from there too. Anyway, did a quick look on Gamefaqs:

Just remember that each ball of light has its own drop table with a certain of list of percentages.

The Japanese wiki has a full list of percentages for each (and you can find which NPCs you can trade for it with), not got time to check though. Sorry.

Oh ok thanks. As for the Japanese wikia should I basically...google translate it right?

bubnbob

Banned
CruxisMana said:
Ah.
I hope there's an opportunity to find out more about him. He's been my favourite antagonist so far.

;D

I usually play JRPG's primarily for the story, so I'm easily drawn in.
A big plot twist was overdue as well.

If you are into stories, Xenoblade will leave you on the bed orgasming

IMO of course, YMMV

bigdaddygamebot said:
K...loving this.

I can't help but think I want british voice overs for all my RPGs...(maybe even all my games...)

Only thing I'm not loving are the controls.

Has anyone tried playing this with the Monster Hunter Tri controller? (I'm at work and I just had the idea to use it...maybe?)

I play it with the CCpro from monster hunter and the controls are great.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
RPGCrazied said:

I still don't have mines either so we can be fashionably late together. I think there are a few others as well.

but then I start to think....I'd really like to play this game this weekend...outside of some house cleaning, I don't have much else to do....so it'd be nice....to see that package in the mailbox...waiting....waiting for me.....for me to open....yeah....opening it now....I've got a boxcutter that makes quick work of the wrinkley brown envelope.....whats this wierd insulation shit...asbestos? Ah anyway.... a quick slice down the celophane, pop open the box...smell the new game smell...turn on the wii... boot up the hombrew channel.....gecko....

I WANT MY MOTHAFUCKING GAME COTDAMMIT OR I'MA CHOKA BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

meppi

bigdaddygamebot said:
You mean the classic controller pro?

I've been using it from the start and it does the job perfectly.

Normally I'm someone who will always go for motion controls if the game was supposed to play with it, like in Mario Kart Wii.
But in this instance I'm perfectly content with the classic controller pro and haven't even thought about using the wiimote+nunchuck combo.

Dascu

Twilight Princess said:
No, he's not
from Colony 6. Xord is actually the father of an NPC (I think Dorothy? Could be wrong) in Colony 9. When you talk to her, she mentions how her father named Xord was a blacksmith and loved to swing his hammer around. He was also killed (or not!) in the big battle with the Mechon.

Curiously enough, she talked about this before it's revealed that the masked Mechon have the souls of Homs. Actually, I haven't even reached the part in the game yet where that's explained; I've only arrived in Alcamoth (I'm just speculating, since it seems rather obvious from the premonitions and that bit of dialogue).

Gvaz

Banned
The stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me:

inescusable fighting game with no actual sword fighting, 21 Aug 2011
By Mr. S. Tomlin "inspiraller" (England) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii) (Video Game)
I was looking forward to playing the game on the wii, but as I read the instructions I was a bit surprised to find out no instructions on how to swing the wii and use buttons to attack. It turns out, that to attack and fight monsters you instead choose a sword symbol. What? I put the game on and low and behold, I was dumbfounded. What a waste of money and an incredibly stupid idea. I want to swing the wii like a sword. Picking sword symbols to say chop left, or chop right is ridiculous. It's not exactly realistic when you're fighting people and loses the momentum of the moment. I urge you DON'T BUY THIS GAME IF YOU ACTUALLY WANT TO SWING THE WII LIKE A SWORD. Which is what you might expect to do for a game like this. I'm just going to wait until Zelda skyward sword and not waste my money on any more awful games.

Gvaz said:
The stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me:

When Xenoblade was first announced, given the name and that it was for the Wii, I thought it was probably going to be a spinoff like Dragon Quest Swords where you actually do this. So glad it turned out to not be the case.

And of course it makes me angry that this guy has the game and I don't :(

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
chaostrophy said:
When Xenoblade was first announced, given the name and that it was for the Wii, I thought it was probably going to be a spinoff like Dragon Quest Swords where you actually do this. So glad it turned out to not be the case.

And of course it makes me angry that this guy has the game and I don't :(

I think its a brilliant troll.

gamingeek said:
UK GAF

Is the nintendo.co.uk free soundtrack download working for you?

I haven't been able to get it to work, keep getting errors and the download cuts out for over a week now.

Downloaded it without any hiccups. I used a download manager though, maybe that helped? If it had crashed I could've easily resumed the download. Didn't need though.

I use Free Download Manager.

Varion

Ulthwe said:
You can bring the map with the "-" button (at least on a CC Pro)
You can, but that limits you to travelling between landmarks in your current area. The menu -> Area Maps method lets you travel between areas without teleporting to the start of the area, move back to the previous one, repeat that most new players end up doing before they realise.

Dascu

Varion said:
You can, but that limits you to travelling between landmarks in your current area. The menu -> Area Maps method lets you travel between areas without teleporting to the start of the area, move back to the previous one, repeat that most new players end up doing before they realise.
...Haha.

Hah.

Dammit.

gamingeek said:
Why the hell should we have to pause the file? It should bloody work from the get go.

They have this stupid time limit period of when you can download it too and the UK contact email form doesn't even work so you can't even submit a help contact request.

I even contacted the webmaster to tell them about the tech fault with the form. The website as a whole is running like shit.

Mine worked fine, took about 20 seconds to DL the whole file.

Top Bottom