• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

RPGCrazied said:
In 2 more days it'll have been 2 weeks when it was shipped. That's a long time for a package to come.
No, it's not and it would be much easier for all of us if you could just accept that. Your ignorance and the resulting tenseness will shorten your life otherwise. :p

MicH

A lot more than I thought are waiting. Great to have someone in the same boat :D (except I believe I'm the only European in the bunch, lol!)

Diffense

RPGCrazied said:
Lol, nothing today. I give up.

That sucks.
I don't know how much consolation it is that other people are still waiting.
But at least it's unlikely that all those copies have been lost.

[The game is definitely worth the wait BTW]

RPGCrazied

Fuck it. I'm off to gamestop to pick up something. El Shaddai or Dues Ex. I can't keep killing myself over this game. It'll get it here when it gets here. I'm just scared something happend to it. Wrote the address wrong? Lost? Stolen?

Just me being paranoid I guess.

Kawl_USC

So is there a consensus on which website it is best to order this in order to import? I've some how managed to avoid hearing about this game until today and now I'm getting all hyped and want to play it, but this will be the first time I've imported anything.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
RPGCrazied said:
In 2 more days it'll have been 2 weeks when it was shipped. That's a long time for a package to come.
It's been a long, long time since I've ordered anything abroad, but shipments from Europe using cheapy first class post will pretty much always take two weeks or so to arrive. I know it's painful, but it WAS free shipping.

Diffense

Kawl_USC said:
So is there a consensus on which website it is best to order this in order to import? I've some how managed to avoid hearing about this game until today and now I'm getting all hyped and want to play it, but this will be the first time I've imported anything.

I've only imported a game once...this one, so I'm in no position to give a comparison.
But I preordered from Game.co.uk; they shipped on the 16th and I got it yesterday, the 25th.
The site is down now but the last I checked they were out of Xenoblade standard editions.
Other posters mention Zavvi, ASDA, 365games, shopto.

RPGCrazied said:
Fuck it. I'm off to gamestop to pick up something. El Shaddai or Dues Ex. I can't keep killing myself over this game. It'll get it here when it gets here. I'm just scared something happend to it. Wrote the address wrong? Lost? Stolen?

just buy Deus sEx on steam! don't even have to leave the house.

meppi

RPGCrazied said:
I'm just scared something happend to it. Wrote the address wrong? Lost? Stolen?

Dude, you ordered from Zavvi right? You should be happy if it arrives in 2-3 weeks time from now. Sorry, but that's just the way it is.
Sure, you can get extremely lucky from time to time, but definitely don't bet on it or you'll end up going crazy.

Go_Ly_Dow

MatthewB92 said:
Question about a quest in
Makna forest.
How do I know when it's a hot day?
Most likely don't need spoilers but still lol.

Should be a Sun symbol on the field screen somewhere. I would probably spoiler tag the location name instead of the bit you have!

Princess Skittles said:
It's been a long, long time since I've ordered anything abroad, but shipments from Europe using cheapy first class post will pretty much always take two weeks or so to arrive. I know it's painful, but it WAS free shipping.

I paid like 6 pounds for shipping, which is what, like 8-9 bucks?

CruxisMana said:
Fair enough, I suppose.

I don't imagine the
High Entia Tomb
is a benchmark in terms of the quality of later dungeons and I couldn't be bothered to walk to the top of
Prison Island so I used the teleporters, so perhaps I might warm to it a little more if I do some more exploring.
God, HET has already faded from my memory. It is probably the weakest area of all. Don't worry, the later dungeons are pretty good, although not of the same caliber as frontier village or the leg.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
RPGCrazied said:
Fuck it. I'm off to gamestop to pick up something. El Shaddai or Dues Ex. I can't keep killing myself over this game. It'll get it here when it gets here.

That's the right attitude to have.
3AQmK.gif

M_Night said:
Should be a Sun symbol on the field screen somewhere. I would probably spoiler tag the location name instead of the bit you have!

That was confusing me as well, so thanks.

I don't think location names are particularly spoilerish, unless there a significant story location mentioned earlier in the game (i.e. made up example 'oh there's a myth about a Lost City of the Ancients? I bet it doesn't really exist' -> 25 hours later -> 'here we are a the Lost City of the Ancients'.

RPGCrazied

DMPrince said:
just buy Deus sEx on steam! don't even have to leave the house.

I wanted to play on my TV and trophies man! Also got Prince of Persia Trilogy. I need something to kill time.

You liking Dues Ex?

RPGCrazied said:
I wanted to play on my TV and trophies man! Also got Prince of Persia Trilogy. I need something to kill time.

You liking Dues Ex?
haha yeah it's good. i don't do much stealthing. and if i do i usually save and go on a shooting rampage for fun. Killing the people involved with the sidequests lol.

anyways. I get off work in 2 hours. will be waiting for xenoblade hopefully lol.

JumpingTheGun said:
aaaaaaaaannnnd..............nothing.

that magic 8 ball is full of shit man =)

just accept it's gone. someone looted your copy lulz.

Apenheul

28 hours in and I've just entered
High Entia's Tomb
. Normally I'd expect the story to come to an end within 5 hours, but I'm probably not even halfway through. I used to scanline all the areas and even swim though giant lakes looking for secret caves or shorelines, but after realizing how much there's still ahead I find myself running straight towards my goals now. I hate to admit it, but this game may be a little too long for my taste.

Cataferal

Digital Foundry
The attitude in this thread right now reminds me of European JRPG fans' excitement at importing Xenosaga Episode 1 back in the day.

In each case, the game turned into a sacred, forbidden fruit, treasured to a greater degree than if we'd simply walked into a local store and bought it.

As well as receiving a great game, the act of actually playing it is almost like an act of rebellion. It just adds an extra pinch of spice to the experience.

Cataferal said:
The attitude in this thread right now reminds me of European JRPG fans' excitement at importing Xenosaga Episode 1 back in the day.

In each case, the game turned into a sacred, forbidden fruit, treasured to a greater degree than if we'd simply walked into a local store and bought it.

As well as receiving a great game, the act of actually playing it is almost like an act of rebellion. It just adds an extra pinch of spice to the experience.

checkmate
02.gif

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
meppi said:
Dude, you ordered from Zavvi right? You should be happy if it arrives in 2-3 weeks time from now. Sorry, but that's just the way it is.
Sure, you can get extremely lucky from time to time, but definitely don't bet on it or you'll end up going crazy.

Too late. He's already crazy.

Mojojo

MatthewB92 said:
Question about a quest in Makna forest.
How do I know when it's a hot day?
Most likely don't need spoilers but still lol.
I had problem with this quest
you'll notice it's a hot day around the Elks watering hole when you see High level red cloudish monsters -forgot their name- and the creature you need to kill is -stop here if you don't want more spoiler-
is east on the road continuing from the watering place and it's a dino type with fire on the back

I have my copy of this game since monday (dat red classic controller pro!) and BY THE GODS is it awesome.

I haven't had this much fun with a jRPG since...I don't even know. It just tickled my mind vagina I guess.

Last thing I did was entering
Bionis' Leg
and I'm SO blown away by the locations. So huge, so awesome, so beautiful,
looking into the sky and noticing for the first time that the game actually takes place ON THE MOTHERFUCKING MECHAS was a fucking mindblowing experience
I love the English voice acting (have yet to play it with Japanese voice acting), more games should be voiced in British accents, fucking love them.

Here's a major character spoiler:
WHY DID THEY KILL OFF FIORA?! Damn, man, I really liked her although she was in my party for like, what, 3 hours at the most, but holy crap she was such a likeable character. Her voice actress just nailed her persinality and it was extremely depressing to see her die due to her not only being the love interest for Shulk but also because she wasn't that typical blonde annoying girl every other jRPG has had. I always hope she'll come back later in the game. Fucking Aeris Syndrome in jRPGs.

In terms of animation the characters, although counting less polygons than the average characters in Dragon Quest 8, are beautifully animated and the faces really show their respective feelings. Monolithsoft really put a lot of work into the animations.

In short: This game is awesome and I can't wait to finish it.

Codeblue

RPGCrazied said:

But they took out the OnLive codes!

I was gonna suggest you order from Amazon, but I doubt you're in the mood to have another item in the mail

meppi said:

Importing between continents can indeed be incredibly variable. I ordered Pokemon Pearl basic shipping from the states to the UK and it shipped on Monday and I got it Friday, whereas I ordered Phantom Hourglass to get it 3 weeks before EU release, and it took 3 weeks. Most of the other times I import its inbetween the two.

It will arrive, RPGCrazied. Stop stressing so much, you'll get an aneurysm or something.

meppi

killer_clank said:
Importing between continents can indeed be incredibly variable. I ordered Pokemon Pearl basic shipping from the states to the UK and it shipped on Monday and I got it Friday, whereas I ordered Phantom Hourglass to get it 3 weeks before EU release, and it took 3 weeks. Most of the other times I import its inbetween the two.

It will arrive, RPGCrazied. Stop stressing so much, you'll get an aneurysm or something.

Not just that, it can even take up to 4 weeks for games to arrive from the UK to Belgium.
I learned the hard way myself when it comes to which shops to trust for games that I need to have on day one, or at least within 2-3 days of release.

Those would be shopto, or if you don't mind the price and live in Belgium or the Netherlands bol.com.
Both of these shops will make sure you have your items within 3 days at most.
Bol most of the time even in 1 day.

A tip I'll share as its something I accidentally stumbled on. The other section of the colectopedia; (method spoiler as you might also like to stumble upon it)
The only way to get items for this is trading with NPCs. The NPCs in question will only have the items up for trade when you are at least 3* affinity for that area.

The rewards for this section are seem nice:
Insects -
Ap up 5
Machinery -
EXP up 5
Mystery -
??Critical up 5??
Completion -
Hate down 5
(sorry translation unclear)
Category names and other things might be off.

A number of the NPC are related to
Colony 6, firstly you have to get them there, then get the area up to 3* affinity or more for them to give the items
but there are other areas too.

Speaking of
Colony 6 where can I find a Kneecap rock? Juju told me where to get the first item, but I'm not sure what drops the rocks. I need to level special up to 1 so I can get the portable gem crafter.

meppi said:
Not just that, it can even take up to 4 weeks for games to arrive from the UK to Belgium.

Wow are you serious? I'm from Belgium myself and have imported some games from the UK but those arrived within a week :p I always order from Play.com btw, they have some great deals on older games.

Out_Of_Ammo said:
Wow are you serious? I'm from Belgium myself and have imported some games from the UK but those arrived within a week :p I always order from Play.com btw, they have some great deals on older games.
it's the safe thing to say.

EDIT: Fuuu. why am I the first person on the new page again.

meppi

Out_Of_Ammo said:
Absolutely. But only when using Zavvi or Thehut.
If you get lucky, you can get a game or movie from them in about a week time, but most of the time it takes 2-4 weeks from those shops.

I buy just about all my games and movies from the UK and have been doing so for years.
Play is a very good shop. Not always the cheapest, but the games arrive in a week or so, sometimes a couple of days more.
Amazon.co.uk is very good as well. Again about 7-10 days.
Gameplay and Game are about the same, sometimes just under 2 weeks.

The best one being shop to if you use the cheap shipping option (about €3). It takes 2-3 days for your items to arrive. Works like clockwork with them it seems, although a delay can naturally always occur.
I once used the expensive option (around €8) and received the game the very next day! :-o
Bit too expensive to use it all the time though.

I still use Zavvi, and if I really have to thehut, but only if they are doing crazy stunts for games that I don't mind getting a couple of weeks later. Like the new Red Faction for about €20 for instance. ;)

totowhoa

Banned
Darn. A mail truck stopped outside of my house. I was super excited, but he ended up just delivering a package to my neighbor's door :(

Then ANOTHER truck came, this time for me, but it was just some stuff from Amazon. Gah! I've got some Bastion to carry me through the weekend at any rate if necessary, and a couple other games for longer if necessary. Two trucks in a row was such a tease.

Just found out online it would be the USPS that would deliver it, not a private company, which makes sense. I haven't got any mail today yet, which is unusual as it's already kind of late. So maybe the USPS truck hasn't come by yet. We'll see... I'm hoping it's just running late.

bubnbob

Banned
Kjellson said:
Can anyone here recommend a good party? I just got Riki, and like any RPG I have a hard time deciding what party I should use.

I played the entire game with Shulk/Dunban/Riki, which I explained why in an earlier post that I'm too lazy to pull up.

Top Bottom