• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

BlazingDarkness said:
Quick question for those upto Alcamoth
will I still be able to do the sidequests once I've gone to High Entia Tomb? That's not the cut off point, right?
Yeah, you should be able to still do them.

Reveirg

sublimit said:
Haha i felt the same way too but as you say it's a good thing.

My only complaint so far is that the map on the top right is not very informative (as you usually need to have a sense of a bigger scale than that),and bringing up the full size map takes some time and some needless button presses.

Indeed. In fact, the overall loading time for every menu is kind of a letdown. You'd think after making such big efforts to eliminate loading times for areas, they wouldn't make menus that take 2-3 secondes to pop up O_O. I feel changing equipments for the whole party is going to become tedious.

But once again, these are only very minor gripes

BlazingDarkness said:
will I still be able to do the sidequests once I've gone to High Entia Tomb? That's not the cut off point, right?

I believe the game gives you a warning before that point occurs, like when you move the residents back to Colony 6.

According to others, it also doesn't happen until much later in the gamel.

Diffense

I have a question about a Colony 9 "Challenge 4" quest from a Nopon:
He asks me to kill the Wallside Gwyrny(?) in Mag Mell which I already did before getting the quest.
But the game didn't auto-complete the quest and the monster didn't reappear when I revisited Mag Mell.
Is there another one in Mag Mell or did I stumble on a situation that'll prevent me from completing that quest?
Did anyone else run into this?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Hit the
Swamp area
last night during day time. Thought it was rather unimpressive and rather boring area after the awesomeness of the last big one. ...then it
became night
:-o Totally out of the blue for me.

Diffense said:
He asks me to kill the Wallside Gwyrny(?) in Mag Mell which I already did before getting the quest.
But the game didn't auto-complete the quest and the monster didn't reappear when I revisited Mag Mell.
Is there another one in Mag Mell or did I stumble on a situation that'll prevent me from completing that quest?

I feared that might happen to me too since I also killed him off before. But he respawned for me after a certain time. Just try visiting that point later I suppose.

cacildo

2n00bx5.jpg

Diffense said:

Unique monsters respawn eventually.

Sennorin

Banned
Damn, I guess I´ll start up the game again. Already played 3 hours today, but playing at night is more fun. Gotta explore that Eryth Sea some more :D

TSA said:
The only thing I can think of to complain about so far...no way to disable the battle chit-chat, no online co-op, no keyboard support for button assignment of each skill. Yes, 25 hours into this game, and I really like it.

I see, to find faults in Xenoblade, we have to make up stuff that didn´t belong in there anyway :p

Diffense said:

It will reappear. Wait a while, save/load, whatever, but it will reappear.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
cacildo said:

They are not innocent... they drop loot after all. Does not qualify as peace loving since god made them to be fought and looted. Its their divine purpose!

Diffense

CruxisMana said:
Unique monsters respawn eventually.

Thanks.
I had that experience with others like the
Verdant Bluchal (?)
but since it had been such a long time since I beat the lizard I started to wonder.

Go_Ly_Dow

The transition in
Satori Marsh
between day and night is so amazing.

I arrived there during the day and thought this place is horrible and I want to get out of here asap.

At night I was in awe. The music change helped a lot as well.

Toma

M_Night said:
The transition in
Satori Marsh

I arrived there during the day and thought this place is horrible and I want to get out of here asap.

See post 7171, Hi-5 for being at the same point in the game! Now stop playing until monday since I need to write a termpaper. :p

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Xenoblade has it all. The fact that it has achievements on Wii is hilarious.

Nintendo can no longer feign ignorance of them when Wii U comes along..

Go_Ly_Dow

Toma said:
See post 7171, Hi-5 for being at the same point in the game! Now stop playing until monday since I need to write a termpaper. :p

Wow, didn't even read that post.

I'm sure the same applies to everyone in that place.

Mojojo

BlazingDarkness said:
I am in the next "zone" and I can still do the alcamoth timed.. Someone told several pages before that you can keep them for a long time.

M_Night said:
The transition in
Satori Marsh

I had the exact same reaction, it is in fact still my favourite location thus far just for the trippy lighting and music at night. The point i'm at now has a similar kind of "superior at night vibe" Location spoiler
Snowy mountains at night that is

Reveirg

Twilight Princess said:
You can disable ui clusters in the settings menu. I pretty much just leave the mini map on.

Very good to know! Great, I'll leave them up for a while until I'm accustomed to the shortcuts and buttons. There are indeed a lot of customization options in the menu, very nice.

By the way, what's an affinity coin exactly?

Chanser

Reveirg said:
Very good to know! Great, I'll leave them up for a while until I'm accustomed to the shortcuts and buttons. There are indeed a lot of customization options in the menu, very nice.

You spend them on skill links in your skill trees.

Reveirg said:

It let's you use/equip teammates skills, under skill tree menu.

cacildo

Toma said:
They are not innocent... they drop loot after all. Does not qualify as peace loving since god made them to be fought and looted. Its their divine purpose!

Lol! To be fair, i think the animals stole those itens from innocent people!

BocoDragon said:
Xenoblade has it all. The fact that it has achievements on Wii is hilarious.

Nintendo can no longer feign ignorance of them when Wii U comes along..

I cant point names, but i remember some other wii games also have achievements...

Oh wait, i remember one: THE INCREDIBLE HULK. I liked that game! The achievements were called "feats"

But there are bigger games with achievements on wii...

meppi

Reveirg said:
-The UI is too big! There's a LOT of stuff going on the screens, and that's a shame because it blocks the incredible views on the landscape.
That can easily be fixed though.

I have everything turned off in the options, so certain HUD elements only pop up when appropriate. Like when entering a battle or when you level up and such.

Love playing it like that since you can take in the locales fully without anything blocking your view. :)

D23

holy shit.. bionis leg is huge!! my jaw dropped to the ground! the music n everything..

i fucking love this game

wrowa

slaughterking said:
Oh noes (Colony 9 sidequest spoiler):
I ruined Emmy Leater's career. I didn't intent to do that. I swear, Emmy!
From what I hear you either ruin her or she goes crazy. Both options aren't quite optimal!

Alrus

meppi said:
Not just that, it can even take up to 4 weeks for games to arrive from the UK to Belgium.
I learned the hard way myself when it comes to which shops to trust for games that I need to have on day one, or at least within 2-3 days of release.

Amazon UK only takes 2-4 days to send me games when I order from them. I don't know who you were using before but 4 weeks seems ridiculous.

vitacola

Alrus said:
Amazon UK only takes 2-4 days to send me games when I order from them. I don't know who you were using before but 4 weeks seems ridiculous.
Probably because they often send it from their "European HQ" in Bad Hersfeld, Germany. Ordered an Entourage Season one time and it arrived the next day ;)

Hiltz

I like this game but I hate how unnecessarily complex the mechanics and gameplay elements are for combat, gem crafting, and affinity stuff. It's just makes it all the more confusing and overwhelming.

Right now I'm around 7 hours in at
Colony 6 with Sharla in my party trying to fight this second phase boss battle against a giant mech spider boss with tentacles on top of a rock (and he's fucking hard as hell). Nearly everyone in my party is constantly getting pummeled to death. I still have trouble figuring out how to use the Monado's foresight power in terms of knowing when you have to wait to use its powers at all if you want to avoid a devasting enemy attack. I you already used it up, then you're basically screwed as far as I can tell.

wrowa

vitacola said:
Probably because they often send it from their "European HQ" in Bad Hersfeld, Germany. Ordered a Entourage Season one time and it arrived the next day ;)
Bad Hersfeld loves Amazon so much they even called the street, where Amazon is located, Amazon Street.

Hiltz said:
I like this game but I hate how unnecessarily complex the mechanics and gameplay elements are for combat, gem crafting, and affinity stuff. It's just makes it all the more confusing and overwhelming.

Care to explain? All of the features are rather simple.

Toma

Hiltz said:

Right now I'm around 7 hours in at

7 hours? I feel like going snails pace. I am at 17 hours and just reached the
Satori marsh

No problem with it, though. First game in a long time I am not playing to complete it, but to have fun :)

Labadal

I really only have two(maybe three) complaints so far with a playtime of 9:30.

1. Loot not automatically going to inventory.
2. I don't know if it is me who don't know how to do it, but I would have loved trackable side quests.
3. I like the voice acting most of the time, but sometimes it doesn't click with me.

Other than that, I'm addicted. The music, the locations, exploring and story are great so far.

Toma

slaughterking said:
They did the same in Leipzig.

Hey! Another Gaffer living close, assuming you live in Leipzig to have this "Insider Knowledge". Amazon is awesome though. They should start selling merchandise. Think awesome trendy shirts and bags.

Torraz

Labadal said:
I really only have two(maybe three) complaints so far with a playtime of 9:30.

1. Loot not automatically going to inventory.
2. I don't know if it is me who don't know how to do it, but I would have loved trackable side quests.
3. I like the voice acting most of the time, but sometimes it doesn't click with me.

Other than that, I'm addicted. The music, the locations, exploring and story are great so far.

Agreed. Since I'm very happy with the jp. voice track I'd replace your 3 with not being able to concretely compare two items when equipping. Simply seeing one stat go up and one down is not enough information and still forces one to switch back and forth.

KarmaCow

Do you need to do all the quests to get 5 stars in the affinity chart for an area? I wasn't paying attention and started the
Colony 6 restoration
which canceled some quests.

Top Bottom