• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

RPGCrazied said:
No. Who knows where mine is. Probably fell off a plane or something.

You are getting pretty ridiculous with this. There is honestly nothing even remotely out of order about the time it is taking...

robotzombie said:
You are getting pretty ridiculous with this. There is honestly nothing even remotely out of order about the time it is taking...

I don't think he was serious.

Over the past day or so he's had a surprisingly... upbeat(?) attitude about the whole thing. If anyone deserves the game ASAP, it's him.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
SecretMoblin said:
I don't think he was serious.

Over the past day or so he's had a surprisingly... upbeat(?) attitude about the whole thing. If anyone deserves the game ASAP, it's him.

Yeah, best thing he can do about it for the moment is joking about the situation. Still might be another week or something until it arrives. So he's doing quite fine atm :)

wrowa

Ledsen said:
So 25 hours in and I just entered Makna
Forest
. Would you say I'm playing at a normal pace?
"Nomal pace" is a pretty vague expression in the case of Xenoblade. But, yeah, I think I entered Makna at roughly the same time.
It's my least favorite area so far, somehow I don't feel like I can be bothered to explore that area. The village is super-awesome, though

Ledsen

wrowa said:
"Nomal pace" is a pretty vague expression in the case of Xenoblade. But, yeah, I think I entered Makna at roughly the same time.
It's my least favorite area so far, somehow I don't feel like I can be bothered to explore that area. The village is super-awesome, though

I literally just entered it so I haven't seen anything in it yet. So beautiful though ~_~

totowhoa

Banned
FreeMufasa said:
Haven't been in here for a while. Have NA-Gaf recieved their copies yet?

Some have, some haven't. Depends on who you ordered through. I believe GAME has been the most prompt. Apparently people who ordered through Zavvi are doomed (glad I researched my purchase first). Expecting mine between Saturday and Tuesday since it didn't come today, as I've been following shipment arrivals for GAME across a few forums. People are getting them now.

RPGCrazied: Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get yours before |OT2| starts up. We're only 1/3 of the way there.

BocoDragon said:
Xenoblade has it all. The fact that it has achievements on Wii is hilarious.

Nintendo can no longer feign ignorance of them when Wii U comes along..

Didn't Nintendo invent achievements with Super Smash Bros. Melee?

Sennorin

Banned
Lol, another 2,5 hours played. Exploring the
sea
-area was addicting. And in one sidequest something really cool happened:
I had to kill the leader of some group of monsters who damaged the aether windmill, and when I entered their hideout, one of the smaller monsters ran away to call the big ones. Had to retreat :D

Such a great game.
You know, I´ve been pretty let down by the Wii U´s current reveal, but...the thought of a Monolithsoft-game on Wii U makes me hyped for Nintendo´s new console.

Netto-kun

Fomalhaut said:
Has anyone managed to land on the other side of
http://i.imgur.com/7VRSj.jpg
? And if so, is there a trick to it?
Riki, Increase running speed gems (caps at 25%), RUN, jump right before you reach the ledge, voila.
At least that's how I did it.

meppi

Alrus said:
Amazon UK only takes 2-4 days to send me games when I order from them. I don't know who you were using before but 4 weeks seems ridiculous.
Was talking about the hut group which includes Zavvi.

That sounds about right for amazon. I usually get my stuff from them easily within a week as well.

I'm not saying it always takes 4 weeks with those other 2 shops.
Usually it's around 2 weeks. Can be a bit less sometimes, but that seems to be the exception. Usually it's longer.
And yes, I've had several games take up till 4 weeks before they have reached me.
Last example was OOT which took exactly 1 month from the time they stated it was shipped, and I had preordered the game several months in advance. :-/

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
*sigh* I still don't have my copy. This hurricane isn't going to make it come any quicker either. :-/

Never buying from 365 games again.

RurouniZel said:
Never buying from 365 games again.

Look around you. 90% of people haven't received theirs from a variety of retailers, there's no point in singling out one shop when they are giving the exact same service as the others.

Varion

Fomalhaut said:
What Netto-kun said, though Riki isn't necessary, I did it fine with Shulk. Running speed up gems, hit the jump button at the last second. Didn't find that one particularly difficult.

squall23

Fomalhaut said:
I uhh, I'd be careful exploring the other side if I were you.
2 extremely high levelled bosses with 1 being the strongest boss in the game.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
PumpkinPie said:
Look around you. 90% of people haven't received theirs from a variety of retailers, there's no point in singling out one shop when they are giving the exact same service as the others.

Really? I've seen so much discussion already about the game I thought most got it. Granted I've only been skimming as I've been trying to avoid any inadvertent spoilers. Sorry to grumble then. :(

Hiltz

I didn't have any problems importing Xenoblade from 365 games after ordering it on August 18th and received it yesterday.

TDLink

RurouniZel said:
Really? I've seen so much discussion already about the game I thought most got it. Granted I've only been skimming as I've been trying to avoid any inadvertent spoilers. Sorry to grumble then. :(

Most of them live in Europe. Majority of importers don't have it yet.

Varion

RurouniZel said:
Mostly Europeans. There's more of us around than you'd think! Some Americans have started getting it in recent days, at least. Then there's a couple of us who own the Japanese version joining in.

Meier

Alright just put in an order for Xenoblade and Inazuma Eleven from The Hut. Got 4 pounds off with the code 4bank so it should end up being about $82... not too bad! Gotta read up on the steps on how to mod my Wii now.. never done this sort of thing.

Wow, both games are "usually dispatched within a month." Yikes!

Fomalhaut

Neo Member
Netto-kun said:
Riki, Increase running speed gems (caps at 25%), RUN, jump right before you reach the ledge, voila.
At least that's how I did it.

It took ages, but I finally managed to get to the other side with Shulk. I panicked because I got rid of my speed gems earlier today, and I didn't know the wall was climbable.

Lv68 boss help please.
All my attacks keep missing, is there a skill or a gem I could use? My level is 62.

edit:
I'm talking about Gado before the 神殿転送装置.

Played 3 hours ( couldn't because of work ) this game is impressive dammit . the quest wher eyou have to go back to the quester can be annoying if you don't know where and when they appear and teh sheer maount of people can make this annoying to look at the graphics ( that is well done iMO ).
Very pleased by this game...

Hiltz

What is ether for? I see it on stuff like armor parts but I don't remember what it represents.

Also, in the second phase of this boss fight, are you supposed to attack
the mechon tentacle spider boss's main body or do you have to get rid of its tentacles first? It's the first big boss you fight with Sharla after saving Juju in Colony 6.
I got my ass kicked 2 times in a row so I may have to level up 1-2 times before trying to fight it again. Also, who do you guys mainly play as out of the 3 available characters at this point in the game?

Chanser

Hiltz said:
What does ether for? I see it on stuff like armor parts but I don't know what it means.

Also, in the second phase of this boss fight, are you supposed to attack
the mechon tentacle spider boss's main body or do you have to get rid of its tentacles first? It's the first big boss you fight with Sharla after saving Juju.
I got my ass kicked 2 times in a row so I may have to level up 1-2 times before trying to fight it again. Also, who do you guys mainly play as out of the 3 available characters at this point in the game?

Ether is a magic equivalent,
I got rid of it's tentacles first.

Using Shulk, Reyn and Sharla as the main party.

Hiltz

Chanser said:
Ether is a magic equivalent,
I got rid of it's tentacles first.

Using Shulk, Reyn and Sharla as the main party.

Thanks. I figured it may be this game's version of magic, but I still don't know how what it does. Is it just related to buffs and debuffs and/or does it have anything to do with the cool down period of waiting to reuse attacks ?

But which of those party members do you generally use as the party leader? I mean, who do you manually control most of the time ? I've basically stuck with Shulk but I wonder if I switch to someone else, if Shulk will be able to use his monado vision power automatically while being controlled as an AI party.

Lord Ghirahim said:
Lv68 boss help please.
All my attacks keep missing, is there a skill or a gem I could use? My level is 62.

edit:
I'm talking about Gado before the 神殿転送装置.

Well there's a quick help : level up a bit. I'm just after him, and stopped to tidy up some sidequets and the like, I was Lv69 when I fought him. Or if you really don't want to, maybe Agility gems would get you within the margins to actually land hits. In that case, you may need strong gems.

Seik

Banned
FreeMufasa said:
Haven't been in here for a while. Have NA-Gaf recieved their copies yet?

Still nothing in the mailbox here, to be frank it's kind of annoying me since I wanted to spend a good part of my week-end playing it...well, I'll survive! :)

Can't wait to try it myself, people seems to really like it, which make this whole waiting process so intense. D:

Lord Ghirahim said:
So, that's what agility does :p
I'll give it a try later today, life won't let me play Xenoblade 24/7.
Yeah when you fight enemies that are 6 levels above yours, you get a penalty of 120 agility...so if your team members don't have more than that, you'll be in the negatives and land no hits. The more you have then, the more chances you have to actually hit.

Besides, you're doing something between 50 and 75% of the damage you would do at the same level, and you also have a penalty to guarding and ether resistance.

Nix

Banned
GOT MINE IN THE MAIL!!! FUCK YEAHHHHHHH!!

Two hours in and this shit is just amazing. God damn, I can't believe the textures, the gameplay, the FFXIIness of it (which I love). If only I liked the main character more; does he become more likable as the story progresses?

VillageBC

Ledsen said:
I literally just entered it so I haven't seen anything in it yet. So beautiful though ~_~

It's the point that I began to burn out with exploring everything. It's a big world, and I was doing all the side quests. Then they added an area where I had to back track and find alternative paths to areas and well, I didn't feel like exploring that much.

Also, wanted to get on with the story. =)

Cwarrior

so am at the
the tomb play as melia, do her attacks do anything? she has a lightning and fire move but they do nothing, its says something about discharge

Hiltz

Nix said:
GOT MINE IN THE MAIL!!! FUCK YEAHHHHHHH!!

Two hours in and this shit is just amazing. God damn, I can't believe the textures, the gameplay, the FFXIIness of it (which I love). If only I liked the main character more; does he become more likable as the story progresses?

Shulk gets a bit more courageous but he's still a dork in my opinion. Man, even his name sucks.

Cwarrior said:
so am at the
the tomb play as melia, do her attacks do anything? she has a lightning and fire move but they do nothing, its says something about discharge
Activating "lightning" gives you an ether up bonus, "fire" an attack up bonus, "water" a regeneration bonus as long as you keep them summoned.

You then use your talent art to use your stocked summons (the last one summoned will be used up first) and unleash an effect. Lightning and Fire to attack your enemy, Water to heal yourself.

Do this a few times and you'll enter a state of elemental discharge that'll give you access for a limited time to some other spells, plus giving your unleashed effect a critical bonus while it's active.

Chanser

Hiltz said:
Thanks. I figured it may be this game's version of magic, but I still don't know how what it does. Is it just related to buffs and debuffs and/or does it have anything to do with the cool down period of waiting to reuse attacks ?

But which of those party members do you generally use as the party leader? I mean, who do you manually control most of the time ? I've basically stuck with Shulk but I wonder if I switch to someone else, if Shulk will be able to use his monado vision power automatically while being controlled as an AI party.

Just used Sharla as main leader, found her to be fun. Ether affects all of the ether skills, but I don't think it affects the cooldown timer. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable can correct me if I'm wrong.

Regarding Monado, I had to go up to Shulk to enable his Monado powers after the visions.

Hey France-GAF, if any of you get the artbook call from Nintendo, would you be so kind as to PM me and let me know? I explained my situation on this page. Merci d'avance.

LevityNYC

Banned
Got my copy from Game today. It shipped 8/16 to New Jersey.

Played the little intro...looks awesome so far. Its like Final Fantasy 12 meets Final Fantasy 13....only if FF 13 wasn't terrible and actually had exploration and towns

Hiltz

After leveling up 2 times to level 21, I went back and beat that boss in Colony 6. The battle went more smoothly and quicker after using Sharla as party leader, upgrading weaponry and armor as well as some arts. Still, the boss put up a decent fight.

The voice acting is amusing in a kind of goofy sort of way. Although, the constant victory battle one-liners gets pretty annoying and repetitive.If just one character eventually says "Ello Gov-nuh" and then I would have no complaints at all.

I still don't have a clue on how to use that talent arts skill tree icon. Apparently, you can somehow "borrow" another party member's skills based on their affinity.

Mistle

So... I just realised that I pretty much always play as Shulk. Is this okay? Am I at any disadvantage that I don't play as any other characters?

wrowa

Mistle said:
So... I just realised that I pretty much always play as Shulk. Is this okay? Am I at any disadvantage that I don't play as any other characters?
As long as you don't have any problems in the game, it's totally okay :p Trying to use other party members is pretty fun, though, all of them have a pretty diverse "feel" to them.

It has, however, an affnity advantage if you play not only as Shulk. Most of the affinity stuff is between the party leader and the party. Which means that in the end everyone will love Shulk, but they aren't going to like each other very much.

Hiltz said:
I still don't have a clue on how to use that talent arts skill tree icon. Apparently, you can somehow "borrow" another party member's skills based on their affinity.

The amount of skills you can "borrow" is dependant on your relationship to the other characters. The better the relationship, the more skills you can potentially borrow.

However, you also have to pay for those skills. In the progress of the game you get Affinity Coins, and every skill requires a certain amount of those coins. It's not a final decision, though. You can revert your decisions anytime and you get the coins back. You can't do anything wrong.

PetrCobra

wrowa said:
As long as you don't have any problems in the game, it's totally okay :p Trying to use other party members is pretty fun, though, all of them have a pretty diverse "feel" to them.

It has, however, an affnity advantage if you play not only as Shulk. Most of the affinity stuff is between the party leader and the party. Which means that in the end everyone will love Shulk, but they aren't going to like each other very much.
That's exactly why I started playing as
Melia
recently, with
Sharla as a party member, because an old quest wants me to raise the affinity between them
. The third party member is anyone besides Shulk, since I was using him for the first 30 or 35 hours and the affinities are a little bit imbalanced (although not as much as I would have expected)

Top Bottom