• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Codeblue

I hope the game not being released in all regions doesn't holds it back from being represented with a character and stage. Hopefully it turns out like Fire Emblem, where they represent the game anyway and it results in a popularity boost that leads to localizing future titles.

wsippel

Banned
Jucksalbe said:
I think everyone that didn't sleep through the cutscenes should have figured out most of what happened there in the first few hours of the game. I'm just glad most of the obvious stuff is out of the way now (just passed that same area an hour ago).
There's still a lot more really obvious stuff (I even predicted one of the biggest plot twists very early on*), but there are also some pretty cool curveballs. Even that reveal turns out to be not quite as clear cut soon enough.

*) Don't read this until you started the endgame, or unless you don't care at all!
Shulk is actually already long dead. He was dead long before the events of the game took place. Which is the very reason he can change fate: He doesn't exist in the continuity, which is exactly why he can change it. I expected this explanation when you see the cutscene in which Dickson discovers the Monado and Shulk.

Reknoc

Codeblue said:
I hope the game not being released in all regions doesn't holds it back from being represented with a character and stage. Hopefully it turns out like Fire Emblem, where they represent the game anyway and it results in a popularity boost that leads to localizing future titles.

Surely not being that big of a series would hold it back more.

meppi

AceBandage said:
Which one should I use? Not to late to cancel.
I'm afraid of becoming the spokesperson for this shop, but honestly if you want to get the game as soon as possible without paying through the nose, use shop to.net.
I got mine in 2 days from the UK to Belgium.
It'll take a bit longer to the US though, but I would almost bet my account on it that you'd get it easily in half the time it would take if you'd order from zavvi or the hut.

teeny

The day before I was going to buy this, my Wii crapped out on me. Going to hold out until right before Zelda launches to see if there is any truth to the £80 price drop rumour then pick these up together. Hopefully I can get all my VC stuff transfered with ease.

All the impressions here make me very jealous. Its great to see the game getting such a warm reception though. Cant wait to join you.

meppi said:
I'm afraid of becoming the spokesperson for this shop, but honestly if you want to get the game as soon as possible without paying through the nose, use shop to.net.
I got mine in 2 days from the UK to Belgium.
It'll take a bit longer to the US though, but I would almost bet my account on it that you'd get it easily in half the time it would take if you'd order from zavvi or the hut.

I'm trying to use it...
BUT IT KEEPS CHANGING PAGES WHEN I TRY TO ORDER!
UGH!
It also still says that it's a pre-order...

MicH

Most shops are out of stock, including Shopto. I can recommend Shopto aswell. Also their customer service is great.

Kandinsky said:
I was playing Smash Bros with my kids and man cant wait for the inevitable Xenoblade stage on the Wii U one.

Guarantee you that Reyn will be an assist trophy, complete with every quote imaginable!

("NOW IT'S REYN TIME!", "EAT THIS!", "WHAT A BUNCH OF JOKAHS!", "HA HA, IN YOUR FACE!")

meppi

AceBandage said:
I'm trying to use it...
BUT IT KEEPS CHANGING PAGES WHEN I TRY TO ORDER!
UGH!
It also still says that it's a pre-order...

Might want to try and use a different browser.
Oh and register before you try to buy something.

It's indeed a preorder since just about any online shop in the UK is out of stock at this point.
I got a mail last week when they ran out of stock because I ordered way too late telling me they would get stock early this week.
They sent my copy on Tuesday and I got in on Thursday. :)
But they sold through all of their new stock again already.

My best bet would be that they'll get another shipment on Monday or Tuesday, although I can't be sure of that.

wrowa

AceBandage said:
Which one should I use? Not to late to cancel.
Don't cancel, just be patient. It doesn't matter much where you order anyway; if you are lucky you will get it in a week, if you are unlucky you will have to wait two or three weeks. That's importing for ya.

meppi

wrowa said:
Don't cancel, just be patient. It doesn't matter much where you order anyway; if you are lucky you will get it in a week, if you are unlucky you will have to wait two or three weeks. That's importing for ya.
There's a huge difference though. Especially between the one he ordered from and anyone else.

sphinx

the piano man
buy from this store from the german ebay.

He sells internationally, free shipping to the US (or 10 extra euros if you want insurance and the luxury shipping), the guy has 28 available copies.

Xenoblade €54,97 shipped to the US

judging by the price I suspect he might even ship "certified" for free.

sphinx

the piano man
AceBandage said:
80 bucks?!

well, I thought you were desperate!

see? you guys are COMPLETELY spoiled by the british stores.

Xenoblade or any high profile game on any console costs 49.99 euros everywhere in continental Europe. If you add that you are thousands miles away from here, then you could pay 5 extra euros for shipping.

Want a british deal? you'll have to wait.

cacildo

I need a little help with a side quest, you know when
there´s this quest in reconstruction of colony 6... and there´s this guy, he´s a coward and he needs a great adventure to show himself for the girl.

Anyway, the quest info say you should "head for the ether mine or satorl marsh and protect that coward!" but i just cant find the guy! I walk, from colony 6 to any of these locations, and nothing happens.

What should i do to make it work?

cacildo said:
I need a little help with a side quest, you know when
there´s this quest in reconstruction of colony 6... and there´s this guy, he´s a coward and he needs a great adventure to show himself for the girl.

Anyway, the quest info say you should "head for the ether mine or satorl marsh and protect that coward!" but i just cant find the guy! I walk, from colony 6 to any of these locations, and nothing happens.

What should i do to make it work?

He's inside the Ether Mine, by the little lake near Pit 1. I forget the name, but it's a classed as a secret area.

cacildo

CruxisMana said:
He's inside the Ether Mine, by the little lake near Pit 1. I forget the name, but it's a classed as a secret area.

Great, thanks!

I have one more quest im yet to solve.... but this one i just wont ask. Only one item left, i think i can manage it.

Labadal

Is anyone buying items and equipment? I have maybe traded 5-6 things, but other than that I have bought nothing.

One thing I thought was cool was when I was exploring, suddenly I get a surprise quest. Didn't cause problems, but I was so not prepared for that.

I'm at Bionis Leg and have done all quests with a clock except some challenge quests. I can't find the monsters.

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Has there been any sales numbers or is it still too soon?

From what I've seen here on GAF the only number known is >6600 for the UK for the week ending the 20th of August (at which point Xenoblade had only been out for a day).

Here.

I've said it before (many times, actually :lol), but because of recent ingame events I have to say it again: Engage the Enemy is so good. I can not not get excited when that track plays during any cutscene. It could watch Shulk watching Reyn watching paint dry and it would be an incredibly thrilling event if it was accompanied by that track. :I

MicH

Goddamn youtube and their spoilery comments :( My eyes can't help to wander down there when listening to some of the music!

sphinx said:
well, I thought you were desperate!

see? you guys are COMPLETELY spoiled by the british stores.

Xenoblade or any high profile game on any console costs 49.99 euros everywhere in continental Europe. If you add that you are thousands miles away from here, then you could pay 5 extra euros for shipping.

Want a british deal? you'll have to wait.

Lol i live in an européan territory ( just far from europe )

Xenoblade cost 79,99 € were i live .

Some of you have no idea how fortunate they are in their countries .

Kandinsky

slaughterking said:
I've said it before (many times, actually :lol), but because of recent ingame events I have to say it again: Engage the Enemy is so good. I can not not get excited when that track plays during any cutscene. It could watch Shulk watching Reyn watching paint dry and it would be an incredibly thrilling event if it was accompanied by that track. :I
That track is amazing yeah.

syoaran

slaughterking said:

So true. But then saying that, the cutscenes are just fantastic. Very very very well done.

Hiltz

When you buy these Talents art items from an npc merchant/shop keeper, how do you use them? I tried selling one once but it said that the item has not been used by the arts book yet. Also, when it says that one of your party members has learned a new art, why doesn't it appear in your battle palette when fighting? Are you supposed to somehow activiate it?

Also, for the materials and items you have in your inventory, are you just supposed to sell them ? I have a few that are labeled as quest items so I know those ones you should keep.

Hiltz said:
When you buy these Talent art items from an npc merchant/shop keeper, how do you use them, if at all ? I tried selling one once but it said that the item has not been used by the arts book yet, are you sure you want to sell it ?

Also, for the materials and items you have in your inventory, are you just supposed to sell them ? I have a few that are labeled as quest items so I know those ones you should keep.
Go to the item menu, select the correct tab and click on your bought art manuals to learn them.

And only sell items when your inventory gets full. You never know when you may need them.

Hiltz said:
When you buy these Talent art items from an npc merchant/shop keeper, how do you use them, if at all ? I tried selling one once but it said that the item has not been used by the arts book yet, are you sure you want to sell it ?

I've played some rpgs (most turn-based) but Xenoblade' the only one that has left me in a confused. I hope there's a player's guide for this game soon that I can look up.

The arts manuals? Select them on the Inventory Menu to learn them so that the respective character can further level up that art.

For materials and items, I haven't sold any so far. You can use them to gift to party member to raise affinity, trade them with NPC's to receive special gifts, plus you never know when they could be needed for a quest.

EDIT: When a character learns a new art you have to manually set it to their wheel. Only a set number of slots are available so you have to choose which arts you want set for battle.

Question about a quest in the forest area:

Can I trade with any of the Nopon for Venomous Lizards? Because I'm having a very difficult time finding them around the forest.

Hiltz

slaughterking said:
Go to the item menu, select the correct tab and click on your bought art manuals to learn them.

And only sell items when your inventory gets full. You never know when you may need them.

Thank you. I'm only at level 22 but there's just some stuff I haven't figured out yet despite having looked through the in-game tutorials and instruction manual.

Fomalhaut

Neo Member
Just arrived in
Mechonis Field
. I hate the dungeon design already, but that music, man. What a throwback to Phantasy Star Online.

This game is so awesome and i'm on vacation the next 3 weeks, so I can't play! :(
Anyway 40 hours in now
and spent the last 4 hours building up Colony 6, everything level 3 now... can take some time without a guide ^^

RPGCrazied said:
Hope you don't mind waiting. I'm a day short of 2 weeks for my copy with that site.

Well, no other site has it, and some won't even let me register. So my options seem limited.
I've waited this long, I can go a while longer.

RPGCrazied

AceBandage said:
Well, no other site has it, and some won't even let me register. So my options seem limited.
I've waited this long, I can go a while longer.

Availability: Usually dispatched within a month

Did you see that on the product page? They might be low on stock or something.

RPGCrazied said:
Availability: Usually dispatched within a month

Did you see that on the product page? They might be low on stock or something.

Yeah, I saw it.
Like I said, my options are limited anyway. I'll be waiting regardless, and at least Zavvi let me put in an order.

RPGCrazied

AceBandage said:
Yeah, I saw it.
Like I said, my options are limited anyway. I'll be waiting regardless, and at least Zavvi let me put in an order.

Well, good luck. SecretMoblion I think his name is, is from the state and used that site. I think he even got it within a week too. Lucky.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, the purple 'U' items, can anyone tell me more about them? Does the U stand for Unique? Other then having Gems already embedded in them, do they differ from their normal counter parts in any way? Any way to take the Gems out?

Top Bottom