• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

TenaciousNorth said:
I had this issue too at first, I fixed it by updating to version 70 of Configurable USB loader (was previously running version 69) and then when you turn on ocarina make sure the hook type is set to VBI.
I have version 70, but I had it set to no hooks. Going to try it with VBI the next time.

RPGCrazied

desu said:
Can you please get one day signed shipping? We dont need you again with trashing the thread all day with your uncontrolled whining.

I do it a couple times a day, then I leave the thread. At least I'm not in here spoiling the story like a lot of people are. Take a chill pill.

MicH

Shit, I really think
Makna Forest
is scary as hell. I really don't like sidequesting in that place. So many gigantic monsters ganging up on you. Fuck.

Just arrived at
Eryth Sea
. How far into the game am I?

McNum said:
Yeah, it does that. Go ahead and try to predict it, it makes it more fun when it proves you wrong.

Also, it just hit me that Shulk might be a hypocrite in that last part I played. (Enemy level 45-55 story spoiler)
"We can't kill Mumkhar, he's another Homs!" Okay, fair enough, lets rewind 20 hours or so, then. To when Shulk's standing on a pile of dead High Entia hitwomen. That Shulk killed. I'm thinking Shulk should be very happy that Melia didn't think this far, or he might have been in trouble. Oh, wait. She wasn't there. Good for Shulk. Dunban could have celled him on it, though.

Edit: (Gameplay spoilers for where I am.)
By the way, is the game kidding? "You must defeat this Mechon to activate a lift. It is surrounded by so many Mechon that the Wii will lag when you try to fight it. They're all aggro linked. So have fun with that." I'm taking there's a trick to it?

My Shulk wasn't the one who did them in, the monado wouldn't allow it! Dunban delivered the murderous justice so Shulk stays relatively consistent in his thoughts, maybe as Dunban brutally slaughtered the room service for being late Shulk was crying inside

As for the second point
Monado buster rinsed that room in hilarious fashion, I wasn't overleveled or anything so I guess most of the units are fodder. When mechon are involved they bring the slowdown goods for both better and worse i've found.

desu

RPGCrazied said:
I do it a couple times a day, then I leave the thread. At least I'm not in here spoiling the story like a lot of people are. Take a chill pill.

Ever heard of the glass house? You should reflect how much garbage you have posted here the last week+ and then check again who needs a chill pill.

Varion

Hiltz said:
I have read that
Dunban is at his best without any armor so his agility increases. However, does he actually have to learn the labeled skill tree move first before being able to take take advantage of this ability?
Yes he needs to learn the skill. It's also not something you should do immediately anyway, as you need a certain amount of agility before the percentage bonus you get by using that skill is worth the fact he'll have no defence whatsoever.

RPGCrazied

desu said:
Ever heard of the glass house? You should reflect how much garbage you have posted here the last week+ and then check again who needs a chill pill.

There have been others that have been whining about wanting the game. So I do it a bit more. I'm hardly spamming the thread with it. Don't like it, just ignore me. Why is everyone on my case about this? So I want the game? Get over it.

Whining over people whining about something is just as bad ya know.

McNum

Nocturnowl said:
My Shulk wasn't the one who did them in, the monado wouldn't allow it! Dunban delivered the murderous justice so Shulk stays relatively consistent in his thoughts, maybe as Dunban brutally slaughtered the room service for being late Shulk was crying inside

As for the second point
Monado buster rinsed that room in hilarious fashion, I wasn't overleveled or anything so I guess most of the units are fodder. When mechon are involved they bring the slowdown goods for both better and worse i've found.
I was just thinking that having Shulk indirectly say that
Homs are worth more than High Entia in front of the soon-to-be High Entia Empress would rank highly in the boneheaded moves done by a JRPG protagonist. He should feel lucky that she didn't pick up on it.

For the second, I opened the door and did a Han Solo.
That is chase a few enemies into a very large group of enemies and run like hell.
I did have the party members comment on my lack of courage with that maneuver, too. Didn't know they could do that. I'll just clear the big room for delicious EXP and then try again. Looking at the room, there should be a level there.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Lol, the end of
Makna Forest
is 35% into the game? I have probably 2-3 hours of questing before me before I'll finish it and I am already at 35 hours. That game will be the first non-multiplayer game in a long time to crack the 100 hour mark for me, it seems.

And I also want to
fill up the relationship between Melia and Sharla
in that area. I might be already near the blue indicator... probably need pink, though for that one quest. Sigh.

RPGCrazied said:
Yeah. The red flag should have went up when I saw free shipping. My bad. If I have to import Last Story, which I'm hoping comes to America so I don't have to, will be somewhere else. Seems like either GAME or 365 games is the best. Well from people getting Xenoblade in this thread anyways.

Oh you will be importing just like the rest of us. This time though, consider starting your own thread of your legendary waiting period. I mean it has gotten a bit tiresome man, especially given the fact you arent a child.

McNum said:
I was just thinking that having Shulk indirectly say that
Homs are worth more than High Entia in front of the soon-to-be High Entia Empress would rank highly in the boneheaded moves done by a JRPG protagonist. He should feel lucky that she didn't pick up on it.

For the second, I opened the door and did a Han Solo.
That is chase a few enemies into a very large group of enemies and run like hell.
I did have the party members comment on my lack of courage with that maneuver, too. Didn't know they could do that. I'll just clear the big room for delicious EXP and then try again. Looking at the room, there should be a level there.

I do feel that Shulk does come out with sillier comments as the game progresses,
Melia is clearly blinded to Shulk's questionable comments with lust for our mister Monado

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Aeana said:
I think the English dub is fantastic.

I think it's pretty great too, the only voice that seems a little off to me is Riki's. Maybe after I hear it for awhile (I just got him in my party) I'll get used to it, but I guess I'm just too used to the much higher voice in the Japanese version.

But yeah, most of the voice acting and translation is pretty good. Some odd changes here and there, but nothing that makes breaks the flow of the story.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Aeana said:
New title is perfect.

Leave it to Reyn!

I'm over 25 hours now, and I've just spent the last two hours completing the map of a couple sections. I think I could spend the never 10-12 hours on mapping and side quest before even processing the story. ;_;

KarmaCow

Just a question for near the end of the game.
I just entered the Machina capital, there is one more point of no return right? Are there any other events that will close off quests or is there just the one that is supposed to be very explicit?

McNum

Nocturnowl said:
I do feel that Shulk does come out with sillier comments as the game progresses,
Melia is clearly blinded to Shulk's questionable comments with lust for our mister Monado
I actually like Shulk, most of the time. He's the classic JRPG protagonist done right. Thre's only been a few times I've felt the urge to facepalm at his actions, most of the time he's pretty on point, or has a reason not to be. He's definitely has his awesome moments, from time to time, too.

About the spoilered part,
I like Sharla's role in that. She knows, and she's shipping Shulk and Melia. ("Shelia"?) That's both cute and hilarious. Go Sharla! Didn't see you as a shipper! I'm actually curious how that will play out. I do wonder if Shulk will break another JRPG tradition and pick up on it at some point.

Title pisses me off! Hate Ryen!
*party member spoiler*
Riki better than Ryen!
Wish Ryen could be removed forever! :(
/ryan hate

BTW title is prefect.

MicH

MatthewB92 said:
Title pisses me off! Hate Ryen!
*party member spoiler*
Riki better than Ryen!
Wish Ryen could be removed forever! :(
/ryan hate

BTW title is prefect.
Reyn is awesome, Ricki sucks :(

McNum said:
I actually like Shulk, most of the time. He's the classic JRPG protagonist done right. There's only been a few times I've felt the urge to facepalm at his actions, most of the time he's pretty on point, or has a reason not to be. He's definitely has his awesome moments, from time to time, too.

About the spoilered part,
I like Sharla's role in that. She knows, and she's shipping Shulk and Melia. ("Shelia"?) That's both cute and hilarious. Go Sharla! Didn't see you as a shipper! I'm actually curious how that will play out. I do wonder if Shulk will break another JRPG tradition and pick up on it at some point.

Oh I do like Shulk, but he still seems to fall into a few JRPG protagonist traps but I guess that's expected.
Sharla has the right idea purely on the basis of Melia being one of my favourite characters.

McNum

Nocturnowl said:
Oh I do like Shulk, but he still seems to fall into a few JRPG protagonist traps but I guess that's expected.
Sharla has the right idea purely on the basis of Melia being one of my favourite characters.
I see Xenoblade as a Reconstruction of the JRPG story, really. Yes, Shulk is the naive chosen one who's weirdly skilled with a sword, but it then explores what a character like that in a slightly deeper angle that you'd expect. Same with the opening, we've seen it all before until... that happens. I really like how they played it out, too. (opening spoilers)
I'm, of course talking about Fiora's death. The childhood friend? The perky rogue? They NEVER die in JRPGs, and Fiora is both! Then we see a vision of her getting stabbed to death. Then we see Shulk experience that exact same situation, while struggling to get up. So, of course, he's going to intervene any second now. And then Fiora is killed exactly like you were shown in the vision. And the game just stares you in the eye and says "This is how it is going to be. Deal with it."
You know you want to play on and see what happens next. And the game doesn't disappoint.

And yes,
I support Sharla's adventures in shipping, too. Melia is awesome, and unintentionally funny, too. After telling the laws of physics to sit down and shut up in a glorious magical display she yells "Now witness my TRUE power!" and runs up to the giant monster and hits it on the knee with her staff. Then does a gliding tackles and knocks it over. I love that.

wsippel

Banned
KarmaCow said:
Just a question for near the end of the game.
I just entered the Machina capital, there is one more point of no return right? Are there any other events that will close off quests or is there just the one that is supposed to be very explicit?
There is a pont of no return soon, but you're not all that close to the end. Anyway, if you have any Alcamoth quests still open, I'd suggest you do them before you progress any further.

KarmaCow

wsippel said:
There is a pont of no return soon, but you're not all that close to the end. Anyway, if you have any Alcamoth quests still open, I'd suggest you do them before you progress any further.
Well I figured it was close enough considering the 'reveal' at the capitol and there are probably just a few more left.

So is the one coming up the last one? I'm trying to leave the high exp stuff for just before the final boss, and the end/post game stuff for another save.

Top Bottom