• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Oxx

udivision said:
Is it really?
Getting the attention it deserves, I mean.

Probably not. It's one of the finest RPGs in recent years and it's going to sell less than 250k copies worldwide.

And because it's a Nintendo game, the prospects of it reaching a new audience in the future are probably limited to a Virtual Console release on WiiU.

Dascu

Mojojo said:
I am level 71, very advanced story-wise, I want to wrap up quests in some areas and with colony 6 before the 'events'.. And that's my problem I need some dark hox stuff and it's level 76.. How I am supposed to kill them?.. Do I have no other choice than grinding? I haven't found someone to trade that item with.. .. Oh and I still don't know what -area spoiler-
the perfect Ice flower in Valak flower is for
. -quest spoiler-
and where is the third giant stone for the door at the 3 sages summit?
None of the Colony 6 stuff is missable or timed. There's a bunch of items you can to get in areas that become inaccessible soon (assuming you are where I think you are), but all of those can be traded from NPCs in the other areas. So, there's no rush in beating those Dark Hox either.

As for the Perfect Ice Flower: It's a quest you get from NPCs in Colony 6, namely Ma'Crish (High Entia woman) or Berryjammy (the cute Nopon from Frontier Village). So, invite them over to Colony 6, maybe do some other quests they give you first, and eventually they'll give you a quest where you need that item.

Don't know about the third Giant item.

Just started...sheesh the textures are incredibly low-rez in the opening segment. Then you take control of Shulk and it looks 10X better.

Shit is overwhelming. So much to do!

Feep

Banned
DR2K said:
I wasn't interested then.
I mean, okay, but importing only takes a few weeks. NoA will take...like...probably eternity, but six months at best.

In three weeks, you'll be like, man, if only I had ordered it back then! Then I would have it now!

Does anyone still have hope for NoA? I guess it could happen. At this point though I myself don't care. I already am playing this game and anyone still waiting for NoA is pretty much a lost cause. Game is great.

It doesn't really matter at this point, frankly. There's no use in waiting for NoA to maybe make a decision about maybe releasing the game maybe in a reasonable time frame. The Europeans have stepped up and proven that there is still a western market for these games. If you want these games to be playable in a major European language (including English), just import and fight for region-free consoles.

Waiting on NoA is pointless at this point. Modding the Wii is painless and quick, the game costs about as much as it would here, and this game in particular is definitely worth playing.

All you need is patience, which unsurprisingly a lot of people don't seem to have.

Mojojo

Dascu said:
None of the Colony 6 stuff is missable or timed. There's a bunch of items you can to get in areas that become inaccessible soon (assuming you are where I think you are), but all of those can be traded from NPCs in the other areas. So, there's no rush in beating those Dark Hox either.

As for the Perfect Ice Flower: It's a quest you get from NPCs in Colony 6, namely Ma'Crish (High Entia woman) or Berryjammy (the cute Nopon from Frontier Village). So, invite them over to Colony 6, maybe do some other quests they give you first, and eventually they'll give you a quest where you need that item.

Don't know about the third Giant item.
Ok thanks, my problem with the dark hox is -big story spoiler inside-
that I need colony 6 Nature level to be level 4 to invite Don Argentis and one of his daughter, and i need the Dark Hox stuff for that. And if I advance in the story, well Alcamoth will be no more.. Or so it seems... I have a save before the Egil battle and one far after when the team is at Colony 6 and Shulk's comeback with his new Monado to fight the 'traitor'.. At that point I wasn't allowed still to port anywhere, so i am unsure about the status of Alcamoth denizens (the half-bloods anyway :p)

Ellis Kim

Banned
Rahxephon91 said:
Does anyone still have hope for NoA? I guess it could happen. At this point though I myself don't care. I already am playing this game and anyone still waiting for NoA is pretty much a lost cause. Game is great.
:(

:( :( :(

Sadist

Fuck, another downside for the game. It might be minor but eh.

Don't read until you are VERY far in the game or completed it.

I'm in the Bionis lung/hart, but good grief the path towards the fight with Kallian/Minister chick Tellethia is horrible. I wanted to grind for a bit, but at certain points I just get shoved off the walkway platform by the more massive Tellethia :') Very annoying.

Now I need to grind more. because I'm lvl 72 and she's lvl 75...

The Spoony Hou said:
FFXII is shit.

I wouldn't go that far, I dont like FFXII that much and all the town and landscape was flat and looked alot alike the other areas

and all the Characters end up playing the same :/

Rad-

FFXII IZJS is one of the best games ever made. Xenoblade is fun but no way it's anywhere near the quality of that. The only area where Xenoblade is the clear winner is environments.

Ledsen

The Spoony Hou said:
FFXII is the worst RPG I've ever played. It is tied with Tecmo Secret of the Stars.
What are you doing in this thread with such horrible taste :( xenoblade is the spiritual successor to FFXII, better gameplay but much worse character design.

Gambit

Rad- said:
FFXII IZJS is one of the best games ever made. Xenoblade is fun but no way it's anywhere near the quality of that. The only area where Xenoblade is the clear winner is environments.

and music, and main character, and (so far) how the story is told, and...

Seriously, FFXII was a gigantic waste of an opportunity. It had so many elements that should have been better.

Anyway, back on topic: didn't get to play yesterday at all but read up on gem crafting a little bit. It seems very complicated, but I love that such a deep system seems to be completely optional. That's how I like it.

Finally, thank the gaf-Lords for the new thread title.

Ledsen said:
What are you doing in this thread with such horrible taste :( xenoblade is the spiritual successor to FFXII, better gameplay but much worse character design.
Xenoblade doesn't have Vaan, so it has better character design.

Also, FFXII failed in almost every area, it's just a poor man's Xenoblade, if you really have to compare the games.

But I wouldn't compare Xenoblade with shit, please don't lower it to that level.

Rad-

Gambit said:
and music, and main character, and (so far) how the story is told, and..

Music in both games is great. Vaan sucked but other than the first 2 hours, it didn't matter because you could switch Balthier as the main character anyways (who is one of the most awesome characters ever). Story was pretty underwhelming in both games but XII had much better presentation.

there are 480 quests in Xenoblade

DMPrince said:
better than Piracy is bannable still, guys.

and plus

Reyn is awesome. forever and ever.

lol yeah, i was thinking more about a case of jealous mods :D

a question relating gifts: how many do I have to trade to improve affinity? I'm giving Sharla a lot of peppery stuff (from Shulk) and she likes it very much (two hearts). Maybe my pepperish stuff isn't enough?

ymmv

Banned
The Spoony Hou said:
FFXII is shit.

The Spoony Hou said:
FFXII is the worst RPG I've ever played. It is tied with Tecmo Secret of the Stars.

The Spoony Hou said:
Xenoblade doesn't have Vaan, so it has better character design.

Also, FFXII failed in almost every area, it's just a poor man's Xenoblade, if you really have to compare the games.

But I wouldn't compare Xenoblade with shit, please don't lower it to that level.

You're doing a great job at derailing this thread with your stupidity.

i don't understand AI pattern.. it is random ? they use certain attacks if you use attack x ? they use certain attacks on certain enemies ?

Luigiv

Warren Ellis said:
i don't understand AI pattern.. it is random ? they use certain attacks if you use attack x ? they use certain attacks on certain enemies ?
Which AI? Party member AI? Because in that case, they seem to attack using some sort of pre-programmed strategy. There is some randomness, of course, but generally they'll behave in a manner that makes sense in the context of the fight. Eg, If you inflict an enemy with break using Shulk, Reyn will usually use a toppling art if he can.

CrunchyFrog said:
Really fantastic game so far. I've sunk 11 hours in and I'm only onto the Bionis leg section (though I am a compulsive finish absolutely everything before moving on kind of person).
As someone who plays the same exact way, let me tell you this in all honesty...

You are already dead.

I'd say 80% of the 10 hours I played yesterday was on side questy stuff or just running off the beaten path.

Majmun

WTF at the FFXII haters. The game is a masterpiece.

I'd say both FFXII and Xenoblade are equally good. But I think I'd still prefer FFXII in the end. The game is magic.

The only thing that Xenoblade does better are the environments.

-KRS-

Fuck, this game needs another shipment!
Has anything been confirmed in that regard?

Played a friend's copy yesterday for a bit. Why is it that ladies in RPGs always dress like whores? Not that I mind, but it makes it a bit weird to play with women in the room for example. Oh well the game is fantastic and I need to buy it.

wsippel

Banned
Second said:

I'd say both FFXII and Xenoblade are equally good. But I think I'd still prefer FFXII in the end. The game is magic.

And the better combat system, story and characters.

Second said:

While I love both games, a lot of Xenoblade's elements feel like refined versions of FF XII's. And it gets rid of a lot of the fluff/user-unfriendly design that many JRPGs tend to have. I could definitely see it rising above XII in my "favorite JRPG (if not game) of all time category", if the rest of my time with it is as magnificent as my first 10 hours have been so far.

Peru

synt4x said:
Fuck, this game needs another shipment!
Has anything been confirmed in that regard?

Played a friend's copy yesterday for a bit. Why is it that ladies in RPGs always dress like whores? Not that I mind, but it makes it a bit weird to play with women in the room for example. Oh well the game is fantastic and I need to buy it.

Well the entire country is sold out of the game here, and they said they'd get more next week.

synt4x said:
Why is it that ladies in RPGs always dress like whores? Not that I mind, but it makes it a bit weird to play with women in the room for example. Oh well the game is fantastic and I need to buy it.

Reyn is dressed like a whore too.

The shops are totally pointless for equipment in this game, I haven't come across anything that is better than the gear I've found in the wild. I'm at Gaur Plains and I've already got like 400k from selling spare equipment.

Limitation of 99:59 hours removed, confirmed by myself :p

XB101h.png

Duki

Banned
how the fuck do i kill this bugworm dick in like the first cave of the game

it says hes level 10 but hes whooping my ass even though im higher :(

son of a bitch poisons me and it lasts fuckin forever

and its such a pain clearing his friends around him before fighting him every time you die smh

ymmv

Banned
Duki said:
how the fuck do i kill this bugworm dick in like the first cave of the game

it says hes level 10 but hes whooping my ass even though im higher :(

son of a bitch poisons me and it lasts fuckin forever

and its such a pain clearing his friends around him before fighting him every time you die smh

Just skip him, go up the bridge above him to continue.

Top Bottom