• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Wow the game majorly glitched on me last night.

I'm right at the end and I'd just killed or what seemed like I had
Shulk in his god form
and I got the last hit in and...
he
just disappeared and I was left with nowhere out but wander around the small confined arena with just a waypoint/landmark in the centre and it wouldn't progress...

So weird.

I was hoping to finish the game last night before my hols but now I'll have to start that whole last segment again :(

KarmaCow

XPE said:
Where the hell are the ENT ANTOLS in the snowy region?

There are two regions from what I can remember.

The top middle of the upper map. I think you might need to go there from the top route.

Take the Hollow Bone route and make the jump twice to land on a level with a bunch of Ent Antols and unique spider monster.

CoolS

Finally started questng in Makna Forest. Good god that area is huge, will take me quite some time till I'll find the mobs for the first batch of quests. But it's nice too level up again, I prefer being a bit higher in terms of levels than the story bosses :)

So far my only "complaint" is the fact that this game really fucks with my OCD. I really wanna press on with the story
Fiora's dead and I just returned Juju to Sharla
but I just keep getting bombarded with sidequests that I obviously have to do. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but goddamn Monolith. Let me catch my breath here...

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
JumpingTheGun said:
So far my only "complaint" is the fact that this game really fucks with my OCD. I really wanna press on with the story
Fiora's dead and I just returned Juju to Sharla
but I just keep getting bombarded with sidequests that I obviously have to do. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but goddamn Monolith. Let me catch my breath here...
You sound like the guy who complained that he "had" to get the platinum medals in DKC Returns...

Just skip quests, and do the ones you feel like doing...

manueldelalas said:
You sound like the guy who complained that he "had" to get the platinum medals in DKC Returns...

Just skip quests, and do the ones you feel like doing...

Im not that bad dude. And this game is just so damn awesome I cant help but want to do as much as I can.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
JumpingTheGun said:
Im not that bad dude. And this game is just so damn awesome I cant help but want to do as much as I can.
Not to mention that once you get to the end of the game, you'll find that not doing quests really hurts your overall level when going against bosses.

McNum

JumpingTheGun said:
I killed a unique enemy earlier and now I need to kill it for a sidequest and its gone. Is there a way to get it to respawn?
Save/reload or change the time by about 12 hours. Repeat until the target respawns. You can do this right next to where it's supposed to spawn, but I suggest outside aggro range.

daakusedo

I was fighting a 99 monster while being at 80, so no surprise, I wasn't a threat for him, but during the battle, I don't know how it happened, but he lost half of his life. I guessed that was a counter attack but that didn't work again.

And about the gem craft, when do you have to speed up?

So for people who have completed the collectopia including the others category
Is it possible to trade for the Love Sauce? Even with trading bonus I just miss the mark it seems (maybe I need to link it and have it stack). Though having a look it seems to drops from the super bosses...Final Marcus it is, night time and snow here we come. Or the level 108 one,
(strategy thoughts)
in theory I can use demon slayer on his buddies to topple him and then focus the battle on that tactic with topple up gems etc (inflicting topple while toppled increases topple time it seems). Its a bit tough as I can only hit 18 seconds (or 24 if I can trust AI Melia to use starlight kick) and my recharge time will be more than that...guess I'll have to chain attack.

Apart from that once I've maxed affinity and done all the heart to hearts I'll be calling it quits and saying I'm done. 110 hours of goodness but could have easily been half of that.

Zornica said:
lvl80+ spoiler
there is a questchain starting in frontiervillage for that. something about killing 5 aora telethias
~6pm, groundfloot (2nd level) at the tree entrance
Yeah I kinda figured something was up when
I got a quest to go to one of the inaccessible areas

daakusedo said:
And about the gem craft, when do you have to speed up?
Just speed it up to spare yourself from having to spend 2 hours watching the animations and hearing the "to me..to you...".

Knux-Future said:
Zavvi just sent me an email asking me to review the game.... Um I kinda need it first.
Then review Zavvi instead and give it 1/5...I always did find it odd when people did that in retailer reviews (its the product you're reviewing; not the retailer).

there are 21 pages in the collecto, just pace yourself according to that

almost done my second playthrough, this one is clocking about 15 hours

i might try a speedrun when i'm done my second. i think i can do it under 12 hours if i hit all the apexs and skip everything

Dascu

xtrasauce said:
I just arrived to the
snowy region
, can anyone tell me roughly what percentage of the story I have completed?
You're over halfway, at least.

quinntendopower said:
almost done my second playthrough, this one is clocking about 15 hours

i might try a speedrun when i'm done my second. i think i can do it under 12 hours if i hit all the apexs and skip everything
What. You really get enough EXP from the boss battles and Landmarks?

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
10 hours into the game, and some awesome shit happened!

I was exploring Bionis' Leg and came to a secret place in the second level (Observation Platform, I think, need to check it), I was calmly returning back when a fucking enormous cliffclimber bird appeared out of nowhere (was climbing the cliff obviously, and I never saw him coming), and I escaped as fast as I could, but the bird was much faster and beat the crap out of me... Was like a RE cheap scare, but I wasn't expecting it (I mean, when you play RE, you kind of expect those things).

Awesome game

MicH

Sooo many quests in Colony 9 I'm having trouble with.

I need some evidence of what a loan shark has done? Where am I supposed to look?
I need a Blue Glass Bead? Again - where?? :p
Lake Mag-something I need to beat. Can't find it :(

Also god damn a huge bird on top of Anti-Air Battery 3. Beat the crap out of it :p

MicH

bigdaddygamebot said:
Night time...(I believe)

Down, down, down below Outlook Point is a "pool".

It's down there swimming with some other fish.
Thanks, I'll look for it! I guess I only looked during the day :p

Zafir

MicH said:
Sooo many quests in Colony 9 I'm having trouble with.

I need some evidence of what a loan shark has done? Where am I supposed to look?
I need a Blue Glass Bead? Again - where?? :p
Lake Mag-something I need to beat. Can't find it :(

Also god damn a huge bird on top of Anti-Air Battery 3. Beat the crap out of it :p
Is the blue glass bead the one which is behind the crate to the right of the resedential district?

Mojojo

dammit, my team is level 73 and I can't beat a level 70 Unique
Majestic Mordred >.< ; the beginning of the fight goes well, but under 50% of hp it goes crazy with its specials. And he is in an area I don't think I can come back to , as its my second time in there, to make the Warblades ...

JumpingTheGun said:
of course NoA wont bring Xenoblade here, but would anyone be really suprised if Shulk and/or Reyn were in the next Smash Bros installment?

Shulk will be a playable character, obviously.

Reyn will be an assist, with the attack REYN TIME!

This will be so.

Andrew.

Banned
Everytime I chill with my buddy that has this game....he says it everytime...and i feel the same way....this is the Wii??? i never thought the Wii was capable of this kind of masterpiece.

Sorry, I have a question for all of you. I've heard the possibility to download few tracks of this game OST by owning it, but how can I do? Because in the italian website nothing mentions this (while in the english website there's a PR about it). Thanks!

Finally, after 10 days, it arrived at my home on Thursday. I managed to play sometime between yesterday and today, and god. This game is great.

After 6 hours of playing I just got out of Colony 9 and on my way to
Colony 6
, and I haven't done all the side-quest, or explored the whole place.
And when Shulk and Reyn got on the knee? This game is MASSIVE.

As already said multiple times in this thread, Best RPG of this gen.

Let's hope than The Last Story is at least on par.

Chaos

electroplankton said:
Sorry, I have a question for all of you. I've heard the possibility to download few tracks of this game OST by owning it, but how can I do? Because in the italian website nothing mentions this (while in the english website there's a PR about it). Thanks!

In the UK I registered the game on club nintendo to get the soundtrack.

electroplankton said:

You need to make a Club Nintendo UK account, register the game, then the download should appear under the Treasures section on the Account menu.

electroplankton said:
You have to register your game on the club nintendo website with the code you get with your game. Then you can find the OST sample in the "treasures" section on club nintendo, ready to download ;)

Eklesp

I have not been able to stick with a turn based RPG since I was a kid, but it looks like the combat is much more interactive in this.
Might have to try and find it.

Eklesp said:
I have not been able to stick with a turn based RPG since I was a kid, but it looks like the combat is much more interactive in this.
Might have to try and find it.

Well, this isn't turn based.
It's a real time battle system with cooldowns.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Aconn1283 said:
Everytime I chill with my buddy that has this game....he says it everytime...and i feel the same way....this is the Wii??? i never thought the Wii was capable of this kind of masterpiece.
What continues to blow me away is the sheer scope. Late in the game, there are instances where you can see places you've been to in the past from high vantage points. The fact that the developers took that into consideration is fantastic.

Top Bottom