• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

MicH

Mother of god, I just finished a quite intensive quest-chain in Satorl Marsh
where I ended up fighting THREE GOD DAMN GIGANTIC SPIDERS! Also beat the Daksha Shrine one. Urgh so many spiders

Mael

MicH said:
where I ended up fighting THREE GOD DAMN GIGANTIC SPIDERS! Also beat the Daksha Shrine one. Urgh so many spiders
I beat the last one way after I finished that quest :lol

Luigiv said:
Let me introduce you to my good friend, the claw.
PSP_Claw.jpg

:lol

Mael

Luigiv said:
Let me introduce you to my good friend, the claw.
[IMG ]http://images.wikia.com/monsterhunter/images/b/b9/PSP_Claw.jpg[/IMG]
And there's only 1 game I'll tolerate that kind of torture...

Muskweeto said:
I'll still wait a bit, I want to be sure there's not going to be a NA version before I do anything.
You're going to be waiting a very long time. Tell me, what are the NA release dates for Disaster: Day of Crisis, Another Code R, and Last Window?

Muskweeto

Jaded Alyx said:
You're going to be waiting a very long time. Tell me, what are the NA release dates for Disaster: Day of Crisis, Another Code R, and Last Window?
I just mean it's still early, I'll wait a month or two and if there's still no word, I'll import it. I've got games to tide me over until then.

Luigiv

manueldelalas said:
And you just proved my point, how is using the claw more comfortable than using W+N???
Well, I for one enjoy major carpal tunnel.
Did anyone actually think I was serious?

MicH

Muskweeto said:
I just mean it's still early, I'll wait a month or two and if there's still no word, I'll import it. I've got games to tide me over until then.
Let's hope NoE will print more copies of the game then.

Also I can't believe that GAME UK STILL has not responded to my e-mails. It has been almost TWO WEEKS since I wrote the first one (three weeks since shipping tomorrow) and no answer, no game. How hard can it be, GAME? Christ.

Gvaz

Banned
I think you're the only one who chooses arts while moving. I rarely do it and when I do I just use the claw or my other hand, it's not like I need my fingers on the buttons to hit something on the fly.

Either way I'm controlling the camera much more than changing arts while moving soooo...

MicH said:
I actually tried to run away through the lizard hall on the floor below and they still chased me through there. Freaked me out!

LProtag

Got to
Frontier Village
where it seems they
basically throw the rest of the main six, besides the 7th who I hear you get much later, at you
so I'll have to start deciding who to use more often. Also I'm around the same level if not lower than some random enemies, though I'm making my way through them without too much difficulty. I should probably go back to
Satorl Marsh
and
the jungle
and do some quests I missed out on. I kinda breezed through those areas without doing much in terms of questing.

Now just have to figure out how to fine-tune my party... I kinda like it the way it is though with
Shulk, Dunban and Sharla

LProtag

Oh, if I really have to be moving and making my way to an art that's a bit far away on my bar, I just pull my right hand over and use that to move while using the left for the d-pad. Though that only happens in dire situations or when I'm out of position and really need to capitalize on a topple or something.

thefro

Muskweeto said:
So, homebrew can allow me to run the game from the disk with a simple 5 min. hack? Sounds good to me, I'll look into it. Thanks for that.

I'll still wait a bit, I want to be sure there's not going to be a NA version before I do anything.

Be sure to check the GAF Tutorial out

Kyuuketsu_Night said:
I'm itching to play Xenoblade.. but I don't wanna wait for shipping to Japan when I can just walk into a store here and pick up the jp version. It seems like most of those online stores are also sold out =x Anyone played the jp version?

Yeah, you'd better have your Kanji and vocab down pat if you're going to try it.

Zafir said:
How come you restarted?
I think he got stuck on a boss (a rather late game one too) and decided to restart for the hell of it...ened up accidentally overwriting the old save so theres no choice in the matter now.

manueldelalas said:
If there was an option to switch arts and navigate the menu with L and R buttons, I would agree, but no movement while changing arts and no movement while navigating menus makes the CC Pro a worse choice than the Wiimote+Nunchuck...

Also, separated hands>>non separated...

W+N for me.

I generally don't tend to move while navigating menus...either I'm moving OR checking the menu, I don't see how that's a big deal. About moving while changing arts, I guess it depends on your approach to fights. I find the art, move, art, move not so uncomfortable...again, that's my opinion

Kyuuketsu_Night said:
I'm itching to play Xenoblade.. but I don't wanna wait for shipping to Japan when I can just walk into a store here and pick up the jp version. It seems like most of those online stores are also sold out =x Anyone played the jp version?

You may have to use a dictionary for the High Entia if you want to get everything.

Alrus

Sadist said:
Gna gna

About Conlony 9 quests:

- Where are the remaining Mementos of a Lost Son? I found the Armour

They're always in hidden areas in a few different zones I think it's
Bionis Leg, Satoshi marsh and Makna forest. The name of the landmarks I don't remember. One of them is near the darsha shrine in bionis leg though.

MicH

donkey show said:
I actually tried to run away through the lizard hall on the floor below and they still chased me through there. Freaked me out!
That is eerie as hell. Urgh. Glad I knocked them down on the spot :p

Also I FINALLY managed to find both missing "items"!! They were hidden very, very well. Managed to do all quests I could find in Satorl Marsh.

However, I now have trouble with another quest (from Colony 9):

Emmy Leather wants me to find her a weapon in Satorl Marsh or armor in the storage area in Colony 6. I can't find either of them. Can anyone help?

MicH said:
Emmy Leather wants me to find her a weapon in Satorl Marsh or armor in the storage area in Colony 6. I can't find either of them. Can anyone help?
You get the weapon from a Nopon at the end of Satorl Marsh -- right in front of those two huge statues you had to climb.

MicH

slaughterking said:
You get the weapon from a Nopon at the end of Satorl Marsh. Right in front of those two huge statues you had to climb up to the top.
Ah, he was the only one I forgot about. Even checked the one in the refuge, lol :D Thanks a lot!

Reveirg

Hmmm still can't find the NPC who gives Search Quest 1 in
Alcamoth
, I'm pretty sure that's the last quest I need to do there...

Dascu

Exterminieren said:
God damn it, where are the
Hades Beetles
? I've been looking for them for hours.
They're an uncommon item drop in Makna Forest. Try checking out the hidden or more remote areas of the map. Those usually have higher chances of spawning rare items.

I bet some NPC trades them too, but I don't know which one.

Finally got to start playing this. ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE.

I am now in the mines heading into Colony 6. I finished up all the quests on Guar Plains (well, the timed ones anyway) and I'm probably a bit overleveled, but oh well. Incredible game. The scenery never stops being jaw-dropping.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
How long does it take unique monsters to respawn? I killed one and now I need to kill it for a quest. Kind of don't want to progress the story until I kill it since it's a timed quest.

It's
Vagrant Alfead
if that makes any difference.

MicH

Intro-storyrelated question (spoilered for the sake of those who haven't played it):
When Fiora brings food to Shulk in Outlook Park, Fiora mentions that there hasn't been much "falling" lately (and some black pieces is seen falling from the sky). Is it from the Mechonis? Is this touched upon later on in the game, or was that the only mention on "falling"?

Top Bottom