• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

artwalknoon said:
Modding is guaranteed to work right? Cuz honestly, I know it shouldn't but it does worry me. I've never messed with any of my consoles before. If I have issues modding who do I contact?

About the CC I would prefer it for camera controls but that's it. With the wii and analog set up do you use the digital pad to move the camera?
You hold the c button then use the d-pad to move the camera around.

CoolS

duckroll said:
Sounds physically painful.
Depends, you can alway just center the camera behind you with a tap of the c button. I think it's more painfull that you have to decide between moving ore selecting a technique in combat with the CC.

duckroll

CoolS said:
Depends, you can alway just center the camera behind you with a tap of the c button. I think it's more painfull that you have to decide between moving ore selecting a technique in combat with the CC.

I cannot play games with a movable camera without moving it constantly as I move around.

watershed

Banned
I just tried to buy it from GAME and they wouldn't accept my order. I got a message asking me to call customer service. Kinda sucks.

artwalknoon said:
I just tried to buy it from GAME and they wouldn't accept my order. I got a message asking me to call customer service. Kinda sucks.

Same happened to me

You have PO Box or APO address. Guessing that's why if so.

watershed

Banned
AgentOtaku said:
Same happened to me

You have PO Box or APO address. Guessing that's why if so.
Nope, just a simple US street address. I'm not sure what to do now :( Try a different retailer? Man I wish amazon.co.uk would ship internationally.

artwalknoon said:
Nope, just a simple US street address. I'm not sure what to do now :( Try a different retailer? Man I wish amazon.co.uk would ship internationally.

I'm in the same boat for amazon.com :-D

This morning I said a big FU to all the sidequests and started blazing through the story missions and going somewhat out of my way to discover landmarks and stuff. OCD won't win me over on this game. Just got into

AREA+QUEST DESCRIPTION
hovering kingdom in the Eryth Sea (forgot the name), saved some mechanic and am now ambushed by the Inquisitors.
Shit starts picking up now. Sogood.jpg (lvl 38 btw)

watershed

Banned
StevePharma said:

This morning I said a big FU to all the sidequests and started blazing through the story missions and going somewhat out of my way to discover landmarks and stuff. OCD won't win me over on this game. Just got into

AREA+QUEST DESCRIPTION
hovering kingdom in the Eryth Sea (forgot the name), saved some mechanic and am now ambushed by the Inquisitors.

So which retailer did you order from? Did you have any issues with shipping/placing your order?

artwalknoon said:
So which retailer did you order from? Did you have any issues with shipping/placing your order?

Sorry, should've clarified. I'm Dutch, so I can just walk into a store and get it. What I tried to say was that I always those US Amazon deals with Amazon credit or other cool bonuses that I can't get into Europe because of shipping issues.

Luigiv

duckroll said:
I cannot play games with a movable camera without moving it constantly as I move around.
So are you actually going to play the game this time? Or will your support remain spiritual?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Mistle said:
- Here's an album with 20 or so pics -
Click 'download full resolution" for bigger versions. Last two just show the lighting changes for night time and sunset.

Here's one of my favourites:

You do know that you have to play through this game in that mode and make more screenshots, right? :p

I want that as an alternative graphics mode.

I was downloading Dolphin just to try it out, but when I put my DVD in the PC and tried to start Dolphin it just crashes :(

Toma said:
I was downloading Dolphin just to try it out, but when I put my DVD in the PC and tried to start Dolphin it just crashes :(

Normal PC DVD drives can't read wii discs, you either need to buy a specific drive or rip the disc using your wii.

Reknoc

Yessssssss frontier village. This is the best thing. Might as well stop playing now as nowhere will be as good as this place.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
MiloFoxburr said:
Normal PC DVD drives can't read wii discs, you either need to buy a specific drive or rip the disc using your wii.
Ah damn, thanks.

Diffense

artwalknoon said:

Same thing happened to me (regular street address here too).
It could have something to do with the type of charge card used.
I went ahead and ordered by phone.

ksamedi

There's an insane amount of quests in this game. I spent more then 12 hours just in the first area completing quests and I'm still not done it seems. I'm really loving it. Exploring all parts of the map finding new areas is really fun.

A question:
In the Tetra cave there is a door hidden behind a waterfall. It requires a key to open. Anyone know where to find this key?

So after the first dungeon and the attack
on the town
, will I still be able to complete the side missions or am I screwed?

Also I just fixed the clock and can't find the chick that wants it back!

schennmu said:
So after the first dungeon and the attack
on the town
, will I still be able to complete the side missions or am I screwed?
No, you're not. Quests wont expire as long as they are not marked with a clock.

Look in the affinity menu to see at what time she is active and then just run around town looking for someone with a red exclamation mark.

wrowa

schennmu said:
I feel with you. I had to search for her for a long time too. Somehow she never was at the place where I first talked to her again. The affinity chart didn't really help either... I knew in which district she was! And when! But somehow I've never found her...

I found her in the end near the gem crafting machine (search in the evening at the gate that connects the commercial district and the gem crafting district [yes, I just made up the gem crafting district, it's a nice place]). But I don't know if I was just lucky :lol

Mistle

Soooooooooo many quests.... Too many, to be honest. Even if I complete one, I get like three more, and they all stack up. I love the game but I think I'm going to have to learn to just ignore a lot of the quests. I just don't have enough time to do all of them, or even half of them really, as I want to progress with the game.

Netto-kun

ksamedi said:
A question:
In the Tetra cave there is a door hidden behind a waterfall. It requires a key to open. Anyone know where to find this key?
You won't get the key (which is part of an end game sidequest) until later.

slaughterking said:
No, you're not. Quests wont expire as long as they are not marked with a clock.

Look in the affinity menu to see at what time she is active and then just run around town looking for someone with a red exclamation mark.

Cool, thanks! Didn't know you could check the time they are active, this game never fails to surprise.

wrowa said:
I feel with you. I had to search for her for a long time too. Somehow she never was at the place where I first talked to her again. The affinity chart didn't really help either... I knew in which district she was! And when! But somehow I've never found her...

I found her in the end near the gem crafting machine (search in the evening at the gate that connects the commercial district and the gem crafting district [yes, I just made up the gem crafting district, it's a nice place]). But I don't know if I was just lucky :lol

Gem crafting district is the shit! :)

kiryogi

Banned
StevePharma said:

AREA+QUEST DESCRIPTION
That was my approach to the game versus what Bebpo did. I had an MMO background so I knew what I was getting into and that my OCD would burn me out. Unfortunately when I was a bit before the point no return, I started to do massive sidequesting and tapered off there.

7threst

slaughterking said:

So quests are only active on certain times? That explains a lot... I have a hard time finding people from whom I accepted a quest. It would have been nice if you could put certain quests on 'active' so that the arrow points you in the right direction to finish the quest.

slaughterking said:

If you're close enough to the person, a red exclamation mark shows on the mini-map as well.

Same goes for when you're looking for quests. Just be warned that the landmark and quest symbols on the mini-map are surprisingly very similar :D

Zafir

Only just checking the quest on the quest menu. It usually tells you a rough location. If it's an item, or person, then the red !'ll be on the map when you get near by.

Dommel

Had to bike all over town last friday to get my hands on the controller edition, only one store had it in stock.

Then when I got home I discovered my Wii couldn't read the DL disc (probably because it was gathering dust in a closet for the last 1.5 years). Loaded other games just fine though.

Spend 3 hours getting it to work using Homebrew Channel, CFG loader etc.

But this game is so worth all the trouble I had to go through. Only 4 hours in but it's so amazing already.

The Desiree girl who you're fixing the clock for can be quite tricky to find, she walks around a lot, you're best off looking around the fringes of the commercial district/near the gem seller and along that top walkway that goes from the commercial district to the central plaza

Two holyshit moments so far. You may or may not experience the second one, depending on how well you guess/analyze the plot.

This game is deep.
A 40 year old veteran warrior, hero of a tribe, forced to join a bunch of savages in order to feed his starving children.

Can we get one thread on the actual game and one thread on finding a copy? I've had mine for a couple days now, and would love to get some recommendations on how far leveled up I should be before entering Tetra Cave. I'm sitting around 9 right now, and am getting my ass handed to me.

Zafir

I was level 10 when I entered those
caves
for the first time, and I had some trouble with the caterpillar unique. My advice is to skip that unique, and go around(You can turn to the left just before the room). There is also another unique a bit later which can be a bit difficult at first, however if you pull the two near by mobs and kill them first, then it becomes much easier.

Superblatt said:
Can we get one thread on the actual game and one thread on finding a copy? I've had mine for a couple days now, and would love to get some recommendations on how far leveled up I should be before entering Tetra Cave. I'm sitting around 9 right now, and am getting my ass handed to me.
If they are of similar levels to you, you should be ok. The colours of their name plate should be yellow, white or blue.

The spoiler, is it my post? Its not really a spoiler, you will get it when you reach a certain point in the game. But I will tag it.

MicH

According to my ninja calculations, my copy from GAME should arrive tomorrow. Unfortunately, I'm not home until Wednesday, lol, so it doesn't really matter.

Brannon said:
Well I did make a spoiler thread of sorts, but it died.

Horribly.

Spoiler threads are only useful for people who have completed the game, and I don't believe anyone has yet :p

Superblatt said:

You can probably get a few more levels and pass through easily
The
caterpilllar
unique can be avoided (it doesn't aggro) however there is a unique further on that will attack you if you're too close
be weary of a group of small lizards near the entrance of the Mag Mell Ruins
it will be lurking very close to there

Bennettt2

Finally got a Wii with Mario Galaxy 2, Mario Kart, and Just Dance 2. Xenoblade expected to come in the mail in only 2 days. Woohoo!

Dommel

Superblatt said:

I went in around level 9, had to skip all the uniques. Second time you go there story-wise I could do the 2 other uniques but even at level 12 the caterpillar unique still kicks my ass.

Top Bottom