• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Varion said:
That got me as well, until I managed to escape back downstairs, then lure them out one at a time.

Revenge is sweet.

Sounds like a plan, I didn't think of that
How many of them are there? I just saw a shit load of legs and then dived off the side of the cliff lol

Zafir

I had to do that kind of pulling one by one for the bridge quest.
The one where you have to clear the bridge so the colony 6 villagers can travel back
. Was level 28 and there was 6 level 30s, followed by another 6 level 32s.

RPGCrazied said:
Lol. :p

How can someone have the best jRPG this gen has seen still sealed for 3 days? You feeling okay?

I've had my copy since June 2010 and I only started playing seriously last week.
2mmsleq.jpg

14-month-old pic:

udivision

Amneisac said:
Serious question, if this really sells that well in Europe, won't NoA likely bring it to the USA eventually?
It's possible... I'm just gonna wait. If it happens, I get Xenoblade configured for my region. If not, I import Xenoblade at a discounted price.

Finally ordered my copy from 365games.co.uk. I was originally trying to order from GAME, but was getting the anti-fraud alert message from three cards. I even called the credit card company and they couldn't help me complete the order. Didn't want to bother calling the UK to sort it out.

Ain't in any hurry though. School starts up next week for me, so I should be busy enough to not obsess over its arrival. But seriously, reading this thread is torture. I better bail out before I spoil myself.

Die Squirrel Die said:
Will I need to beat
the unique lizard man
because he has just slaughtered me everytime so far. I'm not very good with the predicting the future stuff.
I don't know, since I did beat him before going through that door.
But yeah, he gave me a lot of trouble too. Pretty fierce fellow.

Aeana

Die Squirrel Die said:
Will I need to beat
the unique lizard man
because he has just slaughtered me everytime so far. I'm not very good with the predicting the future stuff.
Find the side door key on the ledge below the side door, and you can sneak in behind the lizards.

Die Squirrel Die said:
Will I need to beat
the unique lizard man

No, just
sneak behind them

Die Squirrel Die said:
Will I need to beat
the unique lizard man
No, you can sneak past without alerting any of the enemies

teiresias

So how much is a classic controller nowadays? Is it worth importing the copy bundled with one, or just to import the game and buy the controller locally?

OK question. Maybe a couple of questions :p
1st!
In Colony 9 I couldn't find any more quest to do and only have 2 more to go, my question is one of the quest I have to... I'll put it in spoilers just to be save.
Anyways you have to go behind that dragon thing(lol) to get the thing the little boys father left him. Can I get that right now or do I have to wait until I can kill that thing?
Question two! *Note only read if you got to the big field after leaving Colony 9.
So I just saw juju get taking away blah blah blah, anywho I'm level 21, is this under leveled or just ok?

BlazingDarkness said:
HOLY FUCK
giant spider ambush fffuuuu
Same shit happen to me lol. I ran lol.

teiresias said:
So how much is a classic controller nowadays? Is it worth importing the copy bundled with one, or just to import the game and buy the controller locally?
should be $20 for a CC Pro. i got it with MH Tri bundle a week or so back for $30.

b3b0p

I had this problem with fraud on my Chase Amazon Visa card. I called in 4 times and made 3 orders with Game. I wanted the special edition bad enough. The 3rd order finally went through.

Gotta recharge batteries, just entered
Varak Mountains
at level 47.

Even if the previous cutscenes at
Prison Island
told us pretty much what we already knew beforehand, the last bit made me wonder if
the Mechon are as bad as they seem. Of course there's the usual asshole like Mumuka in the lot but maybe they are just trying to "convert" people into machines to try to prevent something big (maybe the revival of the Bionis) that would doom everyone.

We'll see when I can resume playing.

MatthewB92 said:
Question two! *Note only read if you got to the big field after leaving Colony 9.
So I just saw juju get taking away blah blah blah, anywho I'm level 21, is this under leveled or just ok?

You're actually overlevelled.
The next boss is only level 18.

OK, I'm apparently blind or illiterate (potentially both)...I have had this Monster Quest 3 Part 4 since the beginning of the game, and can't for the life of me find the Light Skeeters anywhere. :|

Peff

Varion said:
That got me as well, until I managed to escape back downstairs, then lure them out one at a time.

Revenge is sweet.

Tell me about it, haha. That line of quests was pretty awesome.

Has anybody figured out how to get
that magical stone guarded by the Lv 90 monster where you save Juju from the tentacles?

Dunbar

I used the LetterBomb method to install HBC on my 4.3U Wii. What is the best region-free method from there? The only thing I want is to be able to play Xenoblade on my US Wii; I don't need or want any other functionality.

kiryogi

Banned
Been watching more vids and streams. I absolutely love the Britlish, it's such a shocker. I was planning to play it with the dub as a new experience, but it's almost my preferred choice now. It's really charming.

The funny bit tho, my friend comments about how much bad this woulda been in typical dub hands in comparison. JYB for instance. . . And it's so true D: Were NoA to actually release it and redub it, it'll probably be such a massive disappointment.

squall23

bubnbob said:
I'm at
Prison Island

How far is this? Thanks. I feel like I'm about to reach the "half way point" or at least "the end of Act 1"
It's more like 40% of the game, not quite half way but almost there. Half way point is when you
get Fiorun back as a party member

Zafir

Peff said:
Tell me about it, haha. That line of quests was pretty awesome.

Has anybody figured out how to get
that magical stone guarded by the Lv 90 monster where you save Juju from the tentacles?
The quest giver said something about getting dynamite from the mines. You can get up from the Wind Caves but the circular path is blocked by some rocks. So I'm guessing you use that dynamite on those rocks to get up and behind the level 90. It's currently on my list of quests to do before I move on with the story.

And wow, I wish I hadn't read that spoiler in the last post. Last time I ever do that. I sort of already knew it was coming though, damn poster.

kiryogi said:
Been watching more vids and streams. I absolutely love the Britlish, it's such a shocker. I was planning to play it with the dub as a new experience, but it's almost my preferred choice now. It's really charming.

The funny bit tho, my friend comments about how much bad this woulda been in typical dub hands in comparison. JYB for instance. . . And it's so true D: Were NoA to actually release it and redub it, it'll probably be such a massive disappointment.

It's just so bizarre and annoying how much they yell during battles, though (in both languages). I know it serves the gameplay purpose of letting you know who's using which attack, since they yell out the names of their attacks right before they do them, but it's still off-putting.

kiryogi

Banned
SecretMoblin said:
It's just so bizarre and annoying how much they yell during battles, though (in both languages). I know it serves the gameplay purpose of letting you know who's using which attack, since they yell out the names of their attacks right before they do them, but it's still off-putting.

That's honestly something that never bugged me. I find that it makes the battles more lively, that said though. It's a stable of jrpgs typically. The action ones in particular, such as the Tales of series or Star Ocean.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
SecretMoblin said:
I love how they're all so concerned about each others emotional wellbeing and the vibe of the battle. Very touchy feely this bunch... though I find it charming.

Zafir

kiryogi said:

I'm not sure if I can say I love the accents, but I do agree that I'm glad it isn't the typical cast of YL, JYB, LB, MR, TB etc. I mean don't get me wrong, they do a good job, but you just get a bit sick of them.

kiryogi

Banned
squall23 said:
It's more like 40% of the game, not quite half way but almost there. Half way point is when you
get Fiorun back as a party member
Isn't point with
Fiorung
more like the 70% point?

Pretty sure Prison Island is more or less the 50% point

It's just like, OK, I get it, they were a bunch of jokahs. And the enemies we fought three minutes ago were also a bunch of jokahs. And those crabs? They were a bunch of jokahs, as well. I get it Shulk, now shut up!

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
SecretMoblin said:
It's just like, OK, I get it, they were a bunch of jokahs. And the enemies we fought three minutes ago were also a bunch of jokahs. And those crabs? They were a bunch of jokahs, as well. I get it Shulk, now shut up!
Reyn, isn't it?

duckroll

SecretMoblin said:

But Shulk isn't the one calling anyone a bunch of jokers. :)

What I don't like about the battle system is that it's so chaotic. Hard to actually keep the overview or use any real "tactics". Most of the time I end up just popping off my most powerful attacks without brain.

Edit: Still undecided betweend EN and JP voices. Would have preferred US VO I think.

schennmu said:
Edit: Still undecided betweend EN and JP voices. Would have preferred US VO I think.

Pfft. I think the British dub is fantastic. None of the teasers/trailers really did it justice.

Sadist said:
Finally found those
four emblems in the swamp

I was cautiously expecting some mini-boss encounters tbh.

Peff

Zafir said:
The quest giver said something about getting dynamite from the mines. You can get up from the Wind Caves but the circular path is blocked by some rocks. So I'm guessing you use that dynamite on those rocks to get up and behind the level 90. It's currently on my list of quests to do before I move on with the story.

And wow, I wish I hadn't read that spoiler in the last post. Last time I ever do that. I sort of already knew it was coming though, damn poster.

Oh, totally forgot about that, even though I tried to go up through that path, heh. I think I'll try that next.

Twilight Princess said:
the english voice acting is on par with ffxii and better than ffxiii imo.

Every game without the Vanille voice actor automatically has better VO than FFXIII.

I don't like the accents, sorry.

Yeah, the voice acting itself isn't bad, I don't think. It reminds me of the charming VA from Dragon Quest VIII, which everyone has been making comparisons to. There's just so much of it... it's almost like a Dynasty Warriors game.

Top Bottom