• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Quick question

I'm upto the stage of the refugee camp moving back to Colony 6, but my affinity for 'colony 6 area' is still only 2 stars, and I don't see immediately any new quests, is this normal?

kizmah

Mechonis in the sky, the first time I got out in the open, was truly a sight to behold. And over the edge of the cliff (edge of the world as it is) you can see his decapitated arm resting in the endless ocean. Amazing setting!

I haven't even touched
Dunban
since I got him, since my Shulk/Reyn/Sharla combination seems to be working so well for the moment.

I definitely want to try
Melia as soon as I get her, so I might try Dunban/Shulk/Melia or even the Melia/Dunban/Riki combination, presuming I get them both in the near future.

Does this game have one combination of characters who are overpowered compared to any others?

Zafir

BlazingDarkness said:
Quick question

I'm upto the stage of the refugee camp moving back to Colony 6, but my affinity for 'colony 6 area' is still only 2 stars, and I don't see immediately any new quests, is this normal?
Yeah, I was the same. You get more quests when they move back.

CruxisMana said:
I haven't even touched
Dunban
since I got him, since my Shulk/Reyn/Sharla combination seems to be working so well for the moment.

I definitely want to try
Melia as soon as I get her, so I might try Dunban/Shulk/Melia or even the Melia/Dunban/Riki combination, presuming I get them both in the near future.

Does this game have one combination of characters who are overpowered compared to any others?

Well, kiryogi just linked to a topic on GameFAQs that talks up Dunban and Melia.

kiryogi

Banned
CruxisMana said:
I haven't even touched
Dunban

I definitely want to try

See the guide I posted :D

Breakdown:

Dunban out does Reyn in terms of pure damage.
Melia is THE ether power house.
Riki is just wrong and is the most damaging char in the game melee wise. Super fast recharge on his arts.
And then there's also the final character, who's also a major powerhouse.
It's sad but Karna/Reyn just end up on backburner once all these chars are in play

hamzik said:
Mechonis in the sky, the first time I got out in the open, was truly a sight to behold. And over the edge of the cliff (edge of the world as it is) you can see his decapitated arm resting in the endless ocean. Amazing setting!

Yeah, I just got to that part, it's beautiful. The draw distance with the smooth framerate is really impressive for a Wii game.

kiryogi said:
See the guide I posted :D

Breakdown:

Dunban out does Reyn in terms of pure damage.
Melia is THE ether power house.
Riki is just wrong and is the most damaging char in the game melee wise.

I was scared by the spoiler warning ;P

Definitely going to go down that route then. I might break Dunban out now and backbench Reyn.

kizmah

sdornan said:
This is a game that I would love to see an HD makeover for one of these days.

The game is amazing as it is. Let the good folks over at Monotith make something new and original for Wii U instead.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Count me in as saying the British actors are surprisingly wonderful, and this is one of the better jRPG dubs of all time.

kiryogi

Banned
Could always have someone else upport it like the recent HD collections. While I wouldn't buy a NoA edition of Xenoblade, I would buy Xenoblade HD.

Sadist

I've been thinking, do you guys kinda want that Monolith Soft's Wii U Project is Xenoblade 2 instead of Baten Kaitos 3 :'D

Antagon

sdornan said:
This is a game that I would love to see an HD makeover for one of these days.

I don't think it would be feasible. The amount of content is insane, creating detailed assets for this would be way too expensive.

kiryogi

Banned
BocoDragon said:
Count me in as saying the British actors are surprisingly wonderful, and this is one of the better jRPG dubs of all time.
What really sold me was the intro honestly. The narrator and then Dunban thruout the entire thing with the epic speech and lines, it's just brilliant.

Especially his delivery on this:

"Vile Mechon! If you think the Homs, the people of Bionis, are just waiting here for you to pick us off. . . You are sorely mistaken!"

2San

BocoDragon said:
Yeah. The chaviness in the random cries in battle, kinda made me sceptical, but there's some quality stuff there. Playing it with English VA makes the story easier to follow as well.

bubnbob

Banned
I went from that GameFAQs thread to the YT video in Kouli's sig, to another vid that had a few huge spoilers - just from watching a regular battle vid

Arghhhhhh... o well

I'm gonna swap out Reyn with Dunban and see how it goes.

Sadist said:
I've been thinking, do you guys kinda want that Monolith Soft's Wii U Project is Xenoblade 2 instead of Baten Kaitos 3 :'D

YES !

Well, NO, I <3 Baten !

But, YES ! Err... NO

YNO

NYES

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY BRAIN ?

kiryogi

Banned
bubnbob said:
I went from that GameFAQs thread to the YT video in Kouli's sig, to another vid that had a few huge spoilers - just from watching a regular battle vid

Arghhhhhh... o well

Kouli's vid is just wrong. It illustrates how OP Melia is.

First battle against
humans
and they're owning me hardcore. Shulk's
attacks won't work against them
and I'm not sure how to get rid of the thing they keep doing to me. Will
Monado &#30772;-Breaker
help or am I mistaking talent arts for auras?

kiryogi

Banned
Lord Ghirahim said:
First battle against
humans
Monado &#30772;-Breaker
Do not use Shulk.
Remember, Monado doesn't work on humans

bubnbob

Banned
Lord Ghirahim said:
First battle against
humans
Monado &#30772;-Breaker

Shulk is dead weight against Humans...
for now

Dunbar

Of course, I go to finally order, and Game.co.uk is sold out. Zavvi doesn't ship to America, so what is the next best place to order from?

bubnbob

Banned
kiryogi said:
Kouli's vid is just wrong. It illustrates how OP Melia is.

I saw in his vid that
Monado levels up again? it looked way awesome
and in the other video
the 7th character

It would be exceptionally weird of Nintendo to make an HD version of this. Their modus operandi is releasing simple ports several times -- the only game I can think of that they've released as a higher quality version (on a console) has been Super Mario All-Stars.

They've done several portable upgrades -- Metroid: Zero Mission, SMB2 & 3, Ocarina of Time, Star Fox, etc.

I would do naughty things for an HD, Wii U version of this, though.
Don't ask.

And can't Nintendo just ask Tose or another company to handle the HD version while Monolith works on Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Baten Kaitos 3? Nintendo has the money, they can make it happen. Right after they throw money at Treasure to make the next proper Star Fox.

CoolS

kiryogi said:
What really sold me was the intro honestly. The narrator and then Dunban thruout the entire thing with the epic speech and lines, it's just brilliant.

Especially his delivery on this:

"Vile Mechon! If you think the Homs, the people of Bionis, are just waiting here for you to pick us off. . . You are sorely mistaken!"

I agree, I absolutely loved Dunbans voice actin during the intro. so many great lines that were delivered incredibly well.

"We may die if we take our stand here. bBut staying gives us the chance to change our destinies."

"Oi you two! We've been ordered to pull back! I'm leaving! - Well I say you're coming with us!" <-- love that line

kiryogi

Banned
bubnbob said:
I saw in his vid that
Monado levels up again? it looked way awesome
and in the other video
the 7th character
Yes, I forget if it's called Monado III or true Monado. And haha yes Fiorung was the other char I was talking about. She's mad crazy good.
See the Issue with running with Reyn or some others is that you'll start facing nothing but
Mechon
later.

So the most ideal team for that later portion is like
Shulk, Melia, and Fiorung
as they have zero issues dealing damage.

TheExodu5

Banned
I'm just going to leave this here...

xenoblade.png

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
TheExodu5 said:
I'm just going to leave this here...

http://thejayzone.com/pics/xenoblade.png[img][/QUOTE]
The grass...! It's so pretty...

[quote=RPGCrazied]Man. By the time I get Xenoblade, it'll be old news. :( So many people have this playing.[/quote]
I feel you. I haven't gotten mine yet; and in the unlikely case that I do get it before Wednesday, I won't be able to play it until Wednesday evening or Thursday! :O

Bought myself the game and classic controller pro bundle pack.

I had to get used to the fighting system ,but I quickly learned to do at least a decent job in battle.
I wonder how many of you played like me. Spending the first hour exploring and making minimal progress storyline wise.
Anyway. First impression is positive. Even the english voice acting is pretty good.

Reveirg

RPGCrazied said:
Not if I get it like next Friday. I'd assume half this thread would have beaten the game. :p

Let's keep each others posted on when it arrives. I'm on the Canadian East Coast but it shipped 1 day later than yours.

B.K.

Mpl90 said:
What is with this powerful graphics on my Wii

You shouldn't really be surprised. With the exception of Xenosaga Episode II, Monolithsoft has always done great graphics work.

Top Bottom