• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Pikma

Banned
Kenka said:
Holy shrimp, not only Xenoblade but all 7 first spots are ruthlessly occupied by Nintendo software x_X. What a unmannered way to claim back the spotlight. Damn, I am happy for Xenoblade.

Not all are good news, there's only one 3DS game there, LoZ of course.

MicH

AWW YEAH!

XENOBLADE GET!

Finally my limited edition from GAME arrived. Hooray! Won't have time to play it until Wednesday though :(

Domstercool

This game is so good! It's just such a bliss to play! Environments... oh man, they are simply some of the best locations in a JRPG in quite sometime.

Pretty far into it and my characters are lv 45 :D Anyway back to it!

Jaded Alyx said:
How is this being advertised? Any TV ads? Even Disaster got a few spots in the UK.

Online advertising only ATM.

Mind you though, NOE only usually start TV ads about a week after release so we'll see (though I'm not expecting anything)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Probably going to go ahead and import next week. Any consensus on what's the best import to US of the three I saw posted earlier?

Jaded Alyx said:
How is this being advertised? Any TV ads? Even Disaster got a few spots in the UK.
In The Netherlands yesterday I saw one huge (like one minute or maybe longer) commercial on Comedy Central, I was very surprised. Don't know if it comes multiple times.

I went to buy it yesterday and it was £40 at GAME? Holy crap, I've never seen a non-Mario Wii game over £30 before. Gonna check out ASDA and Tesco today and see if it's cheaper there...
If not I'll order online and wait the few days for delivery.

I've chosen "Engage the Enemy" to be my personal theme to play in my head no matter what I'm doing. I don't think I'll have motivational problems ever again.

wrowa

Where can I find
Trainer Harmelon
(Bionis' Leg)? I want to defeat him, because I fear that the quest will expire soon, but somehow I can't find him.

IdreamofHIME said:
I went to buy it yesterday and it was £40 at GAME? Holy crap, I've never seen a non-Mario Wii game over £30 before. Gonna check out ASDA and Tesco today and see if it's cheaper there...

huh? mario games are usually the cheapest games you can find around here. MK, Galaxy, NSMBW were all 25% cheaper than every other retail game.

wrowa said:
Where can I find
Trainer Harmelon
(Bionis' Leg)? I want to defeat him, because I fear that the quest will expire soon, but somehow I can't find him.
On the upper level, go north of Spiral Valley and you should see him running around with two Berserk Ardun, he looks like a Tirkin

mclem

wrowa said:
Where can I find
Trainer Harmelon

Get to the upper floor, first. He's in the centre of four large pillars, north of the spiral rock structure.

If you're not yet at the upper floor, you're probably fine to continue with the story until you get there. However, I stalled my story at the bridge, and used a different means to cross over (cutting around high-level monsters on the 'mushrooms' in the lake). It's possible that the story will remove those quests around then, but I suspect I was overcautious and you're fine.

Speaking of which: How do you know a timed quest has expired? Do you get a message? A different icon? It vanishing from your quest log?

basefree

I just started this game, its been such a welcome surprise (even with the good word of mouth). Loving it so far. Only thing that irks me if that there's no way to track other quests other than the main one. Or is there?

Diprosalic said:
huh? mario games are usually the cheapest games you can find around here. MK, Galaxy, NSMBW were all 25% cheaper than every other retail game.

Really? I paid 40 for Galaxy 1 and 2 and 35 for NSMBW and I think Smash was 35 on release too, every other Wii game I own I paid 30 or less for.

Domstercool said:
This game is so good! It's just such a bliss to play! Environments... oh man, they are simply some of the best locations in a JRPG in quite sometime.

Pretty far into it and my characters are lv 45 :D Anyway back to it!

I just played it at the Nintendo Stand this weekend, and the game was surprisingly easy to play without being dumbed down. Great to see that there are still RPGs with deep and streamlined interfaces.

I'll be getting it for my birthday in two weeks. Can't wait for it.

RPGCrazied

Yay. Another work week! Hopefully this week will be kinder than last week. I haven't even played this game yet, and I'm horribly addicted! :O

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Can some Dolphin user do the morning, sunset and night time versions of the title screen as a wallpaper or something? It would be sweet to have it switch between them.

Just crank the 16:9 resolution and AA and such to the max when doing it :)

Very light group setup spoilers (17 hours into the game)
The only letdown so far is the group setup. I don't know, I get cool new chars I want to use but I already have:
Tank, DD, Healer

And I don't know how to switch it. I need the Tank, I need the Healer and I need the Monado.

It would appear I've played about 20 hours since yesterday.
bj5u1s.jpg

I think I'll give the story a rest and do some gem crafting, I also need books for my pathetically weak arts. And new clothes... No wonder I'm dying all the time.

Tryckser said:
The only letdown so far is the group setup. I don't know, I get cool new chars I want to use but I already have:
Tank, DD, Healer

And I don't know how to switch it. I need the Tank, I need the Healer and I need the Monado.
Replacing Reyn with Dunban is pretty reasonable. He's dealing a good amount of damage, he's very fast and draws aggro from Shulk/Sharla.

wsippel

Banned
Tryckser said:
Tank, DD, Healer

Nope, you don't. Believe it or not, almost all combinations work as long as Shulk is in your party. You might need to switch out some skills and change Shulks equipment, though.

ivysaur12

Banned
UK numbers:

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/873072-nintendomination-in-uk-charts-as-xenoblade-makes-top-three

UK individual formats chart – 20 August
1 (1) Zumba Fitness (Wii)
2 (5) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time 3D (3DS)
3 (-) Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii)
4 (7) Wii Sports Resort (Wii)
5 (2) Just Dance 2: Extra Songs (Wii)
6 (6) Just Dance 2 (Wii)
7 (10)Mario Kart Wii (Wii)
8 (24)Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (360)
9 (9) Cars 2 (DS)
10(3)DiRT 3 (PS3)

UK multiformat charts - 20 August
1 (1) Zumba Fitness (Wii/360/PS3)
2 (2) Lego Pirates Of The Caribbean (Wii/360/PS3/PC/DS/PSP/3DS)
3 (3) Cars 2 (Wii/360/PS3/DS)
4 (13)The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time 3D (3DS)
5 (5) FIFA 11 (PS2/Wii/360/PS3/PC/DS/PSP)
6 (6) Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (Wii/360/PS3/PC/DS/PSP)
7 (-) Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii)
8 (4) DiRT 3 (360/PS3/PC)
9 (12)Brink (360/PS3/PC)
10(10)L.A. Noire (360/PS3)

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/8...ts-as-xenoblade-makes-top-three#ixzz1VlIYeZuN

It probably would have been higher if there weren't the shortages.

creid

wazoo said:
Just a sidenote.

For all who mod the wii for Xenoblade, import Disaster Day of Crisis !
I'm trying! No sites that ship to the US have it in stock anymore. The only thing on ebay is the Japanese version and like $40 used copies of the Euro version.

Luigiv

TheBranca18 said:
Is Skulk's name supposed to be ironic? I mean in English it means to hide out because you're afraid.
I'll take it English isn't your first language? Because there's no world in the English language spelt or pronounced shulk.

wsippel

Banned
Who in gods name sells the stupid Shadow Light book? It's the only one I'm missing. Also, for those who are a lot further in (Sword Valley or something):
So far, I only found one tier 3 art book and unlocked one additional skill tree, both for Melia. I guess I could/ should have more at that point?

HolyTaco

Ffffuuuu. Loving this game. 17 hrs in so far - lvl 23. Even though the sidequests are fetch quest crud I like the characters and setting so much I spent 5 hours just running around picking things up and finding people in Colony 9 today. I would buy a weeoooo solely for Monolith Softs next game for sure :drool

Zafir

creid said:
I'm trying! No sites that ship to the US have it in stock anymore. The only thing on ebay is the Japanese version and like $40 used copies of the Euro version.
I'd say just put in an order at Zavvi. Although it says dispatched within a month, it's often wrong. I find it hard to believe that Nintendo would just abandon it and not send out any extra shipments, considering it's current popularity.

Otherwise, if you're in an hurry, there's new copys on ebay for around $70.

kiryogi

Banned
wsippel said:
Who in gods name sells the stupid Shadow Light book? It's the only one I'm missing. Also, for those who are a lot further in (Sword Valley or something):
So far, I only found one tier 3 art book and unlocked one additional skill tree, both for Melia. I guess I could/ should have more at that point?
Yes. The catch to the additional skill tree quests are that they can only be activated with the corresponding character. Also, later art manuals will be found as enemy drops or thru questing.

Mistle

HolyTaco said:
Ffffuuuu. Loving this game. 17 hrs in so far - lvl 23.
I'm 10 hours in at lvl 23. Seems odd to have a 7 hour time difference at the same level. I guess this game does let the player decide what to do and such, though.

On that note, I think I've spent about 4 hours on the Bionis Leg, just doing quests. But ugh, I don't know if I'm actually enjoying it, or it's just that sense of "must do next quest, must do next quest..." that keeps me hooked so long. So I think from now on I'm only going to do a couple of quests here and there- not focus on them. I feel it distracts from the actual game too much and breaks the flow of the story.

It's fantastic that the quests are there as an option, but there are just too many for my liking, so I have to resist to the urge to do as many as possible D:

Boogybro

Joe Molotov said:
Just started this game, but already I'm loving it.

Not long until you're in a state of euphoria then.

RPGCrazied: Ignore the main mission for an hour or two, do a few side quests, come to grips with the equipment shop...

Who here uses Dunban as a tank? If so, what's your build? Do you go for the Wisdom skill line and strip him of all his armor and use him as an Evasion tank?

Zafir

Mistle said:
I'm 10 hours in at lvl 23. Seems odd to have a 7 hour time difference at the same level. I guess this game does let the player decide what to do and such, though.

On that note, I think I've spent about 4 hours on the Bionis Leg, just doing quests. But ugh, I don't know if I'm actually enjoying it, or it's just that sense of "must do next quest, must do next quest..." that keeps me hooked so long. So I think from now on I'm only going to do a couple of quests here and there- not focus on them. I feel it distracts from the actual game too much and breaks the flow of the story.

It's fantastic that the quests are there as an option, but there are just too many for my liking, so I have to resist to the urge to do as many as possible D:
Yeah I know completely what you mean. I've started to only do quests which are on my way and/or timed. I spent absolutely ages in Colony 9 and the Bionis' Leg doing every sidequest I could find but now I'm getting a bit sick of the sidequests. xD

Top Bottom