• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
RPGCrazied said:
Least you get to play it! Think of us poor Americans waiting on slow ass shipping. :O

Think of us poor Americans who already have it and are stuck having withdrawals. I was going to sleep at 2:00 a.m. yesterday and I had to get back up and keep playing. Had to wake up early and I don't want sleep, I want to play Xenoblade. I NEED more...

RPGCrazied

UltimaKilo said:
Think of us poor Americans who already have it and are stuck having withdrawals. I was going to sleep at 2:00 a.m. yesterday and I had to get back up and keep playing. Had to wake up early and I don't want sleep, I want to play Xenoblade. I NEED more...

When did you get it again? Nice to know a copy made the long flight and drive. Hopefully that means good things. Though I'm much further than Miami? Ugh, Texas.

I have the day off work today, I hope my copy (shipped last Monday from ASDA) arrives! Excited that at least one person in the US has gotten it.

RPGCrazied said:
When did you get it again? Nice to know a copy made the long flight and drive. Hopefully that means good things. Though I'm much further than Miami? Ugh, Texas.
dat means 2 days so tomorrow you'll get it.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
RPGCrazied said:

Saturday afternoon. I had pre-ordered it so it shipped early. Did you pre-order it? If so, I'd wager you get it by tomorrow afternoon. Did you order it Royal Mail?

Sallokin

I'm three hours north of Miami, so if UltimaKilo got his already I'm hoping mine gets delivered today. Otherwise, I'll probably turn into RPGCrazied who I expect to see on the news any minute now :)

RPGCrazied

UltimaKilo said:
Saturday afternoon. I had pre-ordered it so it shipped early. Did you pre-order it? If so, I'd wager you get it by tomorrow afternoon. Did you order it Royal Mail?

I have no clue what Zavvi ships. Since its free shipping, I doubt its royal mail or whatever that is. It was shipped last Monday. Day 7 of waiting.

Look at the site it says.

What service is used for your deliveries?
-

We use Royal Mail to send our items within the UK and Airmail for deliveries outside of the UK.

Depending on the value of the goods delivered we may also send them recorded or special delivery or by courier.

Is that FedEx? I doubt that either.

TDLink

My order with 365games shipped earlier (I'm in Canada). I think most people who ordered with them will get theirs shipped out today. If you still see a processing refund thing use their support form, they actually respond pretty speedily.

Zwei

shit, every time I come back to this thread, it's jumped 5-7 pages. so has anyone beaten Xenoblade yet? how's the story compared to Xenosaga / 'Gears?

Effect

Bite the bullet and talked to my bank about making payment to Zavvi would go through. Though will have to wait for them to get more in stock.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
RPGCrazied said:
I have no clue what Zavvi ships. Since its free shipping, I doubt its royal mail or whatever that is. It was shipped last Monday. Day 7 of waiting.

Look at the site it says.

What service is used for your deliveries?
-

Is that FedEx? I doubt that either.

Royal Mail.

Zafir

Because unmarked spoiler threads end up spoiling the people who are playing.

If someone is further than me, and posts something that happens later than where I am, and it's unmarked. Then I'm screwed.

Mind you, as you can see, spoiler tags aren't fantastic either. Saying how many hours in the said event is, doesn't really help considering how many quests there are to side track you. xD

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Spanish Wrath said:
Been playing for 3 hours.

Damn, Fiora's death was one of the cruelest moments I've ever seen in videogames.

My follow Raul Gonzalez Blanco fan...
She was hardly developed, so I didn't feel anything for the character, they killed her off too soon.
Hala Madrid.

Myriadis

UltimaKilo said:

So there's no problem with playing the PAL copy on the NTSC version.Good to hear for you guys.

Hopefully it will be in my mailbox when I get home. Hopefully. I did manage to score the soundtrack over the weekend though

"Fields of the Machinae" is singlehandedly the best videogame music track Ive heard in long, long LONG time.

wrowa

Zafir said:
It has been for me. They always say "That's number 5 of 5, this should help colony 6 a lot!" or something along those lines.
What you see is
a vision of the future. They don't actually say that the moment you collected the item, but later in the game

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Myriadis said:
So there's no problem with playing the PAL copy on the NTSC version.Good to hear for you guys.

I get a lot of screen tearing for some reason. I think it has to do with the homebrew channel though. Otherwise, it could be forcing the game to output NTSC with USB Loader. I've tried a couple of things with no luck, but the game is more than playable.

Dachande

RPGCrazied said:
I'm confused. It says Royal mail for within the UK and Airmail for overseas. How is that the same?

Royal Mail is the UK equivalent of USPS, which means USPS probably has your copy by now. You won't have a tracking number unless they sent it by courier.

Quixzlizx

UltimaKilo said:
I get a lot of screen tearing for some reason. I think it has to do with the homebrew channel though. Otherwise, it could be forcing the game to output NTSC with USB Loader. I've tried a couple of things with no luck, but the game is more than playable.

Are you playing in 480p mode?

Zafir

wrowa said:
What you see is
a vision of the future. They don't actually say that the moment you collected the item, but later in the game
Yeah, but I do always have all 5 items when the vision happens.
UltimaKilo said:
My follow Raul Gonzalez Blanco fan...
She was hardly developed, so I didn't feel anything for the character, they killed her off too soon.
Hala Madrid.
Yeah, I sort of felt the same. You didn't really know her enough to care at that point

Antagon

Maxrunner said:
Wait this thing got a 9 from EDGE??? wow...it must be really good....or the lack of good jprpg's was really felt...

It is really good, pretty much everyone that played it loves it. If you enjoy exploration in games then this is one game that you cannot miss.

Kerrinck said:
Anyone knows where I can find Light rain element and spotted volff hide?
light rain element: go to spiral valley when it rains, kill the water elementals.
volff hides are probly from volffs lol, dunno where exactly they are

bubnbob

Banned
Maxrunner said:
Wait this thing got a 9 from EDGE??? wow...it must be really good....or the lack of good jprpg's was really felt...

There are plenty of good JRPGs, it's just Xenoblade streamlines everything so good that nothing is an issue, and easily accessible for anyone. Monolithsoft did a ton of homework on this one, and the payout is huge.

Unfortunately sales just don't seem to be resonating (I read it didn't do so hot in Japan?)

krYlon

bubnbob said:
There are plenty of good JRPGs, it's just Xenoblade streamlines everything so good that nothing is an issue, and easily accessible for anyone. Monolithsoft did a ton of homework on this one, and the payout is huge.

Unfortunately sales just don't seem to be resonating (I read it didn't do so hot in Japan?)

Well, its doing well in the UK. Amazon.co.uk already sold out!

Maxrunner said:

The game is really good, but a 9 from Edge means nothing these days to be honest.

Effect

bubnbob said:

It could be that the design just didn't appeal to Japanese rpg gamers. Which isn't a bad thing. From the start Xenoblade and The Last Story looked design to appeal to a wide audience outside of Japan.

thefro

Effect said:
It could be that the design just didn't appeal to Japanese rpg gamers. Which isn't a bad thing. From the start Xenoblade and The Last Story looked design to appeal to a wide audience outside of Japan.

It's more that the JRPG audience on consoles in Japan has really atrophied if the game isn't Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest.

duckroll

bubnbob said:

It's on the Wii. That's the main reason. Quality and content isn't the main reason games sell a lot. If some people aren't interested in playing games on a certain system, it doesn't matter how good the games on that system are.

Kerrinck

Twilight Princess said:
light rain element: go to spiral valley when it rains, kill the water elementals.
volff hides are probly from volffs lol, dunno where exactly they are
Thanks man. Now to try and remember where volffs are, probably gaur plains.

Varion

bubnbob said:
It didn't do that badly, just not exceptionally either. 83,000 copies first week, which is less than Last Story's 115000 but much more than Pandora's Tower's pitiful 21000 (comparing it to the other two Rainfall games). Considering Europe's a larger audience and the sales rankings are looking good it's possible (and would be really nice if it does) it could sell more in English.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Effect said:

It certainly appealed to the Japanese gamers who actually played it. Problem is less the audience itself (ie, the people who still play these games) and more the state of gaming in Japan these days.

Top Bottom