• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

UltimaKilo said:
My follow Raul Gonzalez Blanco fan...
She was hardly developed, so I didn't feel anything for the character, they killed her off too soon.
Hala Madrid.

I didn't

felt bad for her. I did for the way she died. The blood on the Mekon claws... shit.

duckroll

Lissar said:
It certainly appealed to the Japanese gamers who actually played it. Problem is less the audience itself (ie, the people who still play these games) and more the state of gaming in Japan these days.

Not really. Nothing wrong with the state of gaming. Just blame the Wii for having failed to capture the larger audience who would be interested in such a game. By the time Xenoblade was released, the Wii market for core games was done.

MYE

Luckily, Dragon Quest X will force Japanese RPG gamers to either turn on or buy the system. Maybe Last Story and Xenoblade will ressurect and get a free ride on the DQ tidal wave.

Rolf NB

Varion said:
It didn't do that badly, just not exceptionally either. 83,000 copies first week, which is less than Last Story's 115000 but much more than Pandora's Tower's pitiful 21000 (comparing it to the other two Rainfall games). Considering Europe's a larger audience and the sales rankings are looking good it's possible (and would be really nice if it does) it could sell more in English.
Not looking too hot right now. 6.6k debut at best in the UK. With the usual ratios applied, this could mean 20~25k for the whole of Europe.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Checked the mail, didn't get it. :( Damn it, I can't tease RPGCrazied!
LLShC.gif

Phenomic

A Human Becoming said:
Checked the mail, didn't get it. :( Damn it, I can't tease RPGCrazied!
LLShC.gif

This is the longest 4 to 6 business days ever. I wonder if Saturday counts for a business day because USPS still delivers.. hmmm

Zafir

Rolf NB said:
Not looking too hot right now. 6.6k debut at best in the UK. With the usual ratios applied, this could mean 20~25k for the whole of Europe.
Well, thats partly NoE's fault. Considering every where has sold out, they must only have shipped around that much to begin with. Meaning it's exceeded NoE's expectations at the least.

MYE

ezekial45 said:
Is there any indication on how the game sold so far?

Its sold out in many places.
But the first shipping numbers must be on the low side anyway so, yeah. I'd say its pretty much selling within NOE's expectations.

duckroll

I don't think for a title like Xenoblade, that any solid conclusions can be drawn from the first week of sales. The nature of the game as a new IP, and the fact that Nintendo simply does not have many RPGs on the Wii to begin with, especially in Europe, means that most retailers and the average gamer will not have "expected" the game. There doesn't seem to be a huge marketing campaign either.

If the word of mouth is really good, it could continue to sell for a long time, through the holiday season even.

krYlon

duckroll said:
I don't think for a title like Xenoblade, that any solid conclusions can be drawn from the first week of sales. The nature of the game as a new IP, and the fact that Nintendo simply does not have many RPGs on the Wii to begin with, especially in Europe, means that most retailers and the average gamer will not have "expected" the game. There doesn't seem to be a huge marketing campaign either.

If the word of mouth is really good, it could continue to sell for a long time, through the holiday season even.

It's sold as well as it possibly could in its first week. Sold out in many places, and number 7 in the UK top 40.
Its number 3 on the single platform chart.
It may just be that there isn't much competition I dont know. Certainly if NOE shipped more copies it would have been even higher.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Zafir said:
Yeah, but I do always have all 5 items when the vision happens.

Yeah, I sort of felt the same. You didn't really know her enough to care at that point
uh, for me it happens on the first one I pick up, always. Goes likes this:
I pick up my first cthulhu stawberry.
I get a scene of the party saying, "Good, that's 5/5 cthulhu strawberries."
which tells me I need to find 4 more cthulhu strawberries.

RurouniZel said:
365 games never shipped my copy today. :-(. I'm very sad I chose the wrong place to buy from...

I'm feeling the same way, especially when all the other retailers have shipped copies out and they sent us an email last week saying it would ship today.

Boogybro

Completed doing the story on
Bionis Knee. Saw and got saved from the faced Mech that killed Fiora,
then decided to head back to Colony 9 and complete all side quests up until this point.

Loving every minute of it, even when I'm accidentally running into lvl 75 monsters and getting insta-crushed. Ive done so much exploration and it still feels like I've barely scratched the surface of whats to offer.

LProtag

Thinking about using USB loader because I'm fearful for my disk drive from what I've been hearing. What size SD card would I need to get this game on it? I have an archaic external hard drive that requires a power source. Also, if I started playing on the disk and switched, would I be able to access my save files?

Alrus

Rolf NB said:

You need to stop taking UK sales as an indications of general european sales... The game will do much better in france and probably in germany too, just like MH Tri. (And a ton of other Wii games not dance related...)

BlazingDarkness said:
I just reached
Frontier Village
It looks wonderful :D Also that Nopon looks hilarious

The Chief? I loved the bit where you're talking to Melia and he's like 'OH SORRY TO SNEAK UP ON YOU LIKE THIS HOM HOM FRIENDS! when you could spot his MASSIVE HAIR from miles off. No way could he sneak up on anyone.

Then I laughed at the part where you first meet Riki the Heropon and end up playing beach ball with him until Reyn drives him into the ground.

I like the contrast between the Nopon looking and speaking cute, but instead they're filled with a raging blood lust.

Nekobo

RurouniZel said:
365 games never shipped my copy today. :-(. I'm very sad I chose the wrong place to buy from...

Ditto. I even e-mailed them saying "I hope you fine gentlemen shipped the game out today."

:(

EDIT:

I got a reply from 365games:

"This order is currently in processing and should hopefully be despatched tomorrow morning, you will receive notification when it's despatched."

So the wait continues...

InsertNameHere said:
Thinking about using USB loader because I'm fearful for my disk drive from what I've been hearing. What size SD card would I need to get this game on it? I have an archaic external hard drive that requires a power source. Also, if I started playing on the disk and switched, would I be able to access my save files?

If you want to run the game from an SD card, an 8GB card should be sufficient. Although I'm using a USB hard drive with a power source and I've been able to rip and run games just fine.

Yes, the save file will work regardless of the method you use to play the game.

LProtag

SecretMoblin said:
If you want to run the game from an SD card, an 8GB card should be sufficient. Although I'm using a USB hard drive with a power source and I've been able to rip and run games just fine.

Yes, the save file will work regardless of the method you use to play the game.

Hm, maybe I will do that so I don't have to wait for a card, I just need to find another outlet, haha.

InsertNameHere said:
i had an 8GB SD card. formatted using the tool from the gaf page has it at 7.38. isn't the game bigger than that?

Diffense

InsertNameHere said:

I've heard people say that a mostly empty 8GB card should work because the game is about 7GB or so (don't quote me on that).
My current Wii is less than a year old after the disc drive on the one I bought several years ago died.
So in the interest of playing wihout too much fuss I'm just going to use Gecko OS since the new Wii should have a few years to go before failure.
I also have a hard drive enclosure that needs external power but it's what I'm going to use if/when I decide on a disc-free setup.

RPGCrazied still showing who's king here.

I caught up nicely lol.
Got hyped every since my copy shipped.

Speevy

Banned
This sounds like a tremendous game. I wish I had it in my hands.

Were the other non-localized games (Last Story, that other one?) supposed to be as good, or no?

LProtag

Diffense said:
I've heard people say that a mostly empty 8GB card should work because the game is about 7GB or so (don't quote me on that).
My current Wii is less than a year old after the disc drive on the one I bought several years ago died.
So in the interest of playing wihout too much fuss I'm just going to use Gecko OS since the new Wii should have a few years to go before failure.
I also have a hard drive enclosure that needs external power but it's what I'm going to use if/when I decide on a disc-free setup.

Mine's a launch Wii that's only recently seen a little play from NMH. No idea how dual layer will work anymore because I can't find my copy of Brawl.

Might have to hijack my friend's Wii and hack it and then rip my disk onto my hard drive if it comes to that... I'm sure he won't mind.

Zafir

RPGCrazied said:
;)

Shows you how much I'm going to love this game.
Or how much you're going to be disappointed if you somehow don't like it. xD
InsertNameHere said:
Mine's a launch Wii that's only recently seen a little play from NMH. No idea how dual layer will work anymore because I can't find my copy of Brawl.

Might have to hijack my friend's Wii and hack it and then rip my disk onto my hard drive if it comes to that... I'm sure he won't mind.
Honestly, it's a toss up even if your console is a launch one. My console is a launch console, and it plays dual layered disks fine so far. I hear Sakura Wars is also Dual Layered(Wish I'd have known that before I got Brawl out to test my Wii, hah) and I played through that all the way the other month without trouble. Plus Xenoblade is playing without any problems.

RPGCrazied

Oh come on you guys. We've been through this. No way am I going to hate this game. It can't happen.

I even liked it when I played the Japanese import awhile back, and that was only the first area and a couple hours of messing around.

Having the whole game? In English?

*faints*

Top Bottom