• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yes, another GGXX thread - Survival Mode and Ex characters

How far can you guys get? I get to level 160 with Baiken but Ex Ky shuts me down like his bitch. Its not complete ownage, but its down to the wire. And working up another 160 levels can be bothersome.

Especially since I BARELY beat ex zanuff with a destroyer (luck)

Also, how do you use their black ex look in other modes, and how do I use other colors from survival, dont I get them for beating the person in them. Or am I mistaken.

Bob White

If you wanna get far in survival mode learn to use Testament. All the shit he can have on the screen easily catches the comp most of the time.

Grifter

The extra colors are the SP colors that you unlock, for playing that mode or story mode, or after you reach a certain amount of time played. IIRC, black was highlight SP+dust, which is unlimited tension mode, SP+start is gold, which is broke as hell mode.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
when do the gold people start coming in in survival? I think that was my brick wall that I couldn't get past. I seem to recall a gold johnny that kills in 1 hit or something... =\

oh, and black ex would be what I call their shadow version I guess?

I seem to remember you press L and R to decide either EX or "more colors". So like if to get EX you hold down L is it? Then you would hold down R and doing that switched the face buttons to even more different colors and then one of those is the shadow one. I think...

mint

Banned
Can someone give me some basics with Millia? I just started learning this, and could use some combos, tactics. I hear she is the rushdown type, and was wondering what her most used combos are (but not too hard). THanks

slayn

needs to show more effort.
speaking of which, are there any general guides for EX version of characters, and also, while I assume they aren't allowed in tourneys just for being secret characters, is there anything neccisarily overpowered about the EX forms?

what about Robo Ky, Kliff, and Justice? Justice seemed overpowered when I used her, but when I actually checked damage she seemed to do less than Dizzy with similar moves.

Top Bottom